Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
There are risks, just as in dating, I guess. Some are the same, some are different. I suppose it depends on each person's risk/reward balance. However, if the problems were as frequent as your speculation might lead one to believe, no-one would do it. But millions do, apparently, and must have fun because they keep on doing it for years or even decades.
Knowing my luck I'd get the crappy experience.....

Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM

20,394 posts, read 14,667,898 times
So, if a couple doesn't do the swinger thing like a dating scenario or a casual encounter, no clubs or resorts, but actually gets emotionally invested in another couple and does some sort of a double-pairbond thing...as in my female friend calls this one guy her "OSO" and the two couples and all assorted kids and pets act like a big family socially etc. Is that called something else, then? Is this polyamoury? Whatever it is, these people seem incredibly happy with the arrangement. I don't know if they swap or all sleep together or what, but they're all very close. I'm impressed with the amount of love, friendship, and support they all have for each other.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
So, if a couple doesn't do the swinger thing like a dating scenario or a casual encounter, no clubs or resorts, but actually gets emotionally invested in another couple and does some sort of a double-pairbond thing...as in my female friend calls this one guy her "OSO" and the two couples and all assorted kids and pets act like a big family socially etc. Is that called something else, then? Is this polyamoury? Whatever it is, these people seem incredibly happy with the arrangement. I don't know if they swap or all sleep together or what, but they're all very close. I'm impressed with the amount of love, friendship, and support they all have for each other.
Yeah, I think it's called polyamory. I knew a girl in a relationship like that. It was her, another girl and their boyfriend and they all lived together. I know for sure both girls slept with the guy but I don't know if they all did it at the same time or what. She seemed happy with her arrangement.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 AM

1,100 posts, read 737,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
...and the two couples and all assorted kids and pets act like a big family socially etc. Is that called something else, then?...
Mormon?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,436 times
It's not my thing, but I have known 2 couples that were into it. It's actually quite popular in my town, and I know of 3 different sex clubs friends have told me about, plus an adult theater in our city. The first couple was friends with my ex-gf and I'm not sure how they are doing. I never liked them because I felt like they were trying to lure my girlfriend and I into the lifestyle. It was true. The other couple I met the husband at an old job. Every Monday morning he would come into work and start bragging how him and his wife had the craziest sex of their lives the weekend before. I was never jealous because like I said, it's not my thing, but still he always encouraged me to get into the lifestyle. No thanks. Well a few months ago his wife ended up pregnant, and now I feel horrible for them because she has no way of knowing if that baby is her husbands, or one of the many other guys that she has been sleeping with. Just a sad situation, and one of many reasons I would never swing

Old 01-18-2013, 01:23 AM

1,100 posts, read 737,734 times
Sleeping with more than one partner at any given time sounds absolutely disgusting, perverted, and bizarre. They must be the kinds of people who can't get no satisfaction. Gross! But, who am I to judge. Whatever floats their boat, I guess. Just my opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 AM

165 posts, read 433,021 times
Back in the day, I did all sorts of crazy things. Nowadays, not so much.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Yeah, I think it's called polyamory. I knew a girl in a relationship like that. It was her, another girl and their boyfriend and they all lived together. I know for sure both girls slept with the guy but I don't know if they all did it at the same time or what. She seemed happy with her arrangement.
Eactly the situation I am in too and it is working for the three of us just fine. It is certainly not for _everyone_ however and there are many many people for whom it simply would not work. As you can see from this kind of rhetoric below....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Butternuts View Post
Sleeping with more than one partner at any given time sounds absolutely disgusting, perverted, and bizarre. They must be the kinds of people who can't get no satisfaction. Gross! But, who am I to judge. Whatever floats their boat, I guess. Just my opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:33 AM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Eactly the situation I am in too and it is working for the three of us just fine. It is certainly not for _everyone_ however and there are many many people for whom it simply would not work. As you can see from this kind of rhetoric below....
I don't know if I really consider a polygamous relationship swinging though. If you were bringing in strangers and watching each other that would be swinging

Old 01-18-2013, 01:37 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
I don't know if I really consider a polygamous relationship swinging though.
Nor do I. But it almost invariably comes up in conversations and threads on the subject of swinging so there is clearly some connection in peoples minds between the two - even though they could barely be more different.

I guess when people hear of a situation like mine they immedietly think of sexual infidelities, open relationships and free sexual encounters and the like.

The truth however is that there is absolutely no difference between my relationship and any committed and dedicated couple you know - aside from the number of people in the relationship. We are - for the most part - as committed and dedicated and exclusive as any couple.

There have been tiny exceptions to that. Sexual encounters with other people where we went with the flow. A naughty game of dares here - a sexual encounter involving someone else here. All unplanned - all "it was right in the moment" stuff - but all with the full knowledge and consent and permission of all involved.

Not _many_ now I hasten to add. I have been with the girls for many years now and I can count these encounters on one hand - or at a push two hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships