Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 04:19 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Rankin that sucks. I am sorry. Been there done that. I don't wish it on anyone. Take it one day at a time.
Thanks, that means a lot. I'm hoping to pull it back together but it looks like it's too late.

One thing I do understand is that a good guy like you and I is hard to find.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah, we always had one of those marriages where I and everyone around thought it was an example that they do last forever. It's been slowly going south for the last few years and I did not recognize or pay attention to the problems. I take about 70% responsibility on doing a few stupid guy things (not cheating) but a large contributor has been her fighting depression.

I can never say anything bad about the SO, she's one of the kindest, fun & nicest people you could ever meet. I just hope we can stay semi-close friends as we move on.
I'm sorry, Rakin, and I'm surprised you didn't notice the problems as you're pretty astute. Obviously, I don't know details and I could be wrong, but it may not be too late to save your marriage! I'd fight for it if I were you!

Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Well even the astute miss the signs or gloss over the signs. There are times when it is possible to remain friends, sometimes it takes time before you can speak. For your own sake be as civil as possible.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm sorry, Rakin, and I'm surprised you didn't notice the problems as you're pretty astute. Obviously, I don't know details and I could be wrong, but it may not be too late to save your marriage! I'd fight for it if I were you!
Thanks, I guess it's easier to see outside your world then inside. After 30+ years you just never even think it's a problem until it's too late. There were a few stupid things done and said (mostly said by me) that pushed it over the edge.

One of our mistakes has been working together the last 10 years. It's always best if couples keep separate careers. Even though we're very successful in what we do we work differently which creates stress.

It seems like over a long period enough hurt is said and done that finally takes a toll. When the one you love the most says hurtful things it does so much more damage.

I've not given up yet.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Thanks, I guess it's easier to see outside your world then inside. After 30+ years you just never even think it's a problem until it's too late. There were a few stupid things done and said (mostly said by me) that pushed it over the edge.

One of our mistakes has been working together the last 10 years. It's always best if couples keep separate careers. Even though we're very successful in what we do we work differently which creates stress.

It seems like over a long period enough hurt is said and done that finally takes a toll. When the one you love the most says hurtful things it does so much more damage.

I've not given up yet.
That is smart.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:

I've not given up yet.
Oh Rakin, I am sooooo very sorry! I do hope it's not too late and you and your wife can find your way back. Hang in there my friend!

Old 03-10-2011, 05:42 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Hi guys, got some sucky news to share and this is the 1st time I've said it in public. Looks like my 30+ year marriage is hitting the rocks. We are separating soon and in the process of splitting all the stuff.

Hopefully soon we'll both be able to start healing and starting a new life. No need for a thread asking what to do, I believe we can handle crisis with out the mess (I hope).

Just hope I can have the wisdom to do the right things.
I'm sorry, my friend. I did the same but at only half the duration.

According to Chinese philosophy everything has a cycle of creation and destruction; it was this philosophy that saw me through my tough times, and hopefully it can lend you some support also.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh Rakin, I am sooooo very sorry! I do hope it's not too late and you and your wife can find your way back. Hang in there my friend!

OMG!!! What a shocker...I am sooo very sorry.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
According to Chinese philosophy everything has a cycle of creation and destruction; it was this philosophy that saw me through my tough times, and hopefully it can lend you some support also.
I agree that everything is born, lives it's life cycle then dies. It seems like relationships are very similar, some life cycles are just longer than others.

Thanks for everyones well wishes.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:

I've not given up yet.
Glad to hear that, Rakin. It's worth it!

Also, you're saying your wife is depressed (Geez, the pics could've fooled me...). I'd imagine this depression must have some sources other than you... Don't you think that resolving them somehow may help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships