Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:53 PM

3 posts, read 16,532 times

Advertisements

I notice these types of threads seem to revolve around the bar & club scene, and "young professionals". But what if that's not you? What if your young, but not a professional, and going to school? Suppose you just want to meet young, approachable, childless, women of collage age who hang out in book stores, and happen to live somewhere that is severely lacking in exactly that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 02:36 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,062,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joldges View Post
I notice these types of threads seem to revolve around the bar & club scene, and "young professionals". But what if that's not you? What if your young, but not a professional, and going to school? Suppose you just want to meet young, approachable, childless, women of collage age who hang out in book stores, and happen to live somewhere that is severely lacking in exactly that?
My city is always lacking those collage chicks so I just go for the paper mache girls. They're cuter anyways.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
My city is always lacking those collage chicks so I just go for the paper mache girls. They're cuter anyways.
Those take a bit of work... Corn husk girls may be easier to get in some areas!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,375 times
Quote:
Hmmm wants girls that hang out in book stores, but is in an area that lacks any...

Younglings, how do we help Master Joldges?
Master the answer is easy! He gets a part time job at a book store!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Hmmm wants girls that hang out in book stores, but is in an area that lacks any...
The problem is those girls who hang out in the bookstores usually have gone to collEge!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:45 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:

Younglings, how do we help Master Joldges?
Master the answer is easy! He gets a part time job at a book store!
Man, don't do that. Bad advice. Then you're the guy who has a part-time job in a book store. That's barely a notch above the guy who works at the video store, who in turn is slightly higher on the food chain than the guy who works the cash register down at the c-store.

What the OP seems to be really looking for is girls who have brains and a little bit of emotional depth. If that's the case, then do things that a girl with brains and depth would be doing. Go to a music performance, a lecture, an art showing. Take a class, go on a guided hike. Join a writer's group or find a single's group that's centered around a cultural activity such as music. I mean, when I was 24, I met more girls in my creative writing class than Carter has little liver pills.

In short, part of the reason you're not finding women like that is because you aren't going where they are found. That means you yourself have to step outside of your own comfort zone and try something new and unexpected. And, who knows, you might really like it yourself

Old 02-23-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Man, don't do that. Bad advice. Then you're the guy who has a part-time job in a book store. That's barely a notch above the guy who works at the video store, who in turn is slightly higher on the food chain than the guy who works the cash register down at the c-store.

What the OP seems to be really looking for is girls who have brains and a little bit of emotional depth. If that's the case, then do things that a girl with brains and depth would be doing. Go to a music performance, a lecture, an art showing. Take a class, go on a guided hike. Join a writer's group or find a single's group that's centered around a cultural activity such as music. I mean, when I was 24, I met more girls in my creative writing class than Carter has little liver pills.

In short, part of the reason you're not finding women like that is because you aren't going where they are found. That means you yourself have to step outside of your own comfort zone and try something new and unexpected. And, who knows, you might really like it yourself
But is he into those things himself? Or is he going to come off like Kip and Henry? Only at an event or thing to pick up chicks? What's he going to say when some chick asks him what he thinks of Keith Haring art. "Wasn't that poo in a jar? If so, I make art every morning!"

At a book store he can see what these chicks are reading. He can ask another chick what she liked, next time he sees target chick, he can repeat what other chick said..and hear "Wow, a guy who read Leslie Feinberg?"

Old 02-23-2011, 04:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
Quote:
But is he into those things himself? Or is he going to come off like Kip and Henry? Only at an event or thing to pick up chicks? What's he going to say when some chick asks him what he thinks of Keith Haring art. "Wasn't that poo in a jar? If so, I make art every morning!"

At a book store he can see what these chicks are reading. He can ask another chick what she liked, next time he sees target chick, he can repeat what other chick said..and hear "Wow, a guy who read Leslie Feinberg?"
Hah. True. It's a very jujitsu thing. You have to go to those places with the intent of meeting people while not looking like you're there to meet people.

But as someone who did the bookstore thing for about three months (I realized there was butkus for money in it), I realized that even if a girl I liked strolled up to the counter:

a) She was in a hurry...
b) She was with someone...
c) I had to take care of other customers...
d) My manager was watching me like a hawk...

You get the idea. I'm a pretty charismatic guy, and do my fair share of reading. In three months of working at a book, I think I had one decent conversation with one woman about books. Considering how crappy the pay was, I'd say that's not a very good return on investment.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hah. True. It's a very jujitsu thing. You have to go to those places with the intent of meeting people while not looking like you're there to meet people.

But as someone who did the bookstore thing for about three months (I realized there was butkus for money in it), I realized that even if a girl I liked strolled up to the counter:

a) She was in a hurry...
b) She was with someone...
c) I had to take care of other customers...
d) My manager was watching me like a hawk...

You get the idea. I'm a pretty charismatic guy, and do my fair share of reading. In three months of working at a book, I think I had one decent conversation with one woman about books. Considering how crappy the pay was, I'd say that's not a very good return on investment.
I figured somebody with that strong an anti opinion against clerk in a book store either was one once, or got beat up by one.

Don't have a book store in area for book store hanging out chicks to congregate so you can review them? Hmmmmmmmm

Here's the answer to that..you don't have to be a clerk either..just open a book store!

Old 02-23-2011, 04:57 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,338,653 times
Quote:
move...or wait... or open your eyes unless you are related to everyone in town someone that meets your... criteria is out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships