Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 11:15 PM

154 posts, read 392,434 times

Advertisements

As a female who avoids females because of jealousy and bitterness, I can tell you it is because it reminds women of an insecure woman and is a huge turn off for women, when they see a bitter or moody man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,135,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna777 View Post
As a female who avoids females because of jealousy and bitterness, I can tell you it is because it reminds women of an insecure woman and is a huge turn off for women, when they see a bitter or moody man.
as a woman, I can tell you it doesn't remind women of an insecure woman.

Bitterness in either gender is a turn off.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:43 PM

154 posts, read 392,434 times
To me , it makes a man less masculine...but you are right..........

it is gross for any gender and a turn off for the opposite sex

Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,217,617 times
Bitterness shows a definite inability to not accept your own role in the mess and not get past it. Bitter people get stuck in a rut and can end up with serious health problems because of it. I have had plenty to be bitter about in my life, but why wallow it. Find some humor about, accept your own role in it and move the hell on. Bitter people are nothing more than a dragging annoying downer to everyone around them which only reinforces more bitterness.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:45 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,882,943 times
Yes Thursday007... find humor in it... just recently I've had someone crush my heart but instead of bitterness, I have found the humor in it... won't go into a boring explanation but I even have found empathy for this person... how sad that they will never experience a truely kind, warm giving individual with their negative take on life.... not everyone is out to get you and lie to you... it is a small narrow view on things when you stay bitter... open up and enjoy things around you... smile when your sad... you never know who might be falling in love with that smile you know...

Old 07-22-2011, 06:55 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,217,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Yes Thursday007... find humor in it... just recently I've had someone crush my heart but instead of bitterness, I have found the humor in it... won't go into a boring explanation but I even have found empathy for this person... how sad that they will never experience a truely kind, warm giving individual with their negative take on life.... not everyone is out to get you and lie to you... it is a small narrow view on things when you stay bitter... open up and enjoy things around you... smile when your sad... you never know who might be falling in love with that smile you know...
I remember many moons ago a weekend from hell. I lost my job. I totalled my car into a city bus. when I got home my boyfriend of three years immediately called me and broke up with me on the phone, so I went out to mow the lawn and the lawn mower blew up. I could have gotten a lot of bitter miles off that one weekend, but instead sat at the kitchen table, feet propped up watching the squirrel chase chipmunks around the backyard and then began laughing and literally said outloud, 'Well, nothing like starting from a completely clean slate." It just seemed like so much ridiculousness to the whole thing, which I liken to a 'I love Lucy' episode, how could you not find humor in it.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,125,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna777 View Post
Which is why I internalize my anger and bitterness instead of wearing them like military campaign-pins. Not the healthiest approach, but you have to understand I am Canadian.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I remember many moons ago a weekend from hell. I lost my job. I totalled my car into a city bus. when I got home my boyfriend of three years immediately called me and broke up with me on the phone, so I went out to mow the lawn and the lawn mower blew up. I could have gotten a lot of bitter miles off that one weekend, but instead sat at the kitchen table, feet propped up watching the squirrel chase chipmunks around the backyard and then began laughing and literally said outloud, 'Well, nothing like starting from a completely clean slate." It just seemed like so much ridiculousness to the whole thing, which I liken to a 'I love Lucy' episode, how could you not find humor in it.
Great post! Yes! How can you not find humor in this...if only as a means of surviving. No kidding here, when I've had days or a week like this, I too, will find myself laughing, saying, "Whoa...it's a chain of bad sh*t comin' on. I'm not going ANYWHERE, not answering the phone, not touching ANYTHING I don't have to touch or talking to anyone I don't have to talk to... cuz clearly, I've got a nasty cloud of bad mojo. It looks like it's gonna be a chain yourself to the couch and watch a good movie time. I'll just be patiently sitting over here in my quiet corner for a bit until this storm has passed."

I guess for some of us, if who have lived long enough, it's not the first time a pile of crap has fallen on our lives. You know it's not going to last forever, you just have to wait it out. Also, yes....if a friend leaves you, you get turned down for a job, someone breaks up with you, you can laugh and say, "Yeah, well....I would have given my absolute best to you, but clearly...you don't deserve me. I'm sure glad I found out you weren't worth it before I put any more effort into it. Thanks!"

Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
as a woman, I can tell you it doesn't remind women of an insecure woman.

Bitterness in either gender is a turn off.
Same here artemis. Bitterness has no "gender", nor does it remind me of A gender-specific attitude. It's draining and a turn off, regardless of the gender. Being a strong and "independent" woman, I find bitterness to be an appalling weakness in either gender. Women are supposed to be strong and resilient too.....just as are men. Self-pity is such a waste of time.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:39 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,882,943 times
Default Yes... nature does it for me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Yes... I love it... just have to laugh sometimes... for sure Thursday007... I believe we shared that same day ... but mine ended with the dash of my car catching on fire and the windshield broke out by the fire department LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships