Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,640,832 times

Advertisements

Have you ever met your soul mate?

Did you know it as soon as you saw him/her?

Did you marry him/her?

are you still with him/her?

Was it tragic?

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,492,687 times
I met someone who came pretty close. 'You had me at Hello' sort of thing.

Apparently I wasn't his.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Eh, that's how it feels at first many times... Eventually you realize that instead of soul mate you've found your soul's mental weight.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:27 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,474,130 times
I don't like the term "soul mate" since I don't believe in souls. However, I think there are people who are exceptionally compatible, and that finding such a person is a rare occurence.

With that in mind, yes, I met a woman who fits that description. It took a couple of dates to establish this high level of compatibility, so it wasn't instantaneous - but we did like each other a lot from the moment we met. Yes, I married her, we are still together, and there is nothing tragic about it. Quite the opposite, actually, as the relationship is a source of joy every single day, even after nearly 11 years.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Everyone has different connections with different people.

I may hit it off joking and laughing with someone and then a different person I come in contact with is just not into anything I say.

Is it wrong? No. Everyone is different. When you can connect on a social level with someone it is really cool.

Course, I know a guy that can hit it off with everyone. I mean everyone! People talk to him about anything and everything. Crazy. I'd be lucky if someone acknowledges I exist.

When people get to know me later on they feel comfortable with me but not at first. My close friend said when he first saw me he thought I would pull out a machine gun and kill everyone in the building. I am built, tall and have a stone face look. I guess cause I am a deep thinker. He said, "I want to be his friend." Why? So I wouldn't kill him in my machine gun rampage. Hahahaha!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 11:15 AM

175 posts, read 750,453 times
I think I met mine. We will have been dating 1 year on the 15th of Dec. Now before you say we are still in the honeymoon stage, we are just made for each other. We both hate frosting, but love cake, we both wake up for work without an alarm (ever), we never fight (fuss a few times, but never a real fight), we are both morning people. We make each other happy, we have been completely at ease with each other since our 2nd date. On our first date, he met my parents afterwards. We even look alike, when people see pictures of us together they can't tell if he is my brother or my boyfriend. Not twins or anything but we have the same facial structure, high cheek bones, straight white teeth (neither of us had braces) light eyes, I have red hair, he has dirty blonde but red facial hair, we have the same nose shape-his is just a bigger version of mine.

I never thought it was possible either, I never even wanted to get married-very strange for a girl. I even had 2 ex I had to tell "do not ask me". What girl says that? This guy is the man for me. Seriously, when I was little dreaming about my dream guy and how he would act, my boyfriend actually does these things without me ever saying a word about it. I really believe he is the guy I have been dreaming about all those years <3

Old 12-10-2010, 11:44 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Have you ever met your soul mate?

Did you know it as soon as you saw him/her?

Did you marry him/her?

are you still with him/her?

Was it tragic?

Jonathan

I used to believe in soulmates. Then I didn't. Recently read up again on some related topics and was educated that the term "soulmate" can indeed be many people in and throughout your life. Your kids can be soulmates, your best friend can be a soulmate, it's not what I originally though about it meaning "the one"....

With that said, I've recently read that there is something that is more true to what we call a "soulmate" and that is a "twin flame". The theory is that you and your twin flame are one soul, torn apart at some point and spend eternity (or shorter time periods) searching. Some do end up finding their twin flame and some do not in THIS lifetime but perhaps another.

That is a loose translation of what I read. To answer your question though, yes I've had several soulmates and I believe in the twin flame theory because it makes a lot of sense to me.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:46 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Everyone has different connections with different people.

I may hit it off joking and laughing with someone and then a different person I come in contact with is just not into anything I say.

Is it wrong? No. Everyone is different. When you can connect on a social level with someone it is really cool.

Course, I know a guy that can hit it off with everyone. I mean everyone! People talk to him about anything and everything. Crazy. I'd be lucky if someone acknowledges I exist.

When people get to know me later on they feel comfortable with me but not at first. My close friend said when he first saw me he thought I would pull out a machine gun and kill everyone in the building. I am built, tall and have a stone face look. I guess cause I am a deep thinker. He said, "I want to be his friend." Why? So I wouldn't kill him in my machine gun rampage. Hahahaha!!!

Don't fret Funymann, we acknowledge you! We read and enjoy your posts!!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:06 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,510 times
Well, I don't do the term "soulmate" either................more so, it's the kind of LOVE that can best be described as "finding yourself in another and delighting in the recognition".
But, I think most people DO find it......I did. Nope, don't have it anymore..........(gotta hate the male ego) Don't expect to find it again, don't look, suppose I still pine for what I had.........

Old 12-10-2010, 12:18 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
My wife answer a Personal Ad I had placed in a magazine, we talked on the phone for awhile AND, when we met at a local restaurant, I knew she was my "soul mate" and "partner for life"!! How did I know this? Well, I came to the restaurant in my cowboy hat, Wrangler jeans and boots......at the time, I was involved with pro-rodeo. She showed up with a cowboy hat on, Roper brand jeans and boots......she loved country-western dancing and wanted to meet a cowboy. Later I found out she was a major fan of NFL football, loved boating/fishing and target shooting. She loved my cooking. We are still together loving all of it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships