Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I will say that the standards are STILL not the same. I can be riled, pushed, shoved, belittled and God knows whatever the hell else and............ I have to be good Johnny! That's not EQUALITY. Not hardly. With that I'll leave with some smiles!
Wrong. Women can be just as abusive as men. It's just as illegal for a woman to assault a man as it is for a man to assault a female.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:38 AM

90 posts, read 153,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Wrong. Women can be just as abusive as men. It's just as illegal for a woman to assault a man as it is for a man to assault a female.
I'd hate to come off as one(or yet another it seems) bitter man with a bad attitude... but the difference is, Men tend to get much longer prison sentences and the place we go to ain't gloryfied reform schools like women go to

But I guess that's reasonable though.

When a woman assaults a man they don't make much damage... if any at all. When a man assaults a woman, it can be near fatal.

Hitting a woman, even if it's in self defence is like hitting a kid. If a kid assaults me I just grab a hold of their arm and give a lecturing, not that I've ever needed to do that... But I'd do the same if a woman for whatever reason decided to assault me

Old 03-06-2011, 07:29 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caraibenah View Post
It seems to be feminism is not really about being equal to men but just living a life without men. I appreciate a life not depending entirely on a man but I don't understand the "no man involved" concept.

Can somebody explain this to me?
Ummm...no, it isn't. You've misinterpreted the concept entirely. Feminism is generally defined as efforts that encourage equal political, economic, and social rights and equal opportunities for women. Where in there does it say "life without a man"?

Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Thread is closed due to it dissolving into bashing of the sexes.

If you want to discuss Feminism take it to the Politic and other controversies forum

Last edited by Keeper; 03-06-2011 at 08:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships