Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 AM

90 posts, read 153,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
Shyness CAN be cute. However, there does come a point when you want him to DO SOMETHING-to take the reins a little bit, to show some initiative, some need to conquer you...SHY GUYS...DO SOMETHING!!!
Shy guys don't make the first move for a reason... They're shy! lol, if a woman wants a guy who is shy then she'll have to make the move.

Shy guys I think are more like women in the sense that they most likely won't do the pursuing, defenitley not make the first move and just generally lets the girl take the initiatives... atleast in the beggining.

I don't see why any woman would want a guy like this, Women like to be pursued... not do the pursuing.

Shyness is not an ilness that can't be cured. Shy guys just need to practise on getting rid of their shyness, it can be done and it ain't that hard... trust me I used to be shy, but I trained it away gradually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,877 times
They hit you on the playground and then run away... that right there is true love.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:41 PM

59 posts, read 104,513 times
I don't really think there's such a thing as shy men being too afraid to approach a woman. If a guy really likes a girl, BELIEVE me, he will approach her. It's in men's genes to do that; the conquest.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:43 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeerioS View Post
For all the shy men out there... what are some signs you give off if you are interested in someone?

And would you prefer the girl to just go and make the first move (if you are both interested in each other?) And how long do you wait/take to make the first move?
We'll talk to you but you have to throw us an obvious sign. Don't expect a shot in the dark stab at anything. That should be the sign of a gentleman too. I mean who wants the guy hitting on you when you go to the grocery store just trying to buy some groceries?

Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 PM

9 posts, read 96,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashie2005 View Post
I don't really think there's such a thing as shy men being too afraid to approach a woman. If a guy really likes a girl, BELIEVE me, he will approach her. It's in men's genes to do that; the conquest.

Nah, sometimes Im too afraid to approach her so I just stay back, and once I build enough confidence I "attempt" to talk to her.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,663,365 times
Eye contact, smile, look away, repeat.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:30 PM

199 posts, read 490,900 times
Both shy guys and girls don't show any signals. Your gonna have to go tell them yourself that u like them first and then ask them to see if they like u back.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:38 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,899,548 times
As I remember, "shy guys" were one of the villains you had to fight in one of the Nintendo games.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:30 PM

86 posts, read 428,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
Both shy guys and girls don't show any signals. Your gonna have to go tell them yourself that u like them first and then ask them to see if they like u back.

I think you can define me as a shy girl. But usually when I like a guy I act all extroverted and more outgoing than my usual shelf, and I try to talk to the guy as much as possible. But with this "shy guy" that Im liking right now, pretty shy, and when i try to approach him, he just mumbles and says something in a really low tone that I can bearly hear him.

I look at him when I talk to him at first, but I get so timid that I stare quickly away.. but since he is so bashfully shy, Ive noticed that I become even shyer as well... its like the battle of the "who's more awkward." ..lol

though I have to say that his body language does more of the talking than his mouth (in the sense that he tries to be close to me, or gets nervous and shakes his legs when we are sitting next to each other alot, and he keeps wiping the palms of his hands on his pants... its cute though )

Old 03-12-2011, 04:40 PM

199 posts, read 490,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeerioS View Post
I think you can define me as a shy girl. But usually when I like a guy I act all extroverted and more outgoing than my usual shelf, and I try to talk to the guy as much as possible. But with this "shy guy" that Im liking right now, pretty shy, and when i try to approach him, he just mumbles and says something in a really low tone that I can bearly hear him.

I look at him when I talk to him at first, but I get so timid that I stare quickly away.. but since he is so bashfully shy, Ive noticed that I become even shyer as well... its like the battle of the "who's more awkward." ..lol

though I have to say that his body language does more of the talking than his mouth (in the sense that he tries to be close to me, or gets nervous and shakes his legs when we are sitting next to each other alot, and he keeps wiping the palms of his hands on his pants... its cute though )
The only advice I can give you is to not wait around for signs and tell him that u how u feel about him and ask him if he feels the same way. It isn't a good idea at all to wait for signs from someone who is very shy because they don't show any signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships