Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 02:36 PM

339 posts, read 1,287,530 times

Advertisements

I made a similar thread in another section, but this also has its place in the relationship forum, and I wanted to know what some of you think about this:

Last night I was having what was a seemingly smooth date with someone. This person has been wanting to see me all week and we met for the 1st time last week. Long story short...I'm a guy too right. Well...while we're at the the club, we ended up losing each other for nearly 2 hours after we went to the bathroom.

Well, we ended up running into each other again at the bar. As he's walking along he comes to me and says, "where have you been, I been looking for you." Which I know was a lie because I called and text him twice and got no reply. Apparently, he went off to another bar and then came back. Then, I see someone walking up behind him and I say, "did you come back with him?" He tells me, "no, no"

Well, few minutes later, this person who he said he wasn't with...was all hugged around what was supposed to have been my date for tonight, saying that they're going home with each other. I was like, "okay..well he came with me and I paid for a taxi for us to come out here and my car is parked at his place". The guy began talking smack, telling me that they're going home together now and that to find me my own way back the same way I came. He was bent on stealing MY date that night!

Meanwhile, my date is just standing there not trying to mitigate the situation and just kind of looking confused as if he doesn't know who to go home with. And I'm telling him, "don't leave me out here like this after I paid for a taxi to come out here". I don't care what you 2 do, but just take me back to the parking garage (which was on the other side of downtown). I was letting him know that he's going to pay for my way back and the parking too if he chooses to run off with someone else on our date night.

So, after about 5 minutes, the club was closing and people were being ushered out. I got pissed off and was yelling at my date that I'm never going to go out with him again. Meanwhile the other guy is continuing to talk smack. I went off and began raising my voice telling both of them not to disrespect me in this club. Next thing I know, I ended up getting ushered out by security and ended up having to walk 2 miles with a group of guys/girls who happened to live near the parking garage because not a single taxi was in the area.

I have met 3 people in the bars this year that have gone 'outside' of the bar...and each and every one of them have been full of games. Here I am, trying to do good for myself, just bought a new condo and furnished it...getting my life back together, and these guys from the club are bringing me down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 02:59 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
You need to stop going to clubs and find somewhere else to meet guys. Honestly I just don't know where you would meet them so I can't help you but I do know clubs aren't the answer. Good luck!

Old 03-13-2011, 03:14 PM

550 posts, read 984,737 times
Clubs are where most sleazebags hang out, so I would find someplace else.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
I made a similar thread in another section, but this also has its place in the relationship forum, and I wanted to know what some of you think about this:

Last night I was having what was a seemingly smooth date with someone. This person has been wanting to see me all week and we met for the 1st time last week. Long story short...I'm a guy too right. Well...while we're at the the club, we ended up losing each other for nearly 2 hours after we went to the bathroom.

Well, we ended up running into each other again at the bar. As he's walking along he comes to me and says, "where have you been, I been looking for you." Which I know was a lie because I called and text him twice and got no reply. Apparently, he went off to another bar and then came back. Then, I see someone walking up behind him and I say, "did you come back with him?" He tells me, "no, no"

Well, few minutes later, this person who he said he wasn't with...was all hugged around what was supposed to have been my date for tonight, saying that they're going home with each other. I was like, "okay..well he came with me and I paid for a taxi for us to come out here and my car is parked at his place". The guy began talking smack, telling me that they're going home together now and that to find me my own way back the same way I came. He was bent on stealing MY date that night!

Meanwhile, my date is just standing there not trying to mitigate the situation and just kind of looking confused as if he doesn't know who to go home with. And I'm telling him, "don't leave me out here like this after I paid for a taxi to come out here". I don't care what you 2 do, but just take me back to the parking garage (which was on the other side of downtown). I was letting him know that he's going to pay for my way back and the parking too if he chooses to run off with someone else on our date night.

So, after about 5 minutes, the club was closing and people were being ushered out. I got pissed off and was yelling at my date that I'm never going to go out with him again. Meanwhile the other guy is continuing to talk smack. I went off and began raising my voice telling both of them not to disrespect me in this club. Next thing I know, I ended up getting ushered out by security and ended up having to walk 2 miles with a group of guys/girls who happened to live near the parking garage because not a single taxi was in the area.

I have met 3 people in the bars this year that have gone 'outside' of the bar...and each and every one of them have been full of games. Here I am, trying to do good for myself, just bought a new condo and furnished it...getting my life back together, and these guys from the club are bringing me down

If you don't want a promiscuous date, don't go to the meat market to find one. You need to find some better places to hang.

This guy was an a**hole, consider yourself lucky you are only out the price of one date to discover that.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Clubs are where most sleazebags hang out, so I would find someplace else.
LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
(This thread would probably be more appropriate for the relationship forum)

In my opinion, some people need to become more intuitive about what is really going on (especially when it involves dating/relationships/lover/sex/etc) and learn how to simply walk away. This person obviously made it clear that he wasn't interested. Walk away!
No, the person was interested until they got drunk and stupid. If the person wasn't interested...he would have broken it off at the 1st bar we went to rather than wait a couple hours into the 2nd bar.

Although I wasn't so bent to making him the jerk behave, I was going to let him know in front of all his friends that neither he or the person he came back with was not going to disrespect me in the way that they was doing.

I really don't know anywhere else to meet guys I'm sorry. Even a guy I met at the gym had a boyfriend and was trying to get with me. So my only options seem to be the clubs or online. But if I have to do without either one, I most definitely will! Loneliness equals happiness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This guy was an a**hole, consider yourself lucky you are only out the price of one date to discover that.
Hi, you must be in Utah or Colorado LOL. I'm in Colorado!

Well, I guess I can consider myself lucky. And you know what? The same way that guy treated me, he's going to treat all those other guys the same way. And I think I'm catching onto something....if a guy can come pick me up from a bar, get into my car and come home with me...then he's probably letting every other guy from the club do the same thing

Old 03-13-2011, 03:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
LOL...

No, the person was interested until they got drunk and stupid. If the person wasn't interested...he would have broken it off at the 1st bar we went to rather than wait a couple hours into the 2nd bar.

Although I wasn't so bent to making him the jerk behave, I was going to let him know in front of all his friends that neither he or the person he came back with was not going to disrespect me in the way that they was doing.

I really don't know anywhere else to meet guys I'm sorry. Even a guy I met at the gym had a boyfriend and was trying to get with me. So my only options seem to be the clubs or online. But if I have to do without either one, I most definitely will! Loneliness equals happiness...

Hi, you must be in Utah or Colorado LOL. I'm in Colorado!

Well, I guess I can consider myself lucky. And you know what? The same way that guy treated me, he's going to treat all those other guys the same way. And I think I'm catching onto something....if a guy can come pick me up from a bar, get into my car and come home with me...then he's probably letting every other guy from the club do the same thing

NOW you're thinking straight (hahahaha, no pun intended!!)

You'll be fine, don't let the jerks of the world steal your peace of mind.

Oh, and actually, the mountains I love are the Blue Ridge

Old 03-13-2011, 03:54 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,880 times
Quote:
If you don't want a promiscuous date, don't go to the meat market to find one. You need to find some better places to hang.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:

I am just getting so tired of every time I meet someone in a club, its a disappointment.

I'll talk to people in the bars who have commited to being loners and hermits and pretty much dismiss anyone who talks to them in the bar...and the only conversation they can have is how they've been hurt, and people do this and that.

I never want to be like that, but it's tempting to settle into that way because it seems to happen over and over again

Old 03-13-2011, 04:49 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, you probably furnished some cheap entertainment rather than taught people to respect you. You already knew the guy was an a-hole, but have a little dignity man.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:14 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
I am just getting so tired of every time I meet someone in a club, its a disappointment.

I'll talk to people in the bars who have commited to being loners and hermits and pretty much dismiss anyone who talks to them in the bar...and the only conversation they can have is how they've been hurt, and people do this and that.

I never want to be like that, but it's tempting to settle into that way because it seems to happen over and over again
Forget about the clubs and develop some sort of interest or pursue one you've had in the past, and just focus on meeting people in general. You know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. If you're always gonna do what you always did, you're always gonna get what you always got.

One other idea might to be to look at people who aren't in clubs and bars because drinking is a common factor there, and that might be part of the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships