Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times

Advertisements

I too believe in Serendipity! How I met my new wife of only five months, for example:

She has her MFA and is a classically-trained violinist. I'm a longtime rock & country drummer, who would've thought the "MF" in MFA sttod for something street kids say when really mad; and the closest I've ever been to a violin was when a country band I played with had a fiddler.
But in the past few years I've developed a fondness for classical music. So I decided to rent some CD's from the library. My wife was working at the library in the Entertainment Section, and I musta had that deer-in-the-headlights look when I walked in and began browsaing at all the classical cd's, with no idea of really where to start looking. She came over to help me, we went out for coffee the next day, and about 10 months later we were married.
Thing is: I was gonna blow-off the hole library trip till athe next week, but I got detoured by heavy traffic in Austin and so my trip home that day took me right by the library, so I decided to pop-in real quick and kill time why the traffic died.
See--my wife's last day working there was the next day! So had I not decided to hit the 'brary that day, because of taking a detour home, she woulda been gone from there by the time I went the next week. Most likely, then, we would have never met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 PM

343 posts, read 524,269 times
Wow, that's incredible (both op & DrummerBoy stories)!!

Gives me hope!

Always loved the word serendipity.

Best of luck to you!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am just being honest... there is NOWHERE in this world when a person first meets someone and is honest about who they really are.... they put on a totally different "face" on to make everything seem like everything is going well because they want it to go well... I think its better to do away with our false personas and be who will really are... it would save a lot of time and lot of heartache... I am positive, I always hope for the best but I put out an honest who I am persona on, if it isn't compatible then we know it right away... unfortunately, sometimes the lades pretend that the real you is okay but want to change you at a later date... I have never had a relationship where the woman didn't want to change me but I am who I am, I can't change who I am cause I will be someone else... strange enough, they changed who they were and it wasn't pretty...
NO you are never positive. I have been reading your posts tonight and not ONE post have you been positive. You're a downer here and probably a downer in life. Yes, it's always the women in your world. Keep thinking it's everyone else but you.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:02 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I too believe in Serendipity! How I met my new wife of only five months, for example:

She has her MFA and is a classically-trained violinist. I'm a longtime rock & country drummer, who would've thought the "MF" in MFA sttod for something street kids say when really mad; and the closest I've ever been to a violin was when a country band I played with had a fiddler.
But in the past few years I've developed a fondness for classical music. So I decided to rent some CD's from the library. My wife was working at the library in the Entertainment Section, and I musta had that deer-in-the-headlights look when I walked in and began browsaing at all the classical cd's, with no idea of really where to start looking. She came over to help me, we went out for coffee the next day, and about 10 months later we were married.
Thing is: I was gonna blow-off the hole library trip till athe next week, but I got detoured by heavy traffic in Austin and so my trip home that day took me right by the library, so I decided to pop-in real quick and kill time why the traffic died.
See--my wife's last day working there was the next day! So had I not decided to hit the 'brary that day, because of taking a detour home, she woulda been gone from there by the time I went the next week. Most likely, then, we would have never met.
Wow, what a story. I love it and your love story is truly serendipity!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:05 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Never is a strong word... I consider myself incredibly analytical and practical... I don't get swayed by "what we would like them to be" and live with "what they really are".... if you call that being a downer because I am being realistic then so be it... nobody in this world is perfect that's just what I believe in... the women in my world are also women in this world.... I go with Occam's Razor, the simplest explanation is usually the right explanation.... we all "hype" ourselves to the opposite sex because we want them to like us, its just normal human social behavior... doesn't matter if you are on another country or anywhere, its part of being human...

Old 03-22-2011, 09:20 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
...we all "hype" ourselves to the opposite sex because we want them to like us...
Pah. My awesomeness never requires hyping.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:38 AM

86 posts, read 96,452 times
Analytical and Practical.........there's ur problem....see I said in my second post "I'm not saying this person is my sole mate but I love what I am feeling right now".... See thats the thing Love what you are feeling at that specific moment....nobody know what the future will bring. Heck if I thought like you "Analytical and Practical" life would be boring and quite honestly sad.......I feel sad for people like you..but unfortunately we this world is full of people who think this way...Life is about living, feeling, loving, whatever happens will happen, and you know what, I am not going to try to see the future, I am going to live in the present.....and presently I am loving this feeling.....evilnewbie.....I love you...I think you need to hear that more in your life, so I'll say it again I LOVE YOU>>>see doesn't that feel good.. anyways.....with that being said DRUMMERBOY!!!! That is a beautiful story......and that my friend is Serendipity!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:09 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope1er View Post
Things happen for a reason...... I found an ol" friend and it's like we never skipped a beat!! wow, funny how things happen.....this woman is amazing! the timing is perfect.....has this happened to anyone?
YES!!! I went to high school with my sweetie...25 years later at our 25th High school reunion, we started talking again, and recently ( as in Monday) moved in together!!! GOOD lUCK AND TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF THE SECOND CHANCE!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 AM

86 posts, read 96,452 times
See we always read post about relationship problems, cheating husbands, marriages ending, divorces,crazy wives The problem is that all these relationships had a great beautiful fun exciting romantic passionate beginning!!!! Things go bad for a reason and if you can have that first feeling for you partner all the time, not forget what it felt like to get butterflies when they call, get excited when you get a text, walk around with a big grin on your face......Heck it's happening to me right now and I am going to enjoy it.....It's nice to read these kind of post once in a while!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 11:04 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,244,680 times
One of the most beautiful feelings in the world ...yes.

Live it up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships