Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:28 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Heard something tonight that I thought the guys here might find interesting. I work out frequently enough that I have a few buddies there that I am friendly with. My gym is a chain, and I go to two locations. There are a couple of gals (mother and daughter) that work out pretty much every night, and we talk about workouts and family and whatever...short chitchat. The daughter used to go to the gym nearest my house, but some dude left a note on her car one night, telling her how impressed he was with her and that he'd like to meet her. He went on to describe himself, and said for her to let him know if she was interested. Oh yeah - she is 23 and he was 50.

Now this girl is really a nice chick..softspoken, shy, cute, and strong as an ox. She can do pull-ups like no one's business, and she runs, lifts...she's amazing. She's not into the huge muscle thing, so don't think that. You'd never know she was so strong if you didn't see her working out. Her mom and I talk quite a bit, and she told me about this guy leaving the note. The daughter got a bit freaked out - she was afraid to go back in there as she knew the guy would be looking for her, and she was afraid that he might come up to her and say something, and she didn't want to hurt his feelings...so..she stopped going to that gym. Now she only goes to the other one - where her mom goes. I talked to her about it and told her she should just ignore the guy, but she said she felt so bad for him, she just didn't want to take a chance of him approaching her. We laughed about it, and that was that.

Well tonight, her mom tells me that one of the new personal trainers hit on her - chatted her up and then asked for her number. And, her being so nice and afraid to hurt people, gave him her number, knowing that she wouldn't answer the call. And you guessed...now she won't come back in to this gym either. She's joined another gym, and her mom is so disappointed as that was the main time they spent together.

I know how she feels, but I guess I'm just not quite that nice. So guys...if you get a number and then call the gal and she never answers, it just might be that she's one of these shy types that just couldn't say no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I know how she feels, but I guess I'm just not quite that nice.
I guess I'm not gonna surprise ya by saying I'm with you... What is she gonna do when she runs out of gyms or whatever establishments somebody may decide to hit on her?! Had she been a man, I'd say: grow a pair! She needs to grow something, too... a backbone or something of that nature!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Not every man spams everything with a pulse. A woman would not end up with my number without wanting it.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I guess I'm not gonna surprise ya by saying I'm with you... What is she gonna do when she runs out of gyms or whatever establishments somebody may decide to hit on her?! Had she been a man, I'd say: grow a pair! She needs to grow something, too... a backbone or something of that nature!
I know...that's exactly what I told her mom. And it's not that she can't take care of herself, she was in the military (might still be, I'm not clear on that) and still does some sort of athletic training for the Navy. I mean - the girl is no muscle-bound beast, but I guarantee she could throw most any man that tried to come at her. But I really like her...she's just such a nice girl. I'm pretty bummed that I won't see her at the gym anymore. I am kind of ticked at the trainer - they are NOT supposed to hit on clients.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:52 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,900 times
Quote:
...one of the new personal trainers hit on her - chatted her up and then asked for her number...
I wouldn't be too happy if I were the gym manager.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty bummed that I won't see her at the gym anymore. I am kind of ticked at the trainer - they are NOT supposed to hit on clients.
Tell her to savor the attention because a time will come when she'll remember it fondly and wonder where it went! This reminds me of a joke my Mom liked to make. She was saying that when she was in HS the soldiers were all so naughty and now they're such well-behaved boys.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:53 PM

817 posts, read 811,431 times
Quote:
I know...that's exactly what I told her mom. And it's not that she can't take care of herself, she was in the military (might still be, I'm not clear on that) and still does some sort of athletic training for the Navy. I mean - the girl is no muscle-bound beast, but I guarantee she could throw most any man that tried to come at her. But I really like her...she's just such a nice girl. I'm pretty bummed that I won't see her at the gym anymore. I am kind of ticked at the trainer - they are NOT supposed to hit on clients.
If that's a chain, you should report this matter to the manager on site, and report the particular trainer who was trying to hit on the clients, why didn't you do that? If the manager doesn't take action, there are ways you could take this to court legally, and make the chain answer for this particular act of inconvenience towards that customer.

It's all very simple really, I wonder why you didn't think of this, and regarding the 50 year old guy who was hitting on her, one word, call 911, the cops would take care of him, event though it might seem like a harsh advise, you gotta do it when you gotta do it.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
If that's a chain, you should report this matter to the manager on site, and report the particular trainer who was trying to hit on the clients, why didn't you do that? If the manager doesn't take action, there are ways you could take this to court legally, and make the chain answer for this particular act of inconvenience towards that customer.

It's all very simple really, I wonder why you didn't think of this, and regarding the 50 year old guy who was hitting on her, one word, call 911, the cops would take care of him, event though it might seem like a harsh advise, you gotta do it when you gotta do it.
Good grief! That's why nobody has a social life anymore! And you're not even a product of this system!

Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post

Why on earth would I? I don't even know which trainer it was, nor does the girl know that her mom told me about him. In fact, her mom told me in confidence, so it's really not my place. And there is no reason to call a cop on the older guy, good grief. He's just ignorant. Can't jail someone for that.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:02 PM

817 posts, read 811,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good grief! That's why nobody has a social life anymore! And you're not even a product of this system!
Well, now I am
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships