Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times

Advertisements

Personally, I hate drama, especially when it is displayed in public. A constant need to test your man is a sure sign of some sort of dysfunction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
I didn't read it because I'm so laid back and no drama that it wouldn't apply to me. I grew up with all males and think and act like a man most of the time.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 PM

343 posts, read 524,269 times
I don't see how articles like this are constructive. If you really care about learning how to relate to the opposite sex how can vitriolic drivel like this help?

We all have faults, some more than others. You have free reign to chose a partner. The only clear truth is why do you pick these types and what does that really say about you? It comes down to you ultimately. Ferret out the undesirables during the dating process. Toss out the bad, keep the good. Move on and grow up. Why dwell on the bad and ruin your chances by becoming bitter with diatribes?

Old 03-24-2011, 10:31 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
If it is true, it's far too sophisticated for me...
I suspect the article is baloney though. Plenty of times I've been accused by guys of being a player and I have no clue where they would get that idea since I pay no attention to any guy. Guys might just be more imaginative than they realize. They probably wish I'd play them but I'd rather ignore them.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:09 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Interesting. Like I said before, I totally don't think all women are like that but just like a lot of women think all men are dogs or douchebags, its so hard for me to find a lady that doesn't want to play mind games and when they do say "I don't play games" they usually are the ones that play the most games. Then the same women who say they don't play mind games, and I bring it up to them that they are they say something like "Well, that's how we women are!". So contradictory. However, of course there are great women out there but its so hard for me to find, it could also be because I am in NYC as of now and NYC is almost all about games, unfortunately. Sometimes I feel the area you are in can contribute to how relationships can be.
Dont think that is just a female thing. My ex stated over and over how he "didnt play games". Sometimes I think he was the one that invented mind games. He also would comment on how his sister was such a drama queen. Geeesh, I guess it takes one to know one.

I do agree that your particular area plays a part in relationship dynamics.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
I don't see how articles like this are constructive. If you really care about learning how to relate to the opposite sex how can vitriolic drivel like this help?

We all have faults, some more than others. You have free reign to chose a partner. The only clear truth is why do you pick these types and what does that really say about you? It comes down to you ultimately. Ferret out the undesirables during the dating process. Toss out the bad, keep the good. Move on and grow up. Why dwell on the bad and ruin your chances by becoming bitter with diatribes?
Well said.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:15 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
The article appears to have been written by a couple of men.....and it's about women,.....need I say more?

Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,520 times
Women are the masters of manipulatioin, and they are attracted to men that they cannot easily manipulate. If they know they can get you to say yes to all their request, without giving up anything, then they will give you nothing. There comes a point when you have to make them earn the yes's, let them know that your time is valuable, and you hate to waste it. By showing them you value your time above them,it shows that you value yourself, and they will value the time they get to spend with you. The more you give, the less you get, it comes back to the age old "nice guys finish last" thing.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Women are the masters of manipulatioin, and they are attracted to men that they cannot easily manipulate. If they know they can get you to say yes to all their request, without giving up anything, then they will give you nothing. There comes a point when you have to make them earn the yes's, let them know that your time is valuable, and you hate to waste it. By showing them you value your time above them,it shows that you value yourself, and they will value the time they get to spend with you. The more you give, the less you get, it comes back to the age old "nice guys finish last" thing.
No, only SOME women are masters of manipulation. Not all of us play that game. I don't feel a need to use "power plays" or to throw temper tantrums (ie...drama).

When you look at it properly it is obvious that drama is the same as a temper tantrum, only it is done by supposedly "mature" adults instead of by spoiled children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships