Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:55 AM

58 posts, read 228,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Why do you finance a car for him? What will you do when your insurance is cancelled and in order to buy insurance you have to pay extremely high premiums. It is not a matter of if this happens, it is a matter of when it happens, because it will happen. I realize we are only hearing one side of the story here, but from the side that is making the car payments. You are very foolish to continue this IMO. I personally would sell the car and allow him to buy his own car and pay for his own insurance. There will come a time when you can not afford to continue.
You are correct! I am well aware that this can happen. He is not the only one who drives the car, We both have full time jobs and we split the car note. I also use the car just as much as he does. The reason why I haven't added him on the insurance is very obvious, His driving record will make my premiums too high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Why do you finance a car for him? What will you do when your insurance is cancelled and in order to buy insurance you have to pay extremely high premiums. It is not a matter of if this happens, it is a matter of when it happens, because it will happen. I realize we are only hearing one side of the story here, but from the side that is making the car payments. You are very foolish to continue this IMO. I personally would sell the car and allow him to buy his own car and pay for his own insurance. There will come a time when you can not afford to continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Never mind the road rage, why on earth would you finance a car for someone who isn't your spouse? If he is a "very good provider" then why are you the one who keeps doing the financing? Why are the cars only in your name?
I never said i am financing a car for him. We share the car and we both have careers and work full time jobs. He is also a student finishing up his masters degree. The cars are only in my name because I am the one with very good credit.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie girl View Post
I never said i am financing a car for him. We share the car and we both have careers and work full time jobs. He is also a student finishing up his masters degree. The cars are only in my name because I am the one with very good credit.
You are enabling his very bad behavior and it will bring you nothing but trouble and/or grief.

I can tell you what to do, but you most likely won't do it because you're young and in love, which sometimes renders us a little stupid.

Make him get his own insurance policy on the car he drives. In addition, don't let him drive your car, ever.

The only chance he has for correcting his behavior is if something happens to make him PAY for it. So far, you haven't held him accountable.

If he had to pay the kind of high rates someone with his record will pay he MIGHT agree to reign in his immature little boy attitude.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
I would let him finance his own car without my help, never get in the car with him, have him get his own insurance and never, never let my daughter in the car with him. Something else is going on with him and it's not driving. This is the time he is the most aggressive when he drives but I think he is holding onto some type of anger or aggression and taking it out when he drives.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 AM

122 posts, read 278,736 times
Is he a good guy in all other areas? If so I wouldn't recommend leaving him for it, but I wouldn't get in the car with him, and I would make sure he only drives cars that are in his name on his insurance. On top of that you need to protect yourself financially if he gets himself killed in a car accident.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times
let him pay for his car and insurance himself and dont ride with him or let your daughter ride with him.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.

You said, "I am financing an new nissan altima that we just got in 03/2010 and 12/2010 he got into an accident and was given 3 tickets ( 1 for reckless driving).

And don't even try to tell us your child is never in the car with him.
My Child is 17 Years old and in college and she has her own car. Thank you

Old 03-26-2011, 10:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie girl View Post
Not for long....

Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
let him pay for his car and insurance himself and dont ride with him or let your daughter ride with him.

Seems simple doesn't it? And that's what everyone is advising. Wonder if she'll listen?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Seems simple doesn't it? And that's what everyone is advising. Wonder if she'll listen?
Please believe I am listening and everything that has been said has already been thought about. The good thing about this site is you can ask for advice and get a response even if it's positive or negative, And ultimately reading everyone's opinions helps you come up with your own. I will say this again in the six years that i have been in a relationship with this person and eight years knowing him, That is the ONLY complaint i have... Yes this is something that needs to be addressed and fixed ASAP, But it could be so much worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships