Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:28 AM

131 posts, read 377,016 times

Advertisements

Please define manly. Tattoos, muscles and being a sports addict for me do not mean anything . Men have different hobbies, likes and dislikes like women. Liking the library more than sports doesn't mean he is wimpy, he is just different.

How come some people equate intelligence to nerdy and wimpy guys? There are so many men out there who are smart and hot at the same time. Provided, some don't have 6 abs but I think they also have qualities that you can appreciate. Plus, I think intelligence is sexy.

Abs and muscles may be good to look at, but at the end of the day I think women look for the overall package. Personally, it would be good to date someone with all that yummy muscles hehe especially if they have the intelligence to add to it. But you rarely see the overall package anymore HAHA, so I think I'll settle for someone who treats me like a lady and would be fun to be with, smart and responsible.

If your cousin is happy with him, I hope the family supports him. That is just sad, if she will not get any support on that happy day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 04:50 AM

786 posts, read 4,733,418 times
Manly men look like Football players. My Cousins future husband is a clone of Bill Gates in every way except for the money. Is he confident in him self? As much as one would growing up looking like a NERD in a society that encourages MEN to be Manly.

Last edited by Dingler; 07-28-2007 at 06:17 AM..

Old 07-28-2007, 05:22 AM

131 posts, read 377,016 times
Well maybe he is very confident, because despite being different and being called "not manly" by the family, he is willing to marry your cousin. Just imagine the guts to ask for your cousin's hand regardless of what her family thinks?

Anyway, how about giving him a chance. The "family" can try to know him more, they might end up liking him? Your cousin's happiness is at stake, so the family should try to support her decision, its the least they can do. Besides, its not like she is marrying a murderer or rapist, he is just different from what the family defines as MANLY.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:24 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Looks aren't everything. I always went with what's inside -

Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
If that is who she loves, who is to say anything about it? The heart knows what it wants...hopefully...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:58 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Sounds like jealousy to me!!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 PM

434 posts, read 1,653,500 times
My husband is an intellectual. He has a Ph.D. in Finance. And wimpy? Well I wouldn't say wimpy, but not a "manly" man. His attitude is I make enough money to pay people to fix the things we need fixed.

I'd take my hubby over any manly man any day. He's kind, fun to have conversations with, funny, and an overall great guy.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:24 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Thanks a lot, SilverWing.......I just threw up a little .
Arnold is in his 50's....and you know what?
For his age, he looks pretty darn good to me

Old 07-28-2007, 01:34 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,492,423 times
Are you joking? This is truly your question?

What matters? Commitment, loyalty, devotion, steady decent paying job, putting the other person's feelings above your own, willing to spend time with children, etc.....Who cares if he watches Monday night football and drinks beer and talks about how hot the mud wrestlers are? In fact, I don't want THAT guy at all.

Wow, I am glad I am not in your family!

Dawn

Old 07-28-2007, 04:00 PM

219 posts, read 718,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
Yep, looks like my strategy paid off. Good thing I avoided acquiring all those overly "manly" traits. Now I can just sit back and wait for all those women to flock to me....Hmmm..... [ looks at watch while crickets chirp in the background]......
Sarcastic yet a very astute observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships