Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,987 times

Advertisements

Was just wondering, as this happened last night.

Of course the logical thing is ignore them and move along, but at the moment, you want to grill them back. It really irritates me with the lack of respect people have checking out my girl right in front of me.

What do you do when a group of guys, in my case younger thugs are in front of you looking back at you and your girl. What do you guys usually do, stare back at them, ask what they are looking at, or just ignore them, wait if they get confrontational.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,063 times
I'd just ignore them, unless they actually DO something. Then, the next step is to try to leave or move into a more public setting. The last thing you want is to get into a fight - the odds are poor.

If you really have no choice, only then fight, but the goal is always to get away as fast as possible. We are both trained in martial arts, and believe violence is always the last resort. If it comes to that though, do the maximum damage you can as fast as you can, and then run.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:49 AM

817 posts, read 810,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post

Of course the logical thing is ignore them and move along, but at the moment, you want to grill them back. It really irritates me with the lack of respect people have checking out my girl right in front of me.

What do you do when a group of guys, in my case younger thugs are in front of you looking back at you and your girl. What do you guys usually do, stare back at them, ask what they are looking at, or just ignore them, wait if they get confrontational.
Depends on where you are, I would stare back at them too, and if they are confrontational, well, there's no option but to get into a fight, hit them where it hurts most, and get to a place where there are more people, hooligans of that sort would not dare do such acts when there are lots of people.

Also, where did this happen? I find it hard to believe it could have happened in a bar, because they usually have bouncers who take care of such issues, either that or you have been to a very shady and dangerous place.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,964 times
Quote:

I'd smile at them then put my arm around her, maybe grab her ass in front of them. Shove it in their face that you get to go home with her

Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I'd smile at them then put my arm around her, maybe grab her ass in front of them. Shove it in their face that you get to go home with her
A friend and I flew to a beach in Mexico for a brief vacation. She’s quite a cutie and in pretty good shape. We were waiting for a boat that would take us to an island and some guys were checking her out and whispering to each other. I saw that and pulled her slowly towards me (my hand on her lower back) and gave the guys a nod with a half-smile and they gave me a thumb up .

Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 AM

817 posts, read 810,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You know, that could provoke them further.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,869 times
Group of guys checking out your girl what do you do?

Nothing be flattered. I get irritated with insecure guys. My issue is usually if a guy is with a girl and I am not even looking at her, yet the guy will grill me like I am. This happened just this past weekend when I was at the mall with my mom. It was her birthday and I took her out to eat and to a movie. If she wasn't with me, I would have said to the guy, you got an eye problem? No one wants your bus t asz girl so stop grilling me. Or do you got a little thing for me? If he wanted to take it further we can go outside. This is just who I am. Don't take crap from anyone and it takes a rarity to strike fear in me. I am a fighter. I am not proud of it, but I also am not ashamed of it anymore. I told my mom about what happened and I told her if she wasn't with me most likely I would have kicked that guys teeth through the back of his head. I know what your thinking another wannabe tough guy. Not the case. I just am who I am, and like I said. I am not going to apologize for it anymore. I said the same thing to my mom, but she already knows how I am. I used to play the humble card and tell people I don't like to fight, but that was all bs. Truth is we are what we are and some men (and I'll steal a quote from Rocky) just have to dump the junk in the trunk sometimes. Some guys have just so much pride and heart that they couldn't back down if they wanted to. However, having said that, I have learned to let some stuff go the older I get. Otherwise, I'd be in prison. But this guy looked like a meathead and I love beating up meatheads. They get big and think everyones afraid. Truth is most guys who work out can't fight for a lick. That's usually why they work out, because most of their life they get punked by people because deep down their sissies. They get big and think that they intimidate everyone. I know better, plus it doesn't hurt that I wrestled for many years so that's my advantage.

Having said all that. Sometimes if a guy is really grilling your girl it can go from flattering to disrespectful. As if he's not worried about you one bit. In that case, if they continue like your some punk, then maybe it's ok to say, I don't mind you thinking my women is attractive. I tend to think so as well. But you don't know me from adam and your disrespect for me is crossing the line. So maybe I'll just say thank you for looking at my girl. It was flattering, however, if you continue, you are now disrespecting me, and I don't care for being disrespected,-how would you feel? If as diplomatic as saying that doesn't get the point across in hopefully a non-confrontational way, then maybe the guy is just looking for a fight. In which I don't have no problem obliging him.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 03-29-2011 at 10:31 AM..

Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Depends on where you are, I would stare back at them too, and if they are confrontational, well, there's no option but to get into a fight, hit them where it hurts most, and get to a place where there are more people, hooligans of that sort would not dare do such acts when there are lots of people.
This sounds childish. Most men are only checking out your woman. Nothing more. If your mate is attractive, then you'll have this problem. No big deal. Like another poster said, hold her hand, pull her close or hand on lower back.

It's the same as women checking out your guy. Hand in his or pat his behind. They'll get the message. Move along ladies.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,877 times
This reminds me of a guy I dated.

We were out at a club and well guys always look, but he got so upset.. I mean who knows if they were looking at me or him haha but he assumed they were looking at me, even though I give off an air of unapproachability, so he got increasingly upset throughout the night until he confronted one of the guys in question, and things escalated... I thought it kind of endearing but since it was unnecessary I had to stop talking to him because he was crazed...

In situations like these the best thing to do is avoid them, different side of the street, different table different whatever it takes. Of course if it comes down to defending what's yours well keep a can of mace and a stun gun on you... unless you are in Texas (or any other gun toting state) then pull out the concealed and let her rip

Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:

People have eyeballs and are free to look at anything they want.

People have mouths and can say whatever they want.

People have hands and must keep them to themself.

When looking is only looking you do nothing.

When talk is only talk you do nothing.

When looking and talk becomes touching you act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships