Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:43 PM

113 posts, read 195,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Was just wondering, as this happened last night.

Of course the logical thing is ignore them and move along, but at the moment, you want to grill them back. It really irritates me with the lack of respect people have checking out my girl right in front of me.

What do you do when a group of guys, in my case younger thugs are in front of you looking back at you and your girl. What do you guys usually do, stare back at them, ask what they are looking at, or just ignore them, wait if they get confrontational.
Best thing to do is ignore them. DO NOT say anything at all, no matter how much your pride and ego may say otherwise. This isn't the 50s when people just get into a fist fight...people now will use anything they have including whatever is just laying around!

You were wise to stay calm. I would take it as an ego booster because I would then have confirmation that I have good taste in women!

I had a sarcastic, smart arse comment ready for this but maybe it wouldn't have been funny or maybe it would have been depending on your sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:46 PM

874 posts, read 1,649,785 times
I'd walk away with the girl and just ignore the guys, if possible. Otherwise, if you're muscular or know how to fight, intimidate them. Lmao.

That's rude what they did though... just ignore the creeps.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:23 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,110,874 times
Every group of guys is going to look at a pretty woman. You would if you were in a group of guys, and probably already have at some time in your life. Looking at your girl friend doesn't hurt anything, and unless you are jealous, shouldn't be a problem for you. If you are jealous, it's going to get old for your girl friend real fast. Ignore them and walk away, if they start yelling at you or following, that is a different story, you can't ignore that. But starting a fight you can't win is not smart.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:19 PM

420 posts, read 878,376 times
Nothing. Theyre doing the same as you before she met you.
If she flirts with them, your issue is with her. Not them.
They arent your girlfriend. Live longer.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:40 PM

469 posts, read 1,257,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Group of guys checking out your girl –what do you do
What kind of place/situation was this? Bar? Private house? Street?

What did your girl think/say afterwards about what happened? Did she like the attention, or was she offended?

Are you confident about your relationship with her?

About all you can really control is your reaction – be cool, not insecure.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:14 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,124,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Group of guys checking out your girl what do you do?

Nothing be flattered. I get irritated with insecure guys. My issue is usually if a guy is with a girl and I am not even looking at her, yet the guy will grill me like I am. This happened just this past weekend when I was at the mall with my mom. It was her birthday and I took her out to eat and to a movie. If she wasn't with me, I would have said to the guy, you got an eye problem? No one wants your bus t asz girl so stop grilling me. Or do you got a little thing for me? If he wanted to take it further we can go outside. This is just who I am. Don't take crap from anyone and it takes a rarity to strike fear in me. I am a fighter. I am not proud of it, but I also am not ashamed of it anymore. I told my mom about what happened and I told her if she wasn't with me most likely I would have kicked that guys teeth through the back of his head. I know what your thinking another wannabe tough guy. Not the case. I just am who I am, and like I said. I am not going to apologize for it anymore. I said the same thing to my mom, but she already knows how I am. I used to play the humble card and tell people I don't like to fight, but that was all bs. Truth is we are what we are and some men (and I'll steal a quote from Rocky) just have to dump the junk in the trunk sometimes. Some guys have just so much pride and heart that they couldn't back down if they wanted to. However, having said that, I have learned to let some stuff go the older I get. Otherwise, I'd be in prison. But this guy looked like a meathead and I love beating up meatheads. They get big and think everyones afraid. Truth is most guys who work out can't fight for a lick. That's usually why they work out, because most of their life they get punked by people because deep down their sissies. They get big and think that they intimidate everyone. I know better, plus it doesn't hurt that I wrestled for many years so that's my advantage.
Having said all that. Sometimes if a guy is really grilling your girl it can go from flattering to disrespectful. As if he's not worried about you one bit. In that case, if they continue like your some punk, then maybe it's ok to say, I don't mind you thinking my women is attractive. I tend to think so as well. But you don't know me from adam and your disrespect for me is crossing the line. So maybe I'll just say thank you for looking at my girl. It was flattering, however, if you continue, you are now disrespecting me, and I don't care for being disrespected,-how would you feel? If as diplomatic as saying that doesn't get the point across in hopefully a non-confrontational way, then maybe the guy is just looking for a fight. In which I don't have no problem obliging him.
You remind me of me in my younger years. Growing up in the inner-city, you'll always have some people that love to test you, thinking you aren't bout that life but when you're willing to get down with them on the physical tip, they'll back off. I used to get into fights for much of my childhood and of course I won all of them; many of them the perpetrator backed down. I'll whoop a dude's a$$ with the quickness. I don't care how many friends he has with him, they can get it too. It also doesn't hurt that I do boxing and am taking Wushu on my down time. Yes, the older you get you have to let some stuff go, but when push comes to shove, it's a wrap.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:35 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,556,475 times
Both my partner and I have been checked out when going out at night and we just laugh off those things. A sense of humour always comes in handy in situations that might be uncomfortable otherwise, in my opinion. Besides, it's just nothing personal when someone checks your partner out and it's totally innocuous...

Old 03-30-2011, 07:07 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,857 times
I like turning heads with my dates, but maybe that's just me. *shrug*

Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,800,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I like turning heads with my dates, but maybe that's just me. *shrug*
Nope, not just you. Some guys are secure with their manhood.

Send me to the bar to get drinks.

Go into the bar first. See how many guys try to hit on me. Then he come in and he's lucky. What a turn on.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:22 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,496,299 times
Heh heh! Takes me back about 20 years.

I had an era where I seemed to only attract and date hostesses, hot cocktail waitresses, and bar sluts. It was the 80's and girls of this genre wore what we called skirts that were "hair high." Sorry for the crude expression but I needed to make a point.

Discos and clubs were big and there were always gaggles of disappointed folks, soemtimes thugs, who would wait for hours to get in when we would be whisked around them.

I was kind of put off by comments and even catcalls and often very crude remarks. Then it dawned on me. Were were the show and they were the audience. It all made sense.

When you are out with a really hot girl dressed to impress, you are gonna get that. And the only thing to do is understand that you are Brian Green (who no one in the world knows) and your date is Megan Fox and the audience has the right to stare and even comment. If the comment is a compliment, like "nice boobs" or "I'd hit that" then your "A" move is to glance toward the speaker, smile, and lip sync "thanks" or wink confirming that you are indeed going to "hit it" later and look away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships