Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:45 PM

369 posts, read 618,174 times

Advertisements

Some women aren't interested during the first meeting but they won't do the fade out. Rather she'll play as though she is interested just to get the guy to ask her out for a real date (aka get the guy to try to begin a relationship) simply because she scores confidence points in her own mind if she can sucker the guy into being interested in her.

This is generally done by women who are in the lower middle range of self confidence vis a vis men being attracted to them. This type of woman answers an internet ad, views a man's picture, speaks with him on the phone, goes out to meet him, finds during the meeting that the man "isn't her type" or "sees some red flag" but instead of fading her attention out will instead continue to show "interest" in order for her to boost her self confidence.

How many men here have experienced this? Care to share any stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 02:51 PM

At the end of the date, this kind of woman generally will give them a vaguely promising answer if he complements her and asks to see her again such as the always "mysterious" "call me and we'll see"..........then she'll write him a typical Dear John email in the area of

"Hi Walt

I had a great time on our date and you really were a nice guy BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I didn't feel that you were my type SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (consilation prize BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING) I want to wish you a lotta luck in your future endeavors.

"Pickeeta"

Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
At the end of the date, this kind of woman generally will give them a vaguely promising answer if he complements her and asks to see her again such as the always "mysterious" "call me and we'll see"..........then she'll write him a typical Dear John email in the area of

"Hi Walt

I had a great time on our date and you really were a nice guy BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I didn't feel that you were my type SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (consilation prize BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING) I want to wish you a lotta luck in your future endeavors.

"Pickeeta"
Well...sweetie...nobody wants to hurt another person's feelings. Especially a stranger; in that case she really wouldn't know how you might react.

Sometimes "it" just isn't there. Haven't you had this happen the opposite way, too?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well...sweetie...nobody wants to hurt another person's feelings. Especially a stranger; in that case she really wouldn't know how you might react.

Sometimes "it" just isn't there. Haven't you had this happen the opposite way, too?
No, no. The point here is that the woman plays the meeting out as if she were interested in the man rather than her giving off the signals that she isn't interested. This kind of woman isn't concerned about the man's feelings, no this kind of woman I'm describing is only concerned about attracting the man enough to get him to ask her out.............it's HER feelings that she doesn't want hurt.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
No, no. The point here is that the woman plays the meeting out as if she were interested in the man rather than her giving off the signals that she isn't interested. This kind of woman isn't concerned about the man's feelings, no this kind of woman I'm describing is only concerned about attracting the man enough to get him to ask her out.............it's HER feelings that she doesn't want hurt.
No, wrong. This is from a woman, by the way. I can tell you how we feel rather than you just guessing. "This kind of woman" is just like every kind of woman. We're all trained from birth not to be mean, not to hurt someone's feelings, not to rock the boat, etc.

The smallish percentage of us that escape this conditioning are called b*tches.

So it was a tossup for this girl and she decided to just fade away. She wasn't pretending to be interested; she was being nice. Haven't you ever just acted nice toward someone even though you could tell she was into you and you weren't interested?

I feel that sometimes guys mix up "I'm being polite and friendly" with "I want to jump you".

Old 03-30-2011, 03:10 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
I agree with JerZ. You're confusing acting interested with being polite. What would you have her do? Throw a drink in his face and storm out? Best case scenario, she's not feeling a connection in person, so she makes the best of the evening and sends him the "good luck" email afterward. That's not malicious, that's dating.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:20 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
If the girl has actual interest it is easy enough to lead her to where she will accept an offer never made. Men are so poorly trained nowdays.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:49 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Some women aren't interested during the first meeting but they won't do the fade out. Rather she'll play as though she is interested just to get the guy to ask her out for a real date (aka get the guy to try to begin a relationship) simply because she scores confidence points in her own mind if she can sucker the guy into being interested in her.

This is generally done by women who are in the lower middle range of self confidence vis a vis men being attracted to them. This type of woman answers an internet ad, views a man's picture, speaks with him on the phone, goes out to meet him, finds during the meeting that the man "isn't her type" or "sees some red flag" but instead of fading her attention out will instead continue to show "interest" in order for her to boost her self confidence.

How many men here have experienced this? Care to share any stories?
A bit of advice--timeless>>>

ARTHUR:
"How to handle a woman?
There's a way," said the wise old man,
"A way known by ev'ry woman
Since the whole rigmarole began."
"Do I flatter her?" I begged him answer.
"Do I threaten or cajole or plead?
Do I brood or play the gay romancer?"
Said he, smiling: "No indeed.
How to handle a woman?
Mark me well, I will tell you, sir:
The way to handle a woman
Is to love her...simply love her...
Merely love her...love her...love

Old 03-30-2011, 04:04 PM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
A bit of advice--timeless>>>

ARTHUR:
"How to handle a woman?
There's a way," said the wise old man,
"A way known by ev'ry woman
Since the whole rigmarole began."
"Do I flatter her?" I begged him answer.
"Do I threaten or cajole or plead?
Do I brood or play the gay romancer?"
Said he, smiling: "No indeed.
How to handle a woman?
Mark me well, I will tell you, sir:
The way to handle a woman
Is to love her...simply love her...
Merely love her...love her...love
Hahaha, that only works in fairy tales! Oh, that was a fairy tail!

Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Hahaha, that only works in fairy tales! Oh, that was a fairy tail!
Agreed. To pledge love is to kill any possible chances with a girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships