Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Do you like anything about him?

If not - just go find yourself an atheist.
Of course I like things about him. It's all very new and I'm still getting to know him but off the bat: he's attractive, intelligent (it would seem, when he isn't saying the "spirit" is the answer to all, I kid a little but seriously it's like that), wants something serious, and can speak on other things other than religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
I'm reminded of one group I had all but forgotten.
The religious zealots.

What can you expect with a religious fanatic? I mean its kind of weird to hear, from a suitor, "gawd this" and "lord that" and "jebus" for everything! He's already inviting me to church revivals and the like.

I take my religion to the heart..No I dont practice it at this time, I do believe in it. I wont go to any other church except to a wedding or a funeral. I wont shove it down someone throat. Ive only dated one man who was the same religion as me. Some people are shocked of my religious beliefs and personal beliefs because of my outgoing ways, they often tell me WOW..I thought you were the opposite.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 PM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
"Religiously overbearing" is a type of person. Even my brother's wife's kids call her that because (and I've found this out for myself about her) anything a perons talks to her about, she has to bring religion into it. I asked her one time "why do you do that?" and she answerd me "just the way I am."
I'm religious, but, like my wife, don't have to bring religion up in every conversation I have with someone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I don't believe in types.

Too many times have people admitted to me they had assigned me to a "personality type" to learn later there's much more to me than that. I actually like to think I have a wide array of interests that prevent me from being lumped into a "type".

Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
Keep dating him, it will make an interesting story for the rest of us.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:19 PM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Yea, perhaps he will end up converting her to the way he is and THEN she won't have to complain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
Keep dating him, it will make an interesting story for the rest of us.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:21 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Yea, perhaps he will end up converting her to the way he is and THEN she won't have to complain!
he/she.... does it really matter?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
he/she.... does it really matter?
It most certainly does... in some regards

The strange thing is that it really is an anomaly to find an extremely religious homosexual... lucky me. ?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Well most zealots like to shun the very appearance of evil and avoid touching the unclean thing. He couldn't be all that religious by going after a heathen, unbeliever or someone not of the same faith.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I'm religious, but, like my wife, don't have to bring religion up in every conversation I have with someone!
Thank you! That is the thing with this guy... every conversation he injects something about religion.
I told him about a coding project and he was like... you'll finish the project on time if the lord blesses. [I was like dude I'm just trying to shoot the breeze with you.]
How are you? God has blesssed me. [Uhm blessed you with meningitis or what iono?]
What are you doing later tonight? Going to church.
Do you want to go to a salsa concert next week? I'll go because I know I'm annointed. [Uhm ok]

And every so often a random out burst of thank you jesus and I've been blessed.... sure I know I'm a catch but come'on heh
I'm like dude chill just relax.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:43 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Thank you! That is the thing with this guy... every conversation he injects something about religion.
I told him about a coding project and he was like... you'll finish the project on time if the lord blesses. [I was like dude I'm just trying to shoot the breeze with you.]
How are you? God has blesssed me. [Uhm blessed you with meningitis or what iono?]
What are you doing later tonight? Going to church.
Do you want to go to a salsa concert next week? I'll go because I know I'm annointed. [Uhm ok]

And every so often a random out burst of thank you jesus and I've been blessed.... sure I know I'm a catch but come'on heh
I'm like dude chill just relax.
People who display such zealotry towards their religious convictions are normally recent converts. It's somewhat normal for recent converts to wear their religion on their public sleeves. This is an attempt at attracting attention and make a go at "winning souls for the Lord," or at least getting souls to attend their church.

For many, the outward displays of religiosity tends to wane and dissipate as time passes. But, it could be quite some time before that happens. Nonetheless, life's realities have a way of opening eyes and taming zealous hearts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships