Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:00 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda781 View Post
For guys:
What is too high of a number of past sexual partners for a girl you may be interested in perusing a relationship with? Is there some sort of mental cut off point?

What is considered a slutty #, versus a girl whose experienced, vs a "good" girl?

What is the desired number?
My number is and will always be two.

The person I'm dating and the guy before him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
It just takes 2 to tango, why should u tell ur current partner about ur previous dances??? Most guys don't give a rip (I think anyway). ???

Old 03-31-2011, 12:10 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
My number is and will always be two.

The person I'm dating and the guy before him.
Pardon the snide remark, but I can't help myself: Does that make you TWO-faced?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM

67 posts, read 121,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Do you believe in partners getting tested for STD's? Using your logic, you wouldn't because you think people don't deserve to know about their partner's past
Well, no, if we're going to be logical, STD testing is about the present. A test for chlamydia or gonorrhea won't tell me if my partner has EVER had it, only if he has it now. HIV, HPV and herpes are of course past/present cases, so I will agree with you, somewhat, here.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:17 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Pardon the snide remark, but I can't help myself: Does that make you TWO-faced?
Yes indeed. Two.

On occasion I have said, I'm a virgin.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:23 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Yes indeed. Two.

On occasion I have said, I'm a virgin.
As far as I'm concerned there's not single human being on the planet who can be trusted to honestly answer this question in person. That's why I stopped asking. Everyone always modifies their answer to suit the situation or to escape judgement. If you were with someone who really accepted you for who you are, why would you feel compelled to lie about it?

Sorry, I don't want to get on a soapbox or anything here, but I'm an open/honest person and it bothers me when A: people intentionally lie about things and B: people pass knee-jerk judgements based on things like someone else's "number".

Did I just contradict myself? Crap, see what happens when I get all riled up? I need a nap . . .

Old 03-31-2011, 12:32 PM

67 posts, read 121,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
As far as I'm concerned there's not single human being on the planet who can be trusted to honestly answer this question in person. That's why I stopped asking. Everyone always modifies their answer to suit the situation or to escape judgement. If you were with someone who really accepted you for who you are, why would you feel compelled to lie about it?

Sorry, I don't want to get on a soapbox or anything here, but I'm an open/honest person and it bothers me when A: people intentionally lie about things and B: people pass knee-jerk judgements based on things like someone else's "number".

Did I just contradict myself? Crap, see what happens when I get all riled up? I need a nap . . .
I always answer this question honestly! "It's none of your business, and it's only our second date!"

Old 03-31-2011, 01:41 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post

Haha - Caught yourself! Not a single human being who would tell the truth about it? Does that mean you have lied about it? I have never lied about it. So if you haven't lied about it, that makes at least two of us.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:58 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda781 View Post
For guys:
What is too high of a number of past sexual partners for a girl you may be interested in perusing a relationship with? Is there some sort of mental cut off point?

What is considered a slutty #, versus a girl whose experienced, vs a "good" girl?

What is the desired number?
I do not see this a point to consider today. Women and men have the same right to bed anytime they want and as many as they want. So if a woman is considered a **** after whatever number so is the guy.

Also whatever the woman did before dating the present guy is past and the same about him. They are starting a new relationship and they go from there.

So a girl is "good" based on how many sex partners she had? Not on her character? Interesting, take care.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
So you're saying men don't deserve to know?
And vice versa. The past is the past, what matters is the present, and whether the two of you have a future.

Of course, even the importance of the latter is questionable, according to some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships