Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:41 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wait a minute, you asked 70 MEN for their opinion on this sex basket? 70? That must have been titillating for almost every one of them.

Lady, you need some boundaries.

I am very close and open with my daughter and her BF about sex--and by sex I mean birth control and condoms! Not technique or toys. I brought about 100 varieties of condoms back from the International AIDS conference last summer and gave them to my daughter's BF. I did not show him how to use them.

Were you the one who taught your son the proper way to masturbate as well? Jesus god.

Hey she coulda said 69 men!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,396,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
What? If you don't have an open relationship with your kids thats your biz.
I don't have kids. This is an opinion of "the kid".

Quote:
maybe you go around acting like sex is wrong.
I don't think sex is wrong. As long as it's between two consenting adults, that is.

Quote:
I have lots of male friends and not one of them they didn't like it they in fact said they would think it was cool if their mom gave them one.
Well, you got me on this one. I don't know 70 men well enough to ask them if they'd like to receive sex toys as a gift from Mama.

Quote:
So if this helps them keep the romance in the right direction so be it
What keeps romance in the right direction in my household is keeping any reminder of Mama out of the bedroom. I'll buy my own, thankyaverymuch.

Quote:
This isn't the 50's time for you to get out of the dark ages.
All I know of the 50's, I learned from reading history books and watching movies. I was born a couple decades later.

Quote:
I know they need a push in the romance dept.
So offer to keep your grandchild at your house one weekend so they can enjoy their own home alone. This would give them an opportunity to "christian" any and all rooms they want.

Quote:
So your comment about being trashy is for the prudes, so I'll ignore it.
Nope, I'm not a prude. I just have a hint of refinement and a pinch of class.

But hey...if you think they will appreciate it and her mom thinks they will appreciate it, go for it.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:57 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
What I guess I don't understand, Jeep, is if you got the blessing of 70 men coworkers at your work (any women?) and the mother of your son's gf about the sex basket, why are you posting on here on getting our opinions? Obviously, you've already gotten the sex basket items and maybe even given to them already. Are you posting this to come off as a hip, sexy mama. I don't get any of your posts.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
Quote:
If you have any ideas what else I should put in the basket let me know.

My son and his gf, and their baby finally gotten their own place, So I decided to make them an erotic sex basket, with lotions, silk scarves, edible panties, sex coupons for couples, champagne, wine glasses, candles, chocolate, and condoms..lol..
Yes - put in something else entirely!!

There's really no need for a sex basket for your kid - it's not appropriate, cool or even funny (well not in a laughing WITH you kind of way).

It sounds like you are trying to be a 'hip, cool Mom'. In my opinion a sex basket does not convey hip or cool, but instead strange and awkward.

I am no prude and have a great relationship with my Mom, but I would be beyond skeeved if she gave me a sex basket. Ugh!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,250,128 times
The 'sex basket' kinda sounds like more of a bachelorette party gift... meant as a fun joke amongst the ladies.

I think the intention of the basket is lost if there is no party and it's given to them on just any night of the week, at random...by only the mother.

There is a time & place for everything, I think that's why it seems a bit inappropriate.

But hey, it's not my family...so...whatever's clever! Would love to hear an update on this story afterwards!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:23 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
The 'sex basket' kinda sounds like more of a bachelorette party gift... meant as a fun joke amongst the ladies.

I think the intention of the basket is lost if there is no party and it's given to them on just any night of the week, at random...by only the mother.

There is a time & place for everything, I think that's why it seems a bit inappropriate.

But hey, it's not my family...so...whatever's clever! Would love to hear an update on this story afterwards!
We would've D, but you guys ran her off.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,475,416 times
Oh, she'll be back to give some of us a tongue-lashing on how prudish we are. Wait and see, she'll be back.....

Old 04-05-2011, 11:34 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Oh, she'll be back to give some of us a tongue-lashing on how prudish we are. Wait and see, she'll be back.....
Of course. She's probably busy asking for her ex BF's opinion.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
If you have any ideas what else I should put in the basket let me know.

My son and his gf, and their baby finally gotten their own place, So I decided to make them an erotic sex basket, with lotions, silk scarves, edible panties, sex coupons for couples, champagne, wine glasses, candles, chocolate, and condoms..lol..
So, they finally can afford thier own place and have a baby....and you are getting them this?

Besides the "ewwwww" factor, which is considerable, why not just get them a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond or Babies R Us so they can get something they actually need?

Old 04-05-2011, 11:46 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,868 times
That sounds like something friends of your son's S/O would do...for a bachelorette party! While your intentions mean well, I would probably go a basket filled with household products (since them might need some of them) or redeemable "Grandma babysitting" coupons as a teaser!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships