Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:34 PM

525 posts, read 1,555,931 times

Advertisements

I hate it. I think its one of the reasons why I don't have any true friends. All I know is how to talk about myself and inept at carrying on a good conversation. My social skills have always sucked. Never had a real date in my life. I see myself as a loser and ugly. When I talk about myself all the time, I feel like a narccist. I dislike asking people questions about themselves because I don't want to come off being intrusive or when I've done it in the past it was just a brief response like yeah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
If you are an adult why haven't you gone to the library to check out books and self-help DVDs on how to improve your self? You are not impoverished or under 12 are you?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:38 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
I hate it. I think its one of the reasons why I don't have any true friends. All I know is how to talk about myself and inept at carrying on a good conversation. My social skills have always sucked. Never had a real date in my life. I see myself as a loser and ugly. When I talk about myself all the time, I feel like a narccist. I dislike asking people questions about themselves because I don't want to come off being intrusive or when I've done it in the past it was just a brief response like yeah
Well you sure won't improve your skills by endlessly posting threads on CD.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:39 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Ok, you are doing it again.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
If you are an adult why haven't you gone to the library to check out books and self-help DVDs on how to improve your self? You are not impoverished or under 12 are you?
Tried that, didn't help. It seems like I'm the one that always has to try to start a conversation and its one-sided with me doing the talking. So, it feels many times I'm just talking to myself because I don't get much of a response when talking to another person

Old 06-26-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Ok, you are doing it again.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
Either be nice or don't post in my threads

Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCountrycm View Post
Tried that, didn't help. It seems like I'm the one that always has to try to start a conversation and its one-sided with me doing the talking. So, it feels many times I'm just talking to myself because I don't get much of a response when talking to another person
Try talking with tv guy. He's in the market for both a newfriend, and new date.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:50 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,549,801 times
Take an interest in other people. Speak little, listen a lot and ask questions about them. The fact you think you talk too much about yourself is a great start.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Take an interest in other people. Speak little, listen a lot and ask questions about them. The fact you think you talk too much about yourself is a great start.
That's the idea. Pick up on whatever the persons do say about themselves and show interest by asking follow up questions. Something like "I've always been interested in ........too, but never tried it. What do you like most about it?" or "how did you get started in it?

Just stay away from really personal questions until they volunteer something
personal.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 PM

530 posts, read 780,264 times
Ok, let me get this straight.

You're saying you suck, you're inept, can't talk, are ugly, and a loser. Oh yeah, and never had a real date.

I'll just address the loser part, because I know that you are not one. You're a winner. Winners search for answers, and that's exactly what you're trying to do now. They may cry, they may get frustrated, but that won't shame them, or stop them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships