Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:00 AM

222 posts, read 419,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
but re: your situation here. sounds like a plan. have fun! if it was my first day at work, i would totally appreciate a cute guy helping me out.
Who said he was cute?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 08:22 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Please do not expose yourself to a harassment complaint. LEAVE HER ALONE.
So the guy cant even think about approaching her without thinking its harrasment? Besides its only harrasment if she doesnt like him (just the way it is), if she's feeling him then its all good

Old 04-13-2011, 09:49 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samusaran253 View Post
There's this new girl at my work, I met her today. She's really hot and the only attractive (and young) girl at my work. Pretty much everyone else is an old lady in their 30s or older. Well, we talked earlier today for a bit, she was here filling out her forms and stuff to work here and I'm fairly certain she starts working tomorrow. She's really nice and so far I'm the only person there she has talked to (excluding our supervisor). Well we work in a job where it's kind of complicated as to what to do, and so I'm thinking about helping her on her first day, showing her how to do things and teaching her the rules and stuff.

I'm just going to be friendly and not like flirty or anything, how does that sound? I'd especially like a girl's opinion, how would you feel if a male co-worker was being friendly and helping you out on your first day of work? Also, I'm thinking about maybe buying her a coffee for her on her first day, does that sound like a good idea too? Please reply
Just treat her like a living, breathing co-worker, not a life support system for a pair of boobs.

And DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT...buy her coffee, a doughnut, or anything else. What? Are you an idiot? She's going to be on her guard for exactly that kind of stuff. Here she is trying to make a good first impression and you're already hitting on her? What on earth makes you think she's going to be receptive, even if she likes the cut of your jib?

Be helpful. Be friendly. But don't loiter around her workstation, awed by her transcendent beauty. Women can detect that kind of nonsense in an instant. And always proceed with serious caution before dating a co-worker of any description. Unless she is your soulmate for life, unless the bonds that attract you two are obvious, I'd hold off. Because if an office romance goes bust, it does more than make the two of you miserable. It could potentially ruin both of your careers.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:08 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
So the guy cant even think about approaching her without thinking its harrasment? Besides its only harrasment if she doesnt like him (just the way it is), if she's feeling him then its all good
Say he approaches her and she refuses to go out with him. Anything after that it is harrassment.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Say he approaches her and she refuses to go out with him. Anything after that it is harrassment.
fair enough, but it seemed like in your post that you already assumed this would be the outcome without him doing anything

Old 04-13-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
fair enough, but it seemed like in your post that you already assumed this would be the outcome without him doing anything
JMO, as a female I have been harrased in more than one occasion and it has been never funny.

Maybe this is not that situation. Hopefully

Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
JMO, as a female I have been harrased in more than one occasion and it has been never funny.

Maybe this is not that situation. Hopefully
you must be hot...oh wait am i harrassing you?...lol..j/k

Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
you must be hot...oh wait am i harrassing you?...lol..j/k
I am not hot. You can say I am exotic (racially) and some not that smart people believe women from my etnicity are "wild in bed"

Saying "you are hot" is not harrassing.

Harrassment is if you see me not making an effort to be friends with you, and you keep staring at me, breathing really hard on my presence, following me around, trying to smell me, etc. for months!!!! Specially in a job situation.

But just saying you are hot is not harrassment (I am not, trust me. )

Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:
I am not hot. You can say I am exotic (racially) and some not that smart people believe women from my etnicity are "wild in bed"

Saying "you are hot" is not harrassing.

Harrassment is if you see me not making an effort to be friends with you, and you keep staring at me, breathing really hard on my presence, following me around, trying to smell me, etc. for months!!!! Specially in a job situation.

But just saying you are hot is not harrassment (I am not, trust me. )
Too funny...

Old 04-13-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Too funny...
This guy will come after me at the kitchen in my prev job and he would LITERALLY SMELL ME.

I do not know how else to put it, he would make a point to SMELL me every morning and then just whisper "HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

UGH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships