Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 03:20 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I lived in AZ and I know precisely where this town is. Obviously, you don't have a jeep or sense of adventure, or you would have traveled the dirt paths around Why, and you would have discovered one-time suburbs of that town: Who, What, Where, When & Which. Or? Perhaps Where was the major city at that time, and Why was a suburb.

I know, from reading the history of that area, when these towns were slowly disappearing, there was a movement to consolidate these towns into one, consolidate the police, fire dept.'s, city councils, but they argued and argued and argued for years and could never come to a consensus. What would be the name of this consolidated metropolis?

Which, at that time, had the majority of the population, but the residents of Who, What, Where, When & Why were fearful people would mistake the word Which for Witch. Fight, fight, fight, and then they all disappeared!

So there! Why did I have to give this AZ history lesson to an AZ resident! Why! Why!
Maybe they could of forgotten What, Where, When, and Why and instead gone for Why, Em, See, Ay!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:27 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Today is April 22, (We have two celebrations)National Jelly Bean Day

Many experts believe this candy dates back to biblical times. While that length of time was interesting to me, I was more fascinated with the fact there are Jelly Bean 'experts' and, curious as to just, exactly, where and how does one get a degree in Jelly Beaniology?

They made their first advertised appearance in the 1800s when they were sent to the soldiers in the Civil War. But it wasn't until the 1930's they became a part of Easter traditions. Their egg shape was viewed as sign of spring and fertility, much like the egg.
Many of us are much like the jelly bean, a candy with a firm outter shell and soft in the middle,and sometimes we need to be nibbled at a little to get past our own hard shells to get to our softer middle.

April 22 is also "Earth Day"

This day was first officially recognized in 1970. It brings awareness to the condition of the earth, sky, water and people. Recycling becomes a popular concept on Earth Day and is indicated by this universal symbol around the world.

The symbol actually has a name - it's a mobius - a never ending loop. This symbol can come to represent many things in life on everyday, not just Earth Day, such as continually using something (or someone) over and over and over and also everything we put forth eventually comes back to us. Even if you do change your address.

People are prompted to go out and plant something - a tree, a bush, greenery of some sort, in honor of this day. Whatever your 'seed' of choice is go forth and plant. But remember, whatever you plant will come back to you ten-fold.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
It's also Good Friday.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's also Good Friday.
Religion Julia, religion.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 AM

My kids have the day off. I can talk about it if I want to. Right now they are fighting over Monopoly and who gets to be the shoe.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:32 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Maybe they could of forgotten What, Where, When, and Why and instead gone for Why, Em, See, Ay!
What a shame! All these towns had big, big plans for expansion one day, each having an exclusive gated community to be called, as you'd expect: Wherever, Whenever, Whoever, Whichever, Whatever and Why-Ah-Why!

Old 04-22-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
My kids have the day off. I can talk about it if I want to. Right now they are fighting over Monopoly and who gets to be the shoe.
I have an original Monopoly Game from the 1970's when Parker Brothers took over mass producing them and it has never been played with, the shoe, hat, thimble and all are still sealed in the bag and the money seals were never broken. I wonder how much it's worth. Probably nothing.

I just looked something up on Monopoly and found this interesting.

In 1941, theBritish Secret Service had John Waddington Ltd., the licensed manufacturer of the game outside the U.S., create a special edition for World War II prisoners of war held by the Nazis. Hidden inside these games were maps, compasses, real money, and other objects useful for escaping. They were distributed to prisoners by secret service-created fake charity groups.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 AM

Our Monopoly game is on the Xbox. I like it because I don't find Monopoly money all over the house. I just realized that the game does not have a thimble token. Maybe kids nowadays don't know what a thimble is.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Our Monopoly game is on the Xbox. I like it because I don't find Monopoly money all over the house. I just realized that the game does not have a thimble token. Maybe kids nowadays don't know what a thimble is.
I know they changed the tokens, which is why I wonder if the sealed bag of the original tokens and I wonder if those alone are worth anything. Will have to investigate this matter further.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 AM

To completely change the subject, I saw a male and female mallard on a lawn near my son's school. The female took off with the drake after her ... I thought of what you told me. But there was only one male so maybe they were mates.

Cute ducky picture time.

YouTube - Snoring Duck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships