Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times

Advertisements

I made the mistake of putting my photo on my profile years ago, I learned my lesson. I can't understand why people still do it on here.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
What was the "mistake"?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
What was the "mistake"?
I'm thinkin maybe her inbox here was filled with messages from horny CD members wanting to "chat sometime." lol

Old 04-26-2011, 10:23 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I'm thinkin maybe her inbox here was filled with messages from horny CD members wanting to "chat sometime." lol
That, and malicious stalkers who copy and paste your photo to be posted elsewhere. All it takes is for one jaded member to get a wild hair up their box and next thing you know your images are being used in ways you can never imagine. That's why my profile is set to private for friends only. Even then, it's still a risk.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
What was the "mistake"?
Yes to above, Zoom and Coolhand.

Where should I start. At first, when I started on here 5 years ago, it seemed pretty safe, I actually had a great time with a few fellow veteran posters with all of our photos, we photoshopped them like crazy and had a great time started some really funny threads, that was all good, I miss those days.

The "compliments" from posters is alright, as long as it's nice and clean, it wasn't what I was looking for though, I was simply just sharing my photo. I never posted any revealing photos or photos of me with "slutty" attire on. My photos were one of a black and white headshot, a photo of me and my friend, one or two of me and my husband and one of me and my son.

Harmless right? No, then my inbox started filling up with naked pictures of men, pics of men "finishing" themselves off, endless come ons, and stalkers, one guy still sends me crap even though I've reported him a dozen times, he can't take no for an answer. Then as Coolhand said, you never know where your photo will end up on the internet.

All it takes is a right click and a save on your photo and it's out there forever. It may be fun to fish for compliments on here , but I would advise against it.

So everyone can take their picture down except for Coolhand

Old 04-26-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
What do I look like? From what a lot of people tell me (including the wife), I look like this guy with a bit of Anderson Cooper thrown in:
Feel free to inbox me the real photo

Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I've shown all the CD freaks my picture before.
And quite a wonderful sight it is.........

Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Yes to above, Zoom and Coolhand.

Where should I start. At first, when I started on here 5 years ago, it seemed pretty safe, I actually had a great time with a few fellow veteran posters with all of our photos, we photoshopped them like crazy and had a great time started some really funny threads, that was all good, I miss those days.

The "compliments" from posters is alright, as long as it's nice and clean, it wasn't what I was looking for though, I was simply just sharing my photo. I never posted any revealing photos or photos of me with "slutty" attire on. My photos were one of a black and white headshot, a photo of me and my friend, one or two of me and my husband and one of me and my son.

Harmless right? No, then my inbox started filling up with naked pictures of men, pics of men "finishing" themselves off, endless come ons, and stalkers, one guy still sends me crap even though I've reported him a dozen times, he can't take no for an answer. Then as Coolhand said, you never know where your photo will end up on the internet.

All it takes is a right click and a save on your photo and it's out there forever. It may be fun to fish for compliments on here , but I would advise against it.

So everyone can take their picture down except for Coolhand
Oh my god! Luckily I've never been the recipient of sketchy photos in my inbox, but that's creepy! I never knew such people existed on CD. In the 4 or so years I've been here, I've never encountered any creepy people.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I made the mistake of putting my photo on my profile years ago, I learned my lesson. I can't understand why people still do it on here.
I know. People like me went bonkers and things ain't been right since...........

Old 04-26-2011, 11:18 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
yeah well she just made me take my photo off of here after reading what happened , yuck . that is creepy . Oh well my photo is no longer on my profile .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships