Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present Exhibit A. ^^^^

TV, I don't rag on you a tenth as much as others on C-D have, but I'll be honest and say that the way you describe your dating scenarios on here makes you come across as a bit wet behind the ears in terms of social graces. And if you aren't, then you make bad choices about who you ask out--which is no one's fault but yours.

I just find it WEIRD that a woman would go on a dating site and state a laundry list of what she wants in a man like she is the only female on the site-LOL

That's why I usually reply-"You trippin baby"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,550,211 times
With all the horror stories I have heard, I don't blame these men for feeling the need to spell it out. But I agree, no need to whine about past relationships in your profile. Get over it and don't date until you do.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:39 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I just find it WEIRD that a woman would go on a dating site and state a laundry list of what she wants in a man like she is the only female on the site-LOL

That's why I usually reply-"You trippin baby"

Men do that, too. I remember seeing a profile for this one guy who said he only wanted women who were a size 2 or size 4 at the most. He had a thing for the word "callipygian."

Okay, so he liked petite women with nice butts.

BUT, he also had a height requirement. The woman had to be 5'7" or taller.

And no more than 115 to 120 pounds.

That's what I mean by ignorant about women.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:51 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Funniest thing i know about the dating sites (looking through match.com and 2 others a while back and decided it wasn't worth the cash...) is that there aren't any different women; every single ones goes by the same crap that basically looks like this in one form or another:

"Hello! I am a down to earth, easy going woman who likes to go shopping, hang with my girlfriends and travel.
I want a guy who:
*Is a millionare,
*With a highstatus occupation,
*Have the body of a greek god,
*Would be a perfect dad
*Have the social skills of Oprah Winfrey
*Who can take me out to see the world
*Who will treat me like a princess"
Hey, if they're going to lose touch with reality, might as well wish big.

When you see stuff like that, you shouldn't read it as "fulfill all this stuff or GTFO" but rather as, "this is what I ideally want, although I will settle for less. P.S. -- I have poor social skills"

P.S. -- as a guy, doing things like this is even worse. Girls at least have the cover of trying to deter some of the messages they get. As a guy, you're going to be doing most of the approaching in any venue, online or off, so why alienate people by posting desires/requirements? Just don't message the ones you don't want.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
BUT--and there is always a "but"--I have never seen so much bitterness, anger, sexism, and utter ignorance about women amassed in one public space as I have seen on C-D. Lots of good guys here, but ye gods, the man-children threaten to overpower them just by sheer number.
LOL.....stick around, we have some lovely ladies here.

You do realize the OPs last BF was a drug dealing parolee that lived at home and stole from her right?

2-way street.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Men do that, too. I remember seeing a profile for this one guy who said he only wanted women who were a size 2 or size 4 at the most. He had a thing for the word "callipygian."

Those darn men! Reminds me of the gals I know that ONLY date >6feet tall. lol

Seriously, people on this forum are just crazy.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:44 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Quote:

It's always funny how these threads turn into a battle of the sexes. One gender accuses the other of something (in this case being shallow) without mentioning that both genders are RIDICULOUSLY guilty of it.

Everyone's shallow to a certain degree. I wouldn't date Fran Drescher no matter how great a personality she had.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
It's always funny how these threads turn into a battle of the sexes. One gender accuses the other of something (in this case being shallow) without mentioning that both genders are RIDICULOUSLY guilty of it.

Everyone's shallow to a certain degree. I wouldn't date Fran Drescher no matter how great a personality she had.
I don't think Yvette was accusing guys in general of being shallow (correct me if I'm wrong, Y) but being unrealistic. It's more of the idea that many men don't know how much women weigh, and thus think every woman who weighs more than 120 lbs is morbidly obese. A 5'9" woman weighing 115, for example, isn't impossible or necessarily unhealthy, but she'd be very thin. Generally, taller women are going to weigh more.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:28 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think Yvette was accusing guys in general of being shallow (correct me if I'm wrong, Y) but being unrealistic. It's more of the idea that many men don't know how much women weigh, and thus think every woman who weighs more than 120 lbs is morbidly obese. A 5'9" woman weighing 115, for example, isn't impossible or necessarily unhealthy, but she'd be very thin. Generally, taller women are going to weigh more.
Well if a guy goes on a dating site and asks a woman her weight then that's probably a guy to be avoided. I always thought that was a rude question

Both genders have unrealistic expectations. As a "regular" guy (no six pack, average height, etc etc) I've experienced this first hand with many women. I've also been friends with many average women that have experienced the same thing. It seems like dating sites really streamline rejection of average people. Many users are tempted to think that just one more click will get them someone slightly smarter, more adventurous, taller or prettier/more handsome. Here and there you'll get a little interest but even online dating can be tough without embellishing the traits that cater to superficiality. That's just how dating is in general I suppose, no different in the online world.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 AM

525 posts, read 1,555,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LOL.....stick around, we have some lovely ladies here.

You do realize the OPs last BF was a drug dealing parolee that lived at home and stole from her right?

2-way street.
He was NOT. liar. that's not true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships