Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 07:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmorrison75 View Post
So men get bald and have a tire around their middle as they age, but nothing happens to women? Sorry honey, but you are trying hard, maybe even a little too hard, to make the case that you aren't past your prime. So much for being emotionally capable to cope with aging.
I think I have clearly stated in my previous argument that both genders go through a similar aging process (physically and financially, if not emotionally). The fact of the matter is that more men suffer from the aging process. This fact contradicts the value argument. Now, remember that it is you who is making the value argument, not me. I'm simply telling you that you're wrong and why- with evidence. As far as me being past my prime or not goes, that is irrelevant, as I am not a member of your cohort (the relationship challenged).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 07:42 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Good for you, but the entire argument is not whether women are happier in their 40's or 20's, but whether they have greater market power in the dating scene. It seems only women who are 40+ argue that the market power is unchanged or better, and that's quite disingenuous if you ask me and sounds more like sour grapes and the inability to come to grip with the reality that you need more than your looks (and the time your looks afford you) to not only catch a man, but keep him for any length of time.
Your going to have your opinion, based upon no quantifiable data, no matter what. The good thing is that your opinion doesn't change the reality of the women you have the opinions of. /shrug

You could talk forever, and our lives remain unchanged. I have no sour grapes, honestly, if a guy wants to date younger that's his right. I have dated younger too. My right, and his right.

If I felt for a second that any guy only wanted me for my looks, I would dump him in a second. I am more than a sum of my looks. Inability to come to grips with that concept? Are you kidding me?! I have always felt that good looks were a blessing with an expiration date. And that people have an obligation to become more than a genetic anomaly. I can quickly filter out any guy that hit on me for looks alone. And surprisingly, there are many guys that are deeper than stereotypes would lead us to believe.

If you're not one of those guys, I have no problem with that.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:49 PM

28 posts, read 25,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'm glad you are having an easier time of it. What I'm telling you guys, which is contrary to the deep desires that "women will get theirs!" mantra, is that the ease does not dissipate. Sorry to disappoint. As far as the availability of men who are not married at 35 (why anyone considers marriage at 25 is beyond me, so I'll stick with 35), well, lets turn to the stats.

According to this, roughly 23% of men between 35-39 have never been married. So, just under 80% are either married, going through a divorce, or are divorced. All three present their own issues. So, and I realize I keep saying no, but no. What we're going to consider as 'plenty' is up for debate.

Why not employ a bit of logic here. Since folk hailing from the same SES, education level, and age tend to marry it stands to reason that the preceding dating process follows this trend.

A. You won't find too many women charging the looks of men, tho, I might. B. I thought of positing a pic, but I don't want one of you goof balls copy/pasting it and returning it to the thread with your version of art.
1) You are projecting, I'm not of the "women will get theirs" crowd. I'm simply telling it as I see it (sorry if hurts your feelings).

2) I quote 25-35, you quote 35-39 age range. Say no all you want, but figure out what exactly you are responding to before responding.

3) I'd rather not employ your logic since we are talking about people in the dating scene at 40+, which is a subset of all daters and that most marriages occur prior to age 40. Your math is flat out wrong.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your going to have your opinion, based upon no quantifiable data, no matter what. The good thing is that your opinion doesn't change the reality of the women you have the opinions of. /shrug

You could talk forever, and our lives remain unchanged. I have no sour grapes, honestly, if a guy wants to date younger that's his right. I have dated younger too. My right, and his right.

If I felt for a second that any guy only wanted me for my looks, I would dump him in a second. I am more than a sum of my looks. Inability to come to grips with that concept? Are you kidding me?! I have always felt that good looks were a blessing with an expiration date. And that people have an obligation to become more than a genetic anomaly. I can quickly filter out any guy that hit on me for looks alone. And surprisingly, there are many guys that are deeper than stereotypes would lead us to believe.

If you're not one of those guys, I have no problem with that.
I offered up some statistics that I believe can help prove or disprove the theory - what % of older/younger relationships last more than 10 years for each gender?

Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
1) You are projecting, I'm not of the "women will get theirs" crowd. I'm simply telling it as I see it (sorry if hurts your feelings).

2) I quote 25-35, you quote 35-39 age range. Say no all you want, but figure out what exactly you are responding to before responding.

3) I'd rather not employ your logic since we are talking about people in the dating scene at 40+, which is a subset of all daters and that most marriages occur prior to age 40. Your math is flat out wrong.
Guess what? Just flat out, the women you seem to have a problem with are not "getting theirs." Some may, some may not.

We apologize if our happy lives our messing with your concept of cosmic karma.

Some people are bound to be miserable, and some to be happy. Surprisingly, those mindsets are not bound to life events, but to mindsets.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I offered up some statistics that I believe can help prove or disprove the theory - what % of older/younger relationships last more than 10 years for each gender?
I don't have theories, I have my life. That's the difference. Theories are for people who want to justify something. I have no need to justify anything. I'm good.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Guess what? Just flat out, the women you seem to have a problem with are not "getting theirs." Some may, some may not.

We apologize if our happy lives our messing with your concept of cosmic karma.

Some people are bound to be miserable, and some to be happy. Surprisingly, those mindsets are not bound to life events, but to mindsets.
You are taking this personally. I don't have any concept of cosmic karma, you are another one who is projecting. You sound happy, I hope you are because that's all that matters, and I say this with 100% sincerity.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:57 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Quote:
I'm sure my CD friends can attest to the fact that I'm not an old battleax ready for the junk yard.
I'd go there. Although first you're going to have to dump that no good husband!

Old 08-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
You are taking this personally. I don't have any concept of cosmic karma, you are another one who is projecting. You sound happy, I hope you are because that's all that matters, and I say this with 100% sincerity.
Thank you. I wish you the same.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I think I have clearly stated in my previous argument that both genders go through a similar aging process (physically and financially, if not emotionally). The fact of the matter is that more men suffer from the aging process. This fact contradicts the value argument. Now, remember that it is you who is making the value argument, not me. I'm simply telling you that you're wrong and why- with evidence. As far as me being past my prime or not goes, that is irrelevant, as I am not a member of your cohort (the relationship challenged).
I never made the value argument, I think that's the wrong arguement to make. I think everybody, irrespective of gender increases in value as they age. I'm making the market power in the dating scene argument, but I'm done here as I see it's striking a nerve with too many women who are 40+. Nice chatting with you, maybe we'll chat again on a topic in which we see eye-to-eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships