Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,819,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy_nose View Post
HDL:
By the way, there are so many nice threads here. I wish I have the time to read everything I like but with my dialup, I don't think so haha.
What ever you do...do not read the "Invitation is open to any and all women" thread. Please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,934 times
Talking I just know ya'll were waiting for my final thoughts....lol

Creme,

IMHO, there is no need to apologize for your post. A thread was started and you did not think it was appropriate and you nicely stated your opinion. You then read additional posts after yours and gave your original post a second thought. I commend you for being open minded enough to see the other side of the matter (not saying the thread was right or wrong, just that there are 2 sides to most issues).

During my first 6 mths as a member, I posted 23 times and received less than 10 REP pts during that time (but look at me NOW !). The reasons that I posted so seldom were varied. Sometimes I had nothing to say (RL friends would find that difficult to believe ). Sometimes someone else posted my exact same opinion, so I had nothing to add to the conversation. Sometimes I was just too busy to post. And sometimes I was scared that I'd be picked on by some 'bully' poster in that thread !

Some what's my point you say ? Just that when someone posts here, it could be that 20 other people feel the exact same way as you, but do not post for any of the reasons I've stated above! I'm sure there were a lot of other people who agreed with your post Creme and appreciated you taking the time to share your thoughts on the subject!

BTW though, what some consider 'mocking', we CDF comedians call a "ROAST" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am sorry and apologize to all, as I stand corrected and totally realize what your all saying...good lesson to learn here...today. Many thanks to all of you

I think it is an outstanding forum as well, with a whole lot of grand and intelligent people.

I just become very upset when it seems to me people are mocking others...I'm new to this forum and realize truly, no one meant any harm....lest we forget, we cannot see each others faces which makes it a bit more difficult to understand what is being said.

Sorry for the intrusion in this thread and for not understanding....and thank you for helping me along

My best to all of you always...
Creme
Alright Itchy Nose,

Who are you REALLY??? You're just too smart and nice, that now you've got me curious ! And please scratch your nose if it itches .

Sign me,

suspicious, cautious, curious and comedic HDL (lol)

p.s.
Hint for you Itchy -
1) Read all posts / threads by HDL for fun and laughter
2) Read all posts / threads by HIF (hereinfla) for drama and suspense
3) Read all posts / threads by Rance if you are over 18 and love romance novels

Quote:
HDL:

Thanks for the welcome. I hope everything is okay now; you all seemed mature and responsible. You are all very assertive people and that's good. Sometimes conflicts arise because you cannot see the emotion behind the words hence it looks formidable.

By the way, there are so many nice threads here. I wish I have the time to read everything I like but with my dialup, I don't think so haha.

I have to start working tomorrow, have a nice day everyone.

Last edited by HDL; 08-06-2007 at 01:34 AM.. Reason: If you look down here Itchy Nose, you will know that I am just joking with you!!

Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,432,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am sorry and apologize to all, as I stand corrected and totally realize what your all saying...good lesson to learn here...today. Many thanks to all of you

I think it is an outstanding forum as well, with a whole lot of grand and intelligent people.

I just become very upset when it seems to me people are mocking others...I'm new to this forum and realize truly, no one meant any harm....lest we forget, we cannot see each others faces which makes it a bit more difficult to understand what is being said.

Sorry for the intrusion in this thread and for not understanding....and thank you for helping me along

My best to all of you always...
Creme
No need to apologize, Creme!
We are a happy bunch on here...with some members a bit crazier and a bit wilder then others. But, overall....once you get to read their posts, you will understand where they are coming from, what opinion they have...a little glimpse into their personality.
I haven't had an encounter with a "mocker" on here for quiet some time....because the useless, vicious ones are quickly removed and banned. (I had one last week on the "Immigration thread", which was a previously banned member "sneaking" back in!!!!)
New members are always welcomed, and quickly "ruined" and converted to our "TP OVER" believe and theory....LOL.
Once we know a bit more about members, we start to learn what exactly their "threshold" is.....LOL....and that's when the "roasting" kicks in.......Right HDL?????
Creme....you have already more friends on here, then you ever imagined....LOL.......and I LOVE busting YOUR chops too....LOL.
My best to you.....always!!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 04:51 AM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
What ever you do...do not read the "Invitation is open to any and all women" thread. Please!
OH, YES,.....THAT THREAD MENTIONED ABOVE IS A MUST READ TO ALL CD MEMBERS NEW AND OLD!!!!!
And if you find it "sliding" to the "other side"....please revive it, do the CPR and bump it back up to the top....it NEEDS to be kept alive at all times.....
Now I call THAT an "Intervention" alright....LOL.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:03 AM
MB2

Quote:
I am quite new here, but I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its up to you if you will believe, follow or take their advise I guess. Everyone wants to help, but at the end of the day the decision is still yours.

For me, its nice to know what other people think of the problems and situations of others. Its great that they have time to help others. I realized some of the people here have been members for a long time and know each other quite well, via the internet of course. They have a certain camaraderie . I agree that no one is right or wrong, they are just offering suggestions and opinions. If I don't like a certain thread or it becomes persistently the same story, I just ignore it.
Welcome to CD, Itchy!!!!
You seems like a "normal", sincere and healthy minded person......You are exactly what we need on here.....in order to "balance" the "crazies" (like HDL , me and others), out.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:52 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
No need to apologize, Creme!
We are a happy bunch on here...with some members a bit crazier and a bit wilder then others. But, overall....once you get to read their posts, you will understand where they are coming from, what opinion they have...a little glimpse into their personality.
I haven't had an encounter with a "mocker" on here for quiet some time....because the useless, vicious ones are quickly removed and banned. (I had one last week on the "Immigration thread", which was a previously banned member "sneaking" back in!!!!)
New members are always welcomed, and quickly "ruined" and converted to our "TP OVER" believe and theory....LOL.
Once we know a bit more about members, we start to learn what exactly their "threshold" is.....LOL....and that's when the "roasting" kicks in.......Right HDL?????
Creme....you have already more friends on here, then you ever imagined....LOL.......and I LOVE busting YOUR chops too....LOL.
My best to you.....always!!!!

I just have one little problem with something in this quote

The TP OVER thing is NOT A theory. It is a fact!

Other than that.......... I got nuttin' to say!

Old 08-07-2007, 06:01 AM
MB2

Talking Wow....."Rambo-lina"......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I just have one little problem with something in this quote

The TP OVER thing is NOT A theory. It is a fact!

Other than that.......... I got nuttin' to say!
Huh...you ARE killing me....LOL......It really sounds like your life's mission there, and I sense you are definately NOT messing around with "TP Over" as well as "TORI".....ROTFL.
Good girl....you make this world a better place....

Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Huh...you ARE killing me....LOL......It really sounds like your life's mission there, and I sense you are definately NOT messing around with "TP Over" as well as "TORI".....ROTFL.
Good girl....you make this world a better place....
hahahahahaha.... Don't they say that everyone needs a "mission" in life????
Wish I could rep you but in the meantime.... I LIKE that Rambolina name. Hummmmm..........

I've been "working" the last few days. but I will get back to this!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:11 PM

131 posts, read 376,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I actually did read the 1st page, but its so LONG.... I want to read everything but I'm using dialup. But I think you are happy already with someone hehe , the thread was successful after all.

HDL:

Who am I? Allow me to introduce my selves.....just kidding. Well, itchy_nose simple because I have allergic rhinitis I will read all the posts by HDL, rance, hereinfla and the others but I cannot reply to every thread because I lack the the experience in some of the topics

Too smart and nice? Gosh, stop flattering me, flattery will get you a marriage proposal tsktsk I knew it, men like women with small breasts after all hahahaha..... Aha! I can see all the men running away from me... I shouldn't have told you about the small breasts eh?

Movingback2Pa:

Wow thank you I think haha Another flatterer First HDL, now you? Having this much sex appeal is a curse. Even women love me now haha *hugs* thanks for the welcome

Last edited by itchy_nose; 08-07-2007 at 12:21 PM..

Old 08-07-2007, 12:20 PM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,097 times
Quote:
I actually did read the 1st page, but its so LONG.... I want to read everything but I'm using dialup. But I think you are happy already with someone hehe , the thread was successful after all.

HDL:

Who am I? Allow me to introduce my selves.....just kidding. Well, itchy_nose simple because I have allergic rhinitis I will read all the posts by HDL, rance, hereinfla and the others but I cannot reply to every thread because I lack the the experience in some of the topics

Too smart and nice? Gosh, stop flattering me, flattery will get you a marriage proposal tsktsk

Movingback2Pa:

Wow thank you I think haha Another flatterer First HDL, now you? Having this much sex appeal is a curse. I knew it, men like women with small breasts after all hahahaha..... Aha! I can see you running away from me... I shouldn't have told you about the small breasts eh?
*cough cough*
pst pst itchynose if I may... tell you a secret.... HDL (Happy Dawg Lady) and HereinFlorida and Movingpack2Pa..... are ladies ! (and I use that term loosely LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships