Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 05:51 PM

5 posts, read 21,208 times

Advertisements

I'm someone of average looks and got some things going for me as people have told me!! however I've never had any luck with women. Recently though I've actually managed to get some feedback and been told the usual softener "You're a really nice guy" but the clincher "but there's no spark, don't feel any chemistry".
So I'm asking what is this mysterious spark all about? What is this chemistry?
What character trates do some people have that create this spark - afterall some people are far more successful with women than others and I really am sick of being left on the shelf!! All my friends have one or two girls and then got married and have kids. I've dated loads of women, and it doesn't matter whether I like them or not. It doesn't matter if I've held hands or kissed at the end of the date. Always the next few days after the second date its the same "You're a really nice guy, but I felt no spark, there was no chemistry there".
The girls don't say anymore than that and don't tell me what this magical thing 'a spark' actually is though.
How does the chemistry feel ? What does a guy outwardly display if you feel chemistry or that spark for him as opposed to a guy you don't feel anything for? Please help with this - A big question maybe, but a helpful answer could change my life - so please help !!!!! please !!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,704 times
It's called attraction. The spark is the feeling you get when you know you can see yourself "doing" this person Work on becoming more attractive whatever it is. Cloths, attitude, practive makes perfect. Stop being so nice. A little a hole behavior can work just don't go overboard. Act like talking to them is not big deal. Women can sense a desperate man a mile away.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:00 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,526,506 times
This is a hard question to answer, but I will give it my best.

First of all either you have chemistry with the person or you don't. I really don't think there is any way to "make" it happen. With my husband, I just knew he was the one for me pretty much from the beginning. Every time I saw him I got butterflies in my stomach and every time our dates ended I couldn't wait until we could see eachother again. I still feel this way today, even after 12 years of marriage. I know he is the one I will grow old with.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:07 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,898 times
I'm with the "can't make it happen" camp. It's like alchemy, you can't turn lead into gold.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:08 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,526,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
It's called attraction. The spark is the feeling you get when you know you can see yourself "doing" this person Work on becoming more attractive whatever it is. Cloths, attitude, practive makes perfect. Stop being so nice. A little a hole behavior can work just don't go overboard. Act like talking to them is not big deal. Women can sense a desperate man a mile away.
I do have to say that attitude has a lot to do with it, IMO. My husband is very confident and to me that is a turn on. I'm not sure about the a hole behavior comment though. He NEVER acted like that and he still got the girl. I think it depends on the individual.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:09 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,846,980 times
It is out of our control. That is the beauty of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'm with the "can't make it happen" camp. It's like alchemy, you can't turn lead into gold.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramc27 View Post
I do have to say that attitude has a lot to do with it, IMO. My husband is very confident and to me that is a turn on. I'm not sure about the a hole behavior comment though. He NEVER acted like that and he still got the girl. I think it depends on the individual.
The a hole thing needs to be in a small amount. I'm sure when you were dating, your husband didn't run to do everything you asked him to. I bet sometimes he just had "things to do" and was unavailable. I don't mean literally treat her like dirt. Just don't be a door mat. "Be a man" as they say.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:17 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,675,618 times
Default Like Walter Egan sang

in 1978, "you are the Magnet and I am Steel..."

Old 05-05-2011, 06:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Don't believe that for a second!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:44 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poordater View Post
I'm someone of average looks and got some things going for me as people have told me!! however I've never had any luck with women. Recently though I've actually managed to get some feedback and been told the usual softener "You're a really nice guy" but the clincher "but there's no spark, don't feel any chemistry".
So I'm asking what is this mysterious spark all about? What is this chemistry?
What character trates do some people have that create this spark - afterall some people are far more successful with women than others and I really am sick of being left on the shelf!! All my friends have one or two girls and then got married and have kids. I've dated loads of women, and it doesn't matter whether I like them or not. It doesn't matter if I've held hands or kissed at the end of the date. Always the next few days after the second date its the same "You're a really nice guy, but I felt no spark, there was no chemistry there".
The girls don't say anymore than that and don't tell me what this magical thing 'a spark' actually is though.
How does the chemistry feel ? What does a guy outwardly display if you feel chemistry or that spark for him as opposed to a guy you don't feel anything for? Please help with this - A big question maybe, but a helpful answer could change my life - so please help !!!!! please !!!!!!
You have much more than "some" things going for you. If you don't believe this about yourself, it might be the reason why there is no "spark."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships