Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:41 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,826 times

Advertisements

A friend and I conducted an experiment on POF by making a fake profile of a 7 foot tall guy and hilarity ensued.

We posted the profile in a city far from us where there were a lot of women with strict height requirements on their profiles. My friend agreed to have his picture used on it, he's considered pretty average looking, nothing special, but not ugly. Anyway, we had to do some very creative photography and photoshopping to make it look as if he was truly 7 ft. tall. We lowered a basketball rim and had him reach up & touch it with his feet flat on the ground. Had some people kneel down in pics with him, but cut the part off where you could see they were kneeling.

As for the profile, we wanted to make this guy have traits that would normally be very undesirable to many women. The headline got a lot of attention, we put "Tallest guy on POF!" Here's how the profile read, and yes we really put all this down.

Hay ladies,

My name is Jon I'm 29 & i'm a cool guy that happens to be seven foot tall. Yah I used to play basketball but my cureer ended when i dropped out of high school sofmore year. i didn't never care for school i still don't need it. I like to do a lot of fun stuff i don't have a job so i got lots of free time to persue my hobies. but because i don't have a job i don't have no car and i can't pay for no dates. I'm hopin to find a girl who will take care of those needs for me. My main hobies are smoking weed and playing xbox 360. i'm looking for a girl whose 420 frendly i live in my moms basement but she don't care if i smoke or have frends over 2 smoke

I don't plan to live at home 2 much longer. I just got done serving an 8 years sintince in prison and i want to get my life back on track and stay away from the po-po's.

Message me ladys i want to get 2 know u!

Now, any reasonable person would think "Who the hell would respond to that ad?" You would think no one, but within two hours of posting the profile we had 11 messages in our inbox. All the messages stated something along the lines of "Wow, I love REALLY tall guys" or "Oooh, 7ft. tall, yummy!" You would think the majority of women responding would be less than desirable too, but most that messaged us had good jobs, were good looking, and were educated.

When we started chatting with some of them through IM, that's when things got real interesting. Here are some interesting tidbits from our chats? RG = random girl

Jon: yeh i really am that tall girl
RG: Can we meet tonight?

Jon: So is it OK that i smoke weed?
RG: It's no big deal, I mean everyone has their vices right?

Jon: I don't know how i'm gunna be able to take you to eat with no $ or car?
RG: Don't worry about it, I'll come pick you up and pay for the date too.

Jon: nah I can't get 2 gether tomorrow nite, i got a double date with my xbox and my bong
RG: Perhaps this weekend?

I know you're thinking, this all sounds crazy or too outlandish, but none of this is made up or is a joke. My friend and I just sat there going

The only total dealbreaker during our chats that sent every woman running for the hills was when we told them that "Jon" was a registered sex offender who was in prison for fondling an 11 year old girl.

We took the profile down as soon as our experiment ended.

Anyone think a 5'10" guy with a profile like this would get many replies? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
A 7' man has bigger hands, bigger feet, a bigger ... you know. The women your friend encountered were after that last bit. Not terribly shocking. A bimbo with big jugs would get the same response.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
I bet the women were of the same "quality"! I can't quite see the appeal of a 7 ft. man unless the woman is at least 6 ft. herself, which is not that common.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 AM

52 posts, read 96,635 times
That random girl must have been playing you too, doing an experiment of her own. You never know.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:15 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,546,796 times
LOL! Interesting research Zoom. Was LMAO when reading. I wouldn't have opened that guy's profile; I like tall but not 7ft tall. That's ridiculous.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:23 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A 7' man has bigger hands, bigger feet, a bigger ... you know. The women your friend encountered were after that last bit. Not terribly shocking. A bimbo with big jugs would get the same response.
Exactly! Don't know why you seem to think it's big news that there women out there looking for just sex. Losers are equal opportunity lovers in their mind and at 7ft tall, you've upped the ante.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:25 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Definitely true! Those women were after what a 7 ft tall guy insinuated in his pants..

Do you really think a bimbo with huge jugs, no job, no education and nothing going for her, would get the same amount of replies from guys that were good-looking and had good jobs?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,194,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Definitely true! Those women were after what a 7 ft tall guy insinuated in his pants..

Do you really think a bimbo with huge jugs, no job, no education and nothing going for her, would get the same amount of replies from guys that were good-looking and had good jobs?
Yes. Did you really have to ask?

Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,826 times
Quote:

I dunno, people perplex me. If I read a girl's profile that was the equivalent of "Jon's" I wouldn't care if she was as hot as Megan Fox, I would have to next her and move onto another profile.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:35 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Quote:

Probably not from guys who are looking for real relationships, but there are some guys here who insist that men don't care about education and status--that it's all about the woman's looks and personality. I could pull some quotes but you don't really need me to do that, do you?

If a woman is pretty and seems dumb or easy (sometimes not even pretty), then men who are interested in sex without a relationship will contact her. I'm not on dating sites but it sounds like it's common for women to get random "show me ur boobs" or "hey babe wat is up" messages from men who are obviously looking for sex, despite the women's profiles stating they are looking for long-term relationships. Some people just throw a bunch of requests out there to see what sticks ... women do this too. The one message asking if she could come over right then? So obviously wanting to see how the guy is hung.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships