Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:04 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The reason you have low self esteem is because you are being an unpaid whjore and you know it.

Why don't you move out and make a decent life for yourself. Maybe even find a man who has enough respect for you to wait until you get married to have sex (novel thought, I know).

By staying in this relationship, you are teaching your son that this is how you treat a woman. Do you REALLY want him learning this kind of lesson?

20yrsinBranson
1. Is it the unpaid or whjore that bothers you more?

2. I don't believe until getting married until I have known a guy at LEAST two years. I don't need anyone to respect me THAT much. Honestly, I would think there was something seriously wrong with the guy.

But I have enough respect for myself, that getting other people to is not really an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 11:30 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,454,385 times
I re-read the OP and can say this: LISTEN to how HE defines it. A relationship is what the lowest-commitment partner brings in.

If you hope to change his definition, i.e. make him love you, - you must know by now you can't force love. On the intuition level, you must know that he IS capable of love and will be eager to please a person he loves. You are just not that person.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:32 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
\ A relationship is what the lowest-commitment partner brings in.

What great advice.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:15 AM

389 posts, read 777,146 times
Yeah. I mean, she seems to be somewhat ok with their little arrangement, so I guess ... I don't know, what can we do? But she asked for the advice, this is what I got. And if she's looking to change his mind about how they live together, I don't think that's gonna happen. He's very satisfied with how it is now: she's committed to him and he's not committed to her. It's a one-way street. If she's ok with that (sad), and she just wants to know how to define the "relationship", I'm gonna say it's a living arrangement. No more no less, accept for the fact that one person is getting what they want and the other is being used and not given what they want. That's a totally different factor.

Jesse

Old 05-15-2011, 11:57 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
This is a fine example of the abusive relationships I've ranted over in the past. women who simply accept that they're nothing but a punching bag or a f*ck toy and allow themselves to be treated like worthless animals because "I love him". Listen, darling, I'll be as nice as I can, but I assure you that my answer to your problems is gonna be harsh, but it's the real deal.

<snip>
We can only go by what the OP has written, but I don't see how this is an abusive relationship. She asked him where he stood in terms of their relationship, and he answered honestly and openly, by both his words and his actions. That she only decided to discuss their relationship after they shacked up is her problem, not his. This guy did nothing wrong.

If she is old enough to be divorced and have a child, she is old enough to look after her own interests to the same degree that she looks after his. Yes he is a taker, but takers need a giver. She gave it all up and only wondered "what's in this for me" when it was far too late.

Look I can find hundreds of men willing to sleep with me everyday, eat my cooking, and accept my love without offering me anything in return. I choose to not get involved with men like this. It is up to OP to make some choices for herself and for her son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships