Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:11 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,767,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Sorry, I had an extremely busy day and when I came back to the hotel, had problems with internet connection. I'm not sure what you folks want me to say because whatever I say will not be good enough for you. So basically all I can say at this point is that I still have deep respect for my manager, regardless. He gave me the job three years ago, mentored me, and gave me the necessary exposure needed to succeed in my job. Whatever happened, happened, but he will always be my hero.
Good grief, I just read through this thread and now am wondering why on earth you started it in the first place as you obviously weren't looking for any advice at all. I'm sorry that a man who blatantly cuckolds his wife is your "hero". Your self-respect must be pretty minimal at best. Judging from his wife's reaction to you, he's no doubt been down this road before and she knows it but for whatever reason has thus far chosen to turn a knowing but blind eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,262,025 times
Quote:
I was wondering how terrible can it get if you had sex with your manager?

Any experiences to share?
Quote:
Assuming no one other than the two people involved knows, what's the worst that can happen?
I am not going to share any specific details, but in general, it is a bad idea. While there are people on here who will say they had sex with/dated co-workers, and it turned out great, usually hooking up with someone from work tends to make things awkward. Even more so if it is a manager-worker bee relation. That is why many places of employment have "policies" against employee dating.

And don't think no one will know. Someone will figure it out, then the rumors will begin to fly.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:27 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,549,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Ok, it happened. So hopefully all is well between you and your boss and your job is secure.
Just to make a few things clear:
1. My job is secure and it has nothing to do with him.
2. If this ever gets out, it's he will be the one who gets fired, not me.

And 3rd, no nothing happened. not like that anyway. He came to my hotel, we hung out at the bar, came up to the room later on, watched TV and talked, perhaps kissed or whatever, then I fell asleep. I work up in the morning to find him lying beside me fully clothed (and so was I). He didn't seem to worry about his wife at all, which was very strange.

Nothing was discussed yesterday. We went out for lunch and walked around the city for about an hour. I brought it up this afternoon however, and he asked if he could drop by later for further conversation so we have a mutual understanding on this. BTW, he's only my manager for the next month or so before he moves on to another dept for a year and thereafter he will be retiring. The situation is not as bad as you all make it to be. The awful part is that he's still married but whatever.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:35 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,587,128 times
Quote:
The awful part is that he's still married but whatever.
Yeah, whatever. Its apparent you don't think you deserve better.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:37 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,767,804 times
Yes, something did happen. You "kissed or whatever" (whatever "whatever" might be) and he stayed the night with you while his wife was in their hotel room alone. And now he's going to "drop by later for further conversation so we have a mutual understanding on this"?

"The awful part is that he's still married but whatever." What does that mean and awful for who? Him, his wife or you?

I wouldn't be so complacent about your job, either. Your moniker could well soon become rearranged to MissUNLucky for more than one reason. Good luck for now.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,881,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Yeah, whatever. Its apparent you don't think you deserve better.
I feel sorry for the wife more, dealing with this skank behavior

Old 05-17-2011, 07:53 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,397,902 times
MissLucky, I'm worried that you are going to get hurt. It's obvious that your heart is already invested in unattainable man. All his actions (like lying next to you with his clothes on) sounds romantic to you right now, but it's not going to last. Something WILL happen eventually because you will let it happen. You are on a dangerous territory, hun.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,751,715 times
"Mr. Smith, would you take care of my appraisal this year?"

"Sure, what do you want?"

"I want a raise, Mr. Smith"

"Alright, but I have a little raise down here. You do mine, I do yours"

Moral of the Story: Management Skills

Old 05-17-2011, 08:23 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,587,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
I feel sorry for the wife more, dealing with this skank behavior
Skank....no, Shes flattered by the attention. His wife has choices as well, she knows hes not going anywhere. I don't know why either one of these women would want him, hes addicted to the ego boost.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 AM

545 posts, read 1,556,852 times
Quote:
I was wondering how terrible can it get if you had sex with your manager?

Any experiences to share?
Terrible for him; payout opportunity for you. Sue him for sexual harassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships