Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:17 PM

917 posts, read 2,948,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
Do you wear makeup? If you wear makeup you are indicating to men that it's ok for them not to like you as you normally look because YOU don't like you at how you normally look.
Not really, don't need it. I have a little for when I have to go to a wedding or something super fancy (literally I have one tube of lipstick and some mascara), but I don't wear it more than once or twice a year. I met my fiance with no make-up on and that's the woman he's planning to marry. I also don't wear push-up bras (don't need it) or pluck my eyebrows.

For what it's worth, I am taller than my fiance if I wear heels. It doesn't bother either of us.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:04 PM

56 posts, read 171,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
(And by the way, be aware that just as many men will reject a woman for being taller than them--this works both ways and it's not just the men who are the victims.)
I like tall women and have no problem dating a taller women. I find tall, athletic women to be the most attractive. Typically, female volleyball players are pretty good looking and have a great physic. Being a shorter than average guy my dreams of a tall, attractive volleyball player is probably out.

Quote:
You are looking for one of those women who cares about the person on the inside, not the outside. So, in truth, the elevator shoes aren't going to make a difference. A woman who would have disqualified you for height on the first date is just going to do a double take and disqualify you after you take the 4 inch shoes off after a month, or whatever. IF height was a condition of hers to begin with (as it is for some women and men) then knowing you for a month will change nothing.
The majority of women care about height and most care about height far more than they would like to admit. I see women talking about how much the care about the inside, they want a man who is respectful, honest, confident, funny, kind, charming, great personality and so on. But, if a man doesn't meet her height requirement she will never get to know him and see if she has the qualities she is looking for. For example, let's say a shorter than average guy is at a club with friends. He has many great qualities that women are looking for. A woman wont give the shorter guy the time of day and discover his great qualities. I hate to say it, but this is the majority of women.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:20 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,871 times
Quote:
The majority of women care about height and most care about height far more than they would like to admit. I see women talking about how much the care about the inside, they want a man who is respectful, honest, confident, funny, kind, charming, great personality and so on. But, if a man doesn't meet her height requirement she will never get to know him and see if she has the qualities she is looking for. For example, let's say a shorter than average guy is at a club with friends. He has many great qualities that women are looking for. A woman wont give the shorter guy the time of day and discover his great qualities. I hate to say it, but this is the majority of women.
It's actually a problem in both sexes, men as much as women. If you go on a dating site and look at what men state about the height preferences for their desired partner, you'll note that the vast majority will not even consider a woman one inch taller than them. A man of 6 feet will put his desired range for a woman between 5 feet and 6 feet. A man of 5'9" will put his desired range between 5 feet and 5'9". A man of 5'6" between 4'10" and 5'6". Almost no men put the height of women they will consider even an inch higher. Look it up if you don't believe me. They may be open to multiple races, body types, backgrounds, but height is a deal-breaker for a lot of them. Incidentally, the same thing seems to happen with age. Many men will date a women as young as 18 even when they are pushing 35, but shockingly, some won't consider a women even a few years older!

So, I'm not saying this preference is fair, just that it's a problem on both sides of the aisle. If men want women to stop judging them on their height, they need to stop doing the same. It's no more prevalent in women than it is in men.

And again, in the long run, it doesn't help you to wear the shoes. A woman who would have rejected you for height will do so. Someone who makes that their priority when choosing a mate isn't going to care whether they've known you for a few weeks.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:22 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
As a short than average guy I wear elevator shoes. They give me an extra 4 inches in height. The shoes look like regular shoes and have a heel built into the inside.

So my question is…You meet a guy and he seems really cool. You go out on a date or two and then comes the third date. The third date you decide to go to the beach. At the beach, with no shoes on, you find out he is four inches shorter than you thought he was. What would you do? Would you break up with him? How would you feel?
Well if you're honest about your height in the beginning, this should never become an issue. It's when you say your 6' and take your shoes off to be way less. Be honest. I'm a woman, and I didn't and wouldn't date a man shorter than myself, with heels on. Just my personal preference.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:22 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
It's actually a problem in both sexes, men as much as women. If you go on a dating site and look at what men state about the height preferences for their desired partner, you'll note that the vast majority will not even consider a woman one inch taller than them. A man of 6 feet will put his desired range for a woman between 5 feet and 6 feet. A man of 5'9" will put his desired range between 5 feet and 5'9". A man of 5'6" between 4'10" and 5'6". Almost no men put the height of women they will consider even an inch higher. Look it up if you don't believe me. They may be open to multiple races, body types, backgrounds, but height is a deal-breaker for a lot of them. Incidentally, the same thing seems to happen with age. Many men will date a women as young as 18 even when they are pushing 35, but shockingly, some won't consider a women even a few years older!

So, I'm not saying this preference is fair, just that it's a problem on both sides of the aisle. If men want women to stop judging them on their height, they need to stop doing the same. It's no more prevalent in women than it is in men.

And again, in the long run, it doesn't help you to wear the shoes. A woman who would have rejected you for height will do so. Someone who makes that their priority when choosing a mate isn't going to care whether they've known you for a few weeks.

This is absolutely true. I've been rejected for my height as many times as my shorter male friends have been rejected for theirs.

However, I am 6'1 and am now seriously seeing a man who is barely 5'8, so it does happen

Old 06-10-2011, 04:20 PM

56 posts, read 171,409 times
I do not understand why someone, especially women on here, assume that if a man was to wear height increasing shoes (elevator shoes) that he isn't confident. This is not a fair judgment to make if you don't know someone.

I don't see anyone saying that women who wear makeup are less confident or insecure with their femininity.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:59 PM

330 posts, read 599,276 times
Wearing 4 inch heels for a man (outside of a 70's party, or for a drag queen) is fraud. I am 5'4. you have to live with what you have, there is so much more you can change.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:49 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
As a short than average guy I wear elevator shoes. They give me an extra 4 inches in height. The shoes look like regular shoes and have a heel built into the inside.

So my question is…You meet a guy and he seems really cool. You go out on a date or two and then comes the third date. The third date you decide to go to the beach. At the beach, with no shoes on, you find out he is four inches shorter than you thought he was. What would you do? Would you break up with him? How would you feel?
Nah...I'd feel like the guy had some serious insecurities. Elevator shoes are just ridiculous.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:03 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
I've heard of "elevator shoes", but had no idea they could boost you 4 inches. Learn something new every day at CDR!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Possibly, if he was still taller than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships