Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You gotta laugh or you'd cry for such an ignorant person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
LOL Me too! I just had an awesome laugh.
What's even funnier is that he seems to think I'm conservative and possibly a tea bagger! This guy is a riot!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Boy, the people on this forum are not accepting to different views or open discussions, are they? Is this site run by the tea party where morals and family rule out common sense?
You are too funny! How could we possibly have a discussion? I'm a woman! My opinions don't matter - all I'm good for is sex!

Old 05-28-2011, 08:25 PM

328 posts, read 603,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are too funny! How could we possibly have a discussion? I'm a woman! My opinions don't matter - all I'm good for is sex!
True.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
True.
I know! So what are you complaining about?

Old 05-28-2011, 08:33 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I also find that age makes a difference. I have quite a few male friends at my workplace who are significantly younger than I am, and that keeps the feelings platonic on my end...I'm not so much about the cougar label, and it's hard for me to get revved up about a guy my youngest sister's age when I've got my own age-appropriate man at home. Some of these, guys, had I met them when I was there age and single, sure! They're cool. But as life is, nah, just pals. They're way too "little bro" for me to be attracted.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
When you see yourself as a hammer, everything else is a nail.

What you have to watch out for with this operating philosophy, however, is the occasional screw buried in among the nails. Hammers don't work well on screws - they're not rotational-torque-applying instruments; rather, they are lever-based impact implements designed to use the force generated by the shoulders and snapped by the wrist.

So, screw, nail, it doesn't matter - everything is treated as the only thing a hammer knows - a nail.

PS: How many of your men-friends do you think aren't agreeing with you but merely telling you what they know you want to hear? That hardly qualifies as an impartial test design.

As for balls, or lack thereof - I've had friends who had them blown off and still acted far more man-like than some Internet trolls you might encounter...

Brilliant Unfortunately, it most likely went right over his head

Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You gotta laugh or you'd cry for such an ignorant person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
LOL Me too! I just had an awesome laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
LOL, proof that the forum seems to be overrun lately with men who were weaned too soon....

Old 05-28-2011, 08:45 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, proof that the forum seems to be overrun lately with men who were weaned too soon....

Actually, we are back to where we were a few days ago - dealing with young men whose parents I'd like to slap for their neglect or ineptitude

Old 05-28-2011, 10:07 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,344,990 times
Quote:
Huh? I don't think you understand. These lady-boys and white knights ARE afraid of women. They say things like, "I love being a father," "I love not having sex randomly," and "Women are the most precious things in the world, I wish my fellow men weren't such perverts." The white knight descriptor is perfect.
I'm not afraid of women, if I were I'd alienate them and talk about them in derogatory ways, which, if you pay attention in the world at all, is what normally happen when someone fears a different group.

Loving being a father is genetically encoded. You seem to be somewhat interested in the nature of pure attraction and primal urges. Protecting your offspring (IE: loving fatherhood) is important as it makes sure your spawn's chances of survival increase.

This is also why you'll see men who don't want to become fathers change their opinion once they do, we are encoded from nature to react that way as there's very little point in reproducing if your offspring all end up dead.

As far as having sex with only one partner, it's actually quite enjoyable, and you have it available 24/7, which isn't bad.

As pathetic as the views you express are though, there's hope for you still, you just have to grow a little more confident in your manhood.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:18 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
i sometimes get along better with girls since i dont always want to hunt, drink beer, and play ball. However every time i find a girl looking for a platonic friend she's "Oh im a big tomboy". Which ticks me off because the last thing i want is to hunt, drink beer, and play ball with someone with boobs. That and all the girls that want platonic friendships out here thinks platonic means 'just friends now but will more than likely become something more".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships