Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 05:58 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If you want to talk about Renaissance, if he has the very first pong game, where all you had was the 2 controllers attached to one huge brick with a cord connecting it to the TV and the only game you could play was Pong, but came with a bunch of screens to put over the TV screen to make it look like you were playing something slightly different.

Then I will call him a renaissance man.
I stand corrected.

I never really got into those games when they first came out, but I always loved Pong. No one would ever play with me because it was too boring for them, LOL. I don't even remember the screens to put over the TV screen.

Coincidentally, I always loved F-r-o-g-g-e-r, too (had to put the hyphens in so C-D wouldn't censor it). But that one was pretty basic, too.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I stand corrected.

I never really got into those games when they first came out, but I always loved Pong. No one would ever play with me because it was too boring for them, LOL. I don't even remember the screens to put over the TV screen.

Coincidentally, I always loved F-r-o-g-g-e-r, too (had to put the hyphens in so C-D wouldn't censor it). But that one was pretty basic, too.
My friend owns the old pong game. We played it a few times. Was a great time until we discovered women.

yeah, Frog-ger was one of my favorite games on the Atari. I used to play it, Galaga and Donkey Kong all the time.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:04 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
You already look like you're watching a tennis match when you read C-D off the monitor you have.
Just think how Angry Birds would look on a 42"

Old 07-17-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Just think how Angry Birds would look on a 42"
I hear about Angry Birds all the time, but I'm not familiar with it, or any other app for that matter. I'll have to use my imagination, I guess.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:12 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
I hear about Angry Birds all the time, but I'm not familiar with it, or any other app for that matter. I'll have to use my imagination, I guess.
Angry Birds is the only game I will play.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We just watched Hot in Cleveland on my computer monitor, but it is a bigger 22" incher.... LOL, that didn't sound very pg13 didn't it.

I'm have debating on getting a 42" monitor just so I can see CD on a huge screen.

I'm kind of with Sierra when it comes to tech things - is there such a thing as a wireless connection between a laptop and a large-screen TV?

Old 07-17-2011, 06:30 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I'm kind of with Sierra when it comes to tech things - is there such a thing as a wireless connection between a laptop and a large-screen TV?
Yes, Roku player and many game consoles, and DVR's have wireless capabilities.......

It's how you get movie off of the internet into your TV......

Roku Streaming Player | Watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, and MLB.TV on Roku Player

Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If you want to talk about Renaissance, if he has the very first pong game, where all you had was the 2 controllers attached to one huge brick with a cord connecting it to the TV and the only game you could play was Pong, but came with a bunch of screens to put over the TV screen to make it look like you were playing something slightly different.

Then I will call him a renaissance man.
And if by chance one wishes to go backwards from Renaissance to Neolithic, one could do no worse than to get out their Winky-Dink set and put it over the B&W tube TV.

Ah, the good ol' days - I'd have my special crayons ready and the TV announcer would say "Quick, kids! Winky-Dink is in a real jam - draw him a prophylactic!"

...at least, that's how I remember it ...

Old 07-17-2011, 06:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
And if by chance one wishes to go backwards from Renaissance to Neolithic, one could do no worse than to get out their Winky-Dink set and put it over the B&W tube TV.

Ah, the good ol' days - I'd have my special crayons ready and the TV announcer would say "Quick, kids! Winky-Dink is in a real jam - draw him a prophylactic!"

Did they even make those back in the day?

Old 07-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:

Haha, awesome!

The only similar thing I can remember is Hobo Kelly painting with her brush over our "TV screen" and magically a scene would appear. I was so entranced with that, LOL. And her toy machine, how I yearned, LOL...

TV ACRES: Children's Show Hosts > Sally Baker (Hobo Kelly)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships