Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,617,364 times

Advertisements

THis essay has been floating around for a couple of years, so chances are youve already read it, but I bumped into it last night and read all of it. Authors take on todays dating world is somewhat similar to mine. She covers most of the topics discussed here on CDR like todays dating, alpha beta categorization, PUA, marriage dynamics, gender stereotypes and why so many struggle in todays dating world. Interesting read, but it is fairly long so set aside a little time.

The New Dating Game | The Weekly Standard

Whats your take? Agree, disagree? Discuss.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:18 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,044,657 times
Quote:
At the Hampton Inn where Max was staying, he introduced Courtney to his dog: “Say hello to the new ****.” The next morning, after some sessions of “jackhammering a sidewalk,” as she described his sexual technique (although she did concede that he was a “great kisser”), he handed her $20 for the taxi ride of shame back to her apartment. His last words were, “Call me if you’re ever in L.A.”
Well, at least he gave her cab fare home which is more than what other losers like him would do.

Some women have no self esteem nor respect.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Well, at least he gave her cab fare home which is more than what other losers like him would do.

Some women have no self esteem nor respect.
Did you read the entire thing?

Old 12-05-2012, 11:30 AM

708 posts, read 880,134 times
What was the point of the article etc., it eventually starts talking about pick up gurus, and the blog that was referenced in another C-D post, and that all women crave dominant men. It even talks about apocalypses....lpfan will like that.

I certainly don't think that Courtney represents all girls her age, that is for certain.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,642,720 times
I disagree that it's applicable to my dating life or my gal pals dating life.

I agree that it's applicable for some people's dating life.

I enjoy Charlotte Allen as she seems to be the poster child of internalized misogyny. She makes such amusing statements for me such as: Of course, if a man mistakes a woman being “sexual in any way she chooses” for consent to have sex, it’s still rape.
....yeah it's such a clearly wrong double standard of feminists to think that 'consent to have sex = consent to have sex' rather than she's wearing a short skirt.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,044,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Did you read the entire thing?
I tried to read to page 3 and couldn't anymore.

I've never experienced this. There is no way a guy I just met an hour ago would automatically "assume" he could touch my breasts and that I would go home with him.

I was pretty much disgusted with the story. According to her, the sex wasn't that great and all she got was $20 for "jackhammer" type sex. He didn't even buy her a drink! NOTHING!!

It could NOT be ME is all I'm saying.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
What was the point of the article etc., it eventually starts talking about pick up gurus, and the blog that was referenced in another C-D post, and that all women crave dominant men. It even talks about apocalypses....lpfan will like that.

I certainly don't think that Courtney represents all girls her age, that is for certain.
I think it was just authors interpretation of todays dating world. I dont know if Courtney represents anything, but believe me you, there are many girls like Courtney out there. I know, because I meet them all the time.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I disagree that it's applicable to my dating life or my gal pals dating life.

I agree that it's applicable for some people's dating life.

I enjoy Charlotte Allen as she seems to be the poster child of internalized misogyny. She makes such amusing statements for me such as: Of course, if a man mistakes a woman being “sexual in any way she chooses” for consent to have sex, it’s still rape.
....yeah it's such a clearly wrong double standard of feminists to think that 'consent to have sex = consent to have sex' rather than she's wearing a short skirt.
I didnt agree with that point either, although I think she meant it in a different way then it came accross. This may not be applicable to your dating life, but many things she talks ab out happen every day in 2012, if you are observant enough.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I tried to read to page 3 and couldn't anymore.

I've never experienced this. There is no way a guy I just met an hour ago would automatically "assume" he could touch my breasts and that I would go home with him.

I was pretty much disgusted with the story. According to her, the sex wasn't that great and all she got was $20 for "jackhammer" type sex. He didn't even buy her a drink! NOTHING!!

It could NOT be ME is all I'm saying.
What if I offered a limo drive instead of taxi, bought you the most expansive drink at the bar and promised any type of sex you wanted instead of the jackhammering the sidewalk type. DO we have a deal?

Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM

708 posts, read 880,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I think it was just authors interpretation of todays dating world. I dont know if Courtney represents anything, but believe me you, there are many girls like Courtney out there. I know, because I meet them all the time.
Courtney seems sorry and so does the guy who banged her. But if someone like Courtney appeals to you, a girl who believes jackhammer sex is all she deserves, then go for it. For all the guys blowhardedness, the description makes it sounded like he is unable to have sex without hurting someone...doesn't sound like he has much game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships