Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 01:55 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
I'm not a silent person. I always am trying to get to the front of the classroom. I always have something to say. If they don't want to listen, they'll hear it anyway one way or another. I don't follow and I don't hold back. I am the alpha male ALPHA ALPHA! I hunt down alphas who were just given the title by women. You don't get anything given to you pal. I'll take it from you and you'll never get it back because you don't have the balls. When you earned it by methods other than swooning the ladies, you won't hear a peep out of me. What's earned is earned. What is given to you isn't. Have you ever seen a corporate executive shaken up when a real alpha male comes around? His hands even tremble and he can't look you in the eye. I don't even have to say a word. It's body language and he can "feel me" and what's inside. None of these posts are aimed at you. I just thought I would explain what I meant.
lol. This post reminds me of a spoiled child who doesn't always get his way, and cries like a child until he gets his way. If this is what an alpha male is, I feel sorry for those who strive to be one.

I'm not attached to a label. I'm not going to be pushed by an "alpha" whatever that is. "Alphas" Can't push through me, and when they try to push through me, they meet a brick wall. Men who believe they are "alphas" cling to the status and will try many times to push through men like me, and when they can't, they back down and travel far, far away to move around me, because they can't believe they can't push me aside, or force me to back down. I fear no status.

I'm not "Alpha", I'm not "beta", I'm not "Omega". The only status that I belong to is human. That's all i am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 03:05 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,747,462 times
PF, you are truly a Prince among Frogs. You are going to make your future GF/wife feel very lucky.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:07 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
My only standards are that a guy:

Has income of some sort, salary doesn't matter but I don't expect to take care of him, and he shouldn't have to take care of me
Doesn't do drugs (that includes weed)
Doesn't treat women like crap (excludes most of the guys I meet)
Is attractive to me (which is a HUUUUGE spectrum of men)

So far, I haven't found anyone.

I got in a conversation tonight at my local dive with a guy I've known for a while and he told me men don't like smart girls, and that's the only reason he didn't want to date me. So, maybe I'm too smart for my own good

Old 07-15-2012, 08:46 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,950,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
lol. This post reminds me of a spoiled child who doesn't always get his way, and cries like a child until he gets his way. If this is what an alpha male is, I feel sorry for those who strive to be one.

I'm not attached to a label. I'm not going to be pushed by an "alpha" whatever that is. "Alphas" Can't push through me, and when they try to push through me, they meet a brick wall. Men who believe they are "alphas" cling to the status and will try many times to push through men like me, and when they can't, they back down and travel far, far away to move around me, because they can't believe they can't push me aside, or force me to back down. I fear no status.

I'm not "Alpha", I'm not "beta", I'm not "Omega". The only status that I belong to is human. That's all i am.
Sure Froggie, that's what they all say!

Ted Nugent- Great White Buffalo (Live) - YouTube

Pack your gear and grab your balls.................

Last edited by SameOne; 07-15-2012 at 09:06 AM..

Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 AM

400 posts, read 566,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Im a 3 or 4 on the looks scale if that (in my opinion) and I have approached 9s and 10s (usually because I lost a bet or am dared to by my friends) and have been told to shove it, the conversation never goes well

Hell the conversation doesnt go well even if the girl is on the same level of looks I am

I dont even approach in a sleazy way, I try to be nice and respectful which leads me to believe girls run the other way at "nice" guys too
"try to be nice and respectful" doesn't always cut it when your actual thoughts about someone as you approach them is weather they look better or worse than you do and how they should act accordingly.

Your OP is a bit jaded as according to your assumptions everyone must be miserable (in a relationship or out)

Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Considering that most of my female friends are married to good guys with good jobs, I'd say that no...standards not too high.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,681,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
I get that women seek strength in a man, not necessarily physical, but emotional. You want a "rock", someone who you can depend on, but someone who won't put all their eggs of hope in one basked (your basket). I pretty much had this figured out from my late teens onwards - I have NEVER been one of those guys to mope around after being dumped or cheated on. I even hate it when guys do that, becoming pity cases, crying over some woman that didn't want them.

The problem is that most women these days want so much more than I can offer. I cannot give them great looks, I don't have much of a sex drive and while I am not exactly poor, I'm not making anywhere near six figures and I don't hit the gym.

"Swagger" is not something you can just pull out of your arsehole. Men develop swagger during the teenage years, when we begin to show interest in the opposite sex. If you don't have any chances to go out with the opposite sex during your teens and early-mid twenties, it's going to be an uphill battle and if you look like I do, it's ice skating uphill.

To those who criticise guys like me for the way we are, think chicken and egg. If you go through life getting rejected and made fun of, it's going to have an enormous negative impact on who you are. That's just how it is.
You should try hitting the gym. Weight lifting will naturally increase your testosterone levels, which in turn will increase your sex drive. (Right now you aren't getting women because you don't have much of a sex drive... your sex drive literally drives your pursuit of women, so without it you will remain alone.) Looking more fit will make you feel more confident and put a spring in your step. And of course having a fit body will attract more women. Try it for 4 months as see how you feel.

Last edited by OngletNYC; 07-15-2012 at 10:00 AM..

Old 07-15-2012, 10:04 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What age group are you talking about? A couple of our members in LA are posting that all the women there are married and having babies by their late 20's. So it seems the issue may be regional, to some extent.

I've always said that in dating, location, availability & access were the 3 most important things for being success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If the 9's and 10's you see look unhappy, it's probably because quality guys don't approach them and are intimidated by their 10-ness.
Not really. Generally, it's bc she is in b*tch mode and she doesn't want any guy, quality or not approaching her. They can't be bothered talking to some guy whom they may feel isn't on their level. There are 9s and 10s that don't walk around with their b*tch shields up and therefore, don't look unhappy but instead look friendly and open.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:12 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,727,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Another excellent point - many guys are putting out vibes and signals they may not even be aware of that pushes women away or repels them in general.
Women do the same thing, especially good looking ones. If a man has too much confidence women will say that he is cocky or arrogant or full of himself. No one knows when you're talking to them for 2 mins if you're confident or not. It's complete bs that somehow people who don't know you can get a whiff of your confidence and therefore, assess whether he or she wants anything to do with you.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,950,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You should try hitting the gym. Weight lifting will naturally increase your testosterone levels, which in turn will increase your sex drive. (Right now you aren't getting women because you don't have much of a sex drive... your sex drive literally drives your pursuit of women, so without it you will remain alone.) Looking more fit will make you feel more confident and put a spring in your step. And of course having a fit body will attract more women. Try it for 4 months as see how you feel.
LMAO Mine can't get any higher. Read my posts! LOL That doesn't work if it's the wrong kind of testosterone. The wrong kind is the manly man kind. The most manly men are usually alone and without women. Was Clint Eastwood married or have a girlfriend in the Dirty Harry's? How about Bruce in the Diehards? He was by himself most of the time. Arnold in Commando? We see his daughter, no ladies are around. I don't remember any women in Rambo either. So you see, it's all the testosterone they "like". I vouch for that with myself and all of my single friends. We're manly men. THE MOST manly! The only way chicks are gonna fall on our arm is taming it down. I don't see that happening because men like us won't change if you tortured us. We don't/won't sell out at any price. Someone is going to have to accept us the way we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships