Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are big wallets = big boobs in manworld?
Yes 16 50.00%
No 7 21.88%
Sometimes 9 28.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times

Advertisements

Its just something I notice that sets some off. A regular female will see a hot female with a big chest or whatever and out come the claws. A regular guy sees another guy with a little fatter wallet and out come the clubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,108,146 times
If that is the case, it's not a phenomenon that I'm familiar with.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:01 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,842 times
Yes I've seen it in the women. They instantly think because she has big boobs, that she's promiscuous. I haven't seen the wallet thing in the men though.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:08 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Yes... but only if the female is superficial and doesn't have a nice big wallet of her own. Viscerally, women need to know a man is financially secure because she needs to believe that a man is financially able to care for offspring.

Around L.A. you see a lot of big boobed women with men who have money. I think the two go together somehow... Each has what the other wants.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times
I don't think the behaviour you're describing would constitute as "regular" by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Its just something I notice that sets some off. A regular female will see a hot female with a big chest or whatever and out come the claws. A regular guy sees another guy with a little fatter wallet and out come the clubs.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yes I've seen it in the women. They instantly think because she has big boobs, that she's promiscuous. I haven't seen the wallet thing in the men though.
Ugh, I hate that stereotype. I have large breasts, I'm also tall AND I have tattoos (professionally done and well thought out). It cracks me up seeing the facial expressions on people when they find out I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering, and fly planes for a hobby.

That said, the women I hang out with don't get jealous and fatty with other women, so I suppose I just don't associate with people like that. As for the men, I don't believe I've had money come up in polite conversation.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
What? You guys never had the 1 up neighbor? You get a a new car, then they have a newer more expensive car in the following months. I see guys do things like that all the time.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:26 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Sure, I see that behavior in some men. My father-in-law with my husband's godfather, for one. My father-in-law is very competitive and if "John" gets a new camera, he has to get the bigger one. TVs, stereo equipment, computers, the latest phone ... he's very excited to tell you all about his newest gadget, until John gets something better and then it's off to the store.

It's tiresome.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
What? You guys never had the 1 up neighbor? You get a a new car, then they have a newer more expensive car in the following months. I see guys do things like that all the time.
I think something like that applies evenly to both genders. Keeping up with the Jones' and being envious of other people's success or fortune.

So does the cattyness over good looks. Lot's of women hate on a other beautiful women, and there's lots of guys who do the same thing with the pretty-boy comments. Though I will say I see more of the catty behavior coming from women who are jealous of other women when it comes to appearances.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:22 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,816,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I think something like that applies evenly to both genders. Keeping up with the Jones' and being envious of other people's success or fortune.

So does the cattyness over good looks. Lot's of women hate on a other beautiful women, and there's lots of guys who do the same thing with the pretty-boy comments. Though I will say I see more of the catty behavior coming from women who are jealous of other women when it comes to appearances.
^^^

Yes. I don't know about "big boobs" specifically, but it's not surprising. Some women can be extremely mean to any woman she feels is more attractive physically than she is. Or if she gets more positive attention, particularly from men. Of course she will never admit this; she'll go out of her way to say the opposite. It's not the case across the board, though. The cattiness stems from insecurity; some women get nasty towards other women while knowing virtually nothing about the women they are ripping apart.

I didn't realize there was a similar thing going on with men and their wallets. It must be more subtle with men. With women it seems much more aggressive and vitriolic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships