Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:16 AM

252 posts, read 555,735 times

Advertisements

Let's get one thing straight right off the bat, I am not writing this thread to open discussion to childish banter regarding gender differences. What I am doing is trying to see how many men have the same views as me, and if they would be willing to participate in a future project. I understand that America has some great women, and not all Women fit into the information below. However, there is a social trend that is ever increasing, and one incident for a "great" women does not make up for the 1000 who aren't so great.

I am 26 years old and fortunately have been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to travel the world since I was 17. It started when I signed with Wilhelmina and was required to travel to different modeling markets. It opened me up to many different cultures. At first I was too young to really understand the social differences, however, as my experiences grew both here and far I began to take notice big time.

Regardless of what women believe, here in the west we are having a huge social problem. Men and women, especially women, do not seem to understand what they want. They seem to juggle between different identities hoping to have it all, or maybe none.

At 26, about to graduate from a major University with a B.S in Computer Science, good looking, nice and caring, yet I still have problems finding a Women for a serious relationship here in the States. This is something my European friends said would never happen there.

Are European Women easier to approach?
At first I thought the sparks that constantly flew between me and European women were just due to the travel experience. Then I came to notice that even when I met students studying overseas from Europe that the spark was still there. When I approach European women, they are so much more inviting. They expect you to initiate, however, it is not like walking up to a wall of ice and having to chisel your way through to see what’s on the other side. I have noticed American women tend to be extremely distant.

Dating norms, so we want to be equal yet these remain?
Why am I still forced to pay for the dinner of a woman who constantly reminds me of her independent status? We are so confused on what to do when it comes to dating, we lose concentration of what’s most important, a connection. With European Women, the rules tend to be more set in stone. I feel like I am actually getting to know someone, rather than the feeling that I am making a business deal.

Materialistic, vapid, and misandrist attitudes. I cannot get over how materialistic and vapid American women can be. When it comes to music, TV, movies, and consumer consumption this becomes so evident. Most malls are dedicated to women. Macy's and Bloomingdale's often have levels dedicated to just women. The music industry’s most vapid and fake artists such as Britney Spears, Justin Beiber(teens I know), Keysha, all cater to the female market. The Hollywood industry is filled with Misandry. Movies depict male bashing and violence towards men as a joke. If these were switched and the same depicted towards women there would be uproar. I remember when I was a kid and watching Lorena Bobbitt on a talk show on CBS laughing about cutting her husband’s penis off. All the women in the crowd were laughing. If a man who has been hurt by a women and decides to cut off her clitoris, would he be on a talk show laughing about it?

The Divorce and Child custody laws here in the States are extremely bias, and so is the attitude of the women regarding them. This makes marriage look extremely unattractive.

Guys, with all these things in mind, would you rather meet a European Women over an American?

If there was an organization providing a system where you could meet college educated, sincere European Women would you take part in it for a small fee?

Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times
they already have many sites for mail order brides from europe, they are not all from russia or asia.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM

like I said, I made this post for adults. I knew the first response from many would be regarding mail order brides. Mail order brides is a sham. It is for greedy American men who want a trophy wife, and gold digging green card seeking European women. Just because I am tired of a negative social trend does not mean that I want to take part in this. I am talking about an organization of men and women who come together seeking one goal. Not a cheesy website filled with profiles regarding long walks on the beach.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Can you be more specific on which European women? Different countries have very different women.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:47 AM

Yes Cindy you are right. I get along best with Scandinavian women. French and Italian women are wonderful too, but I don't get along with too many men in those countries. The only European women that I really don't feel this way about are English women. They generally seem to have a lot of the same tendencies as American women.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:50 AM

83 posts, read 280,951 times
I was born and raised just outside of Montréal. I've been in the United States for 4 years, next month. I know not all women here are like that, but many have entitlement complexes, are self-absorbed, and want as much as possible while giving as little as possible.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:57 AM

Yes unfortunately, and NYC is home of "sex and the city" attitude. Mad Max, great movie!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:58 AM

228 posts, read 500,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I was born and raised just outside of Montréal. I've been in the United States for 4 years, next month. I know not all women here are like that, but many have entitlement complexes, are self-absorbed, and want as much as possible while giving as little as possible.
As though Canadian women are much different.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:03 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,927,861 times
Speaking as a European, I can't say I'm surprised if it's the case.

There seems to be a sense of "entitlement" which comes from many women on this board.
(Note, not all, so don't all take the hump !)

When I hear discussion on "rules" of dating, or how women expect to be approached, and treated during dating, I have to thank my lucky stars that I don't live in the USA !!!
If I did, I think I might be single for a good long time.

Things do seem to be a little more "relaxed" over here

Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Guys, with all these things in mind, would you rather meet a European Women over an American?
european, because they have hot accents and healthier lifestyles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships