Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 01:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
The thing is, I guarantee many of the American voters are actually female. And yes, maybe American women would rather have European men but many of the reasons would be shallow ones like their accents...

However, simply to want someone from a certain culture isn't enough. Americans aren't accepted everywhere is this world, however, the American man is accepted far over the American women. The American women isn't highly regarded around the world. Just do a google search and see for yourself....
Oh good grief!

We get it!!! You don't like American women! Guess what - we are not that fond of you either! I'm not shallow or materialistic. Actually, I'm a really nice person, very funny, hardworking, intelligent, and attractive. And guess what - I would never go for you! I didn't marry a millionaire. I'm not a gold digger. I married someone who is intelligent and can make me laugh. I married someone that actually loves women! He's not bitter. He doesn't whine all the time about how American women are evil. He's just a good person. As am I.

Go to Europe already or start your little "hook up with European women" business! And I hope you never ever ever date an American woman again!

Oh - and just for the record - I've been hit on in pretty much every country I've been to. Guess this American woman IS highly regarded around the world!

Old 06-22-2011, 02:37 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb Hello There Dewdrop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh good grief!

We get it!!! You don't like American women! Guess what - we are not that fond of you either! I'm not shallow or materialistic. Actually, I'm a really nice person, very funny, hardworking, intelligent, and attractive. And guess what - I would never go for you! I didn't marry a millionaire. I'm not a gold digger. I married someone who is intelligent and can make me laugh. I married someone that actually loves women! He's not bitter. He doesn't whine all the time about how American women are evil. He's just a good person. As am I.

Go to Europe already or start your little "hook up with European women" business! And I hope you never ever ever date an American woman again!

Oh - and just for the record - I've been hit on in pretty much every country I've been to. Guess this American woman IS highly regarded around the world!
It's the Captain a'-knockin' on your door, and kinda coming to your defense too...

This has gone on for almost 25 pages now, and in the words of that great Navy man, Popeye The Sailor: "That's all I can stands, and I can't stands NO MORE!!"

I'm gonna try not to violate the TOS here, but right about now, I ain't feeling like being nice or polite...so here goes...

Dewdrop, you or none of the other (American) ladies here should constantly be in a state of having to defend yourselves.

Moderator cut: personal attack

We totally understand that you don't like American women, or have been overdosing on a bunch of BS, long-winded articles, polls, and surveys, Moderator cut: personal attack, and therefore, according to your warped sensibilities, ALL American women sprung forth as full-grown, materialistic, superficial, ball-busting princesses from the loins of their father, who must surely be the devil)...

EHHHHT---wrong answer...the next boat/plane/jetski/donkey cart headed toward Europe and its' hordes of hot, subservient, undemanding women is leaving shortly...we'll all be glad to chip in and pay your fare (one way of course) as long as the end result is us no longer have to hear you-all on your favorite radio station, WLAB (Whine Like A Biaiazatch)...

What is my ultimate point here? It's startling in its' simplicity, so all you higher-intellect-than-us-clueless-American types will be able to get it right off the bat...you have the right to both your opinion and preferences, no one here is denying that...but the fun stops when you start tossing out snarky-a**, offhanded, childish, and generally freakin' ANNOYING brickbats at any American women who dare to question either you or your groundless BS accusations...

Quiet as it's kept, there are SCADS of American men, here on City Data and in the real world who LOVE them some American women...love 'em, date 'em, and even (gasp!!) MARRY 'em...do we always get along? No...is every day rose petals and peach ice cream? No again...but we DON'T waste time and internet space with page after page of putdowns either...that's called LIFE, and RELATIONSHIPS.

So, that's it, basically...I've said my piece...but know that I SAID what I said, I bloody MEANT what I said, and I stand behind it 100%...if there's a problem, and you want to discuss it intelligently, I say welcome...but for those of you who I know will try to swell-up and act bad and angry, well, tough...there's nothing you can do whatsoever about me or my opinions, except quit bellyaching about what's wrong with American women...end of narrative

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-23-2011 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Easy there, Cap'n, before you blow a gasket.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:41 PM

252 posts, read 555,464 times
Anyone new to this thread please catch up by reading my initial comments regarding social issues here in America and the catfish's responses. This is his 5th "that's it, I've said my piece" comment and he keeps on coming back with his comical narratives. I feel very bad for this individual, as right now I guarantee he is sitting back in his chair visualizing all the people he thinks are reading his witty but meaningless rants. Truth be told I doubt very few people care, and your not impressing anyone.

This thread was made to address certain social issues in America, some posters like the catfish are trying to turn it into something else. If an intelligent debate is what you want, than perhaps go back 20, 15, and even 10 pages and re-read my posts where I provided statistical and argumentative elements only to get childish responses from you.

Lets grab your hand 1 more time and walk you through my posts....

Are European Women easier to approach?
I said yes.....
You could debate this

Dating norms, so we want to be equal yet these remain?
Here I go into chivalry and how we as a society are so screwed up when it comes to what we want.
You could debate this.

Materialistic, vapid, and misandrist attitudes.
American women spend 44 Billion a year on clothes, men spend 8 billion. Department stores have entire levels dedicated to items just for women. Women have now taken the lead in consumer electronics.

I argued how hollywood further influences misandrist attitudes towards men while further blanketing women in protection. When women hit men in movies, its funny. However, how often do you see men beating women and everyone laughing about it?

You could debate this.

Divorce and child custody laws
I brought up how divorce and child custody laws are bias. I mentioned how men are often crippled due to unfair laws. 45% of the homeless are divorced single men, compared to only 14% of women.

You could debate this.

See catfish, I know it's not a debate that you want. I realize that people like you are so in love with your own words that you believe everyone else is too. But please realize, that coming on to someones thread and bitching about them bitching just makes you look like a tool. Oh.... wait you probably don't know what tool is do you....because your closing in on 60. And there is nothing wrong with being over the hill....unless your arguing with somebody about what its like in a young mans dating world......

Somebody get me a fillet knife.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Here is a photo of Rutgers University visiting Russia.

This is not at all atypical.

Here is a photo of Russian college girls.

They are not all models. Its just that there are no sweats and not that sedentary, chunky look. Obesity is very rare in this age group.

It really is incredible how difficult it is to find ordinary people, but I'd say its pretty representative.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,995,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

They are not all models. Its just that there are no sweats and not that sedentary, chunky look. Obesity is very rare in this age group.

It really is incredible how difficult it is to find ordinary people, but I'd say its pretty representative.
They are all pretty much ugly, I'd take the American girls

Quote:
Oh good grief!

We get it!

You have a happy marriage so quit posting it in every thread

This is a bad thing about people. They can't stop when they feel right. Just let it go. Nothing will change people's mind.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post

We get it!

You have a happy marriage so quit posting it in every thread

This is a bad thing about people. They can't stop when they feel right. Just let it go. Nothing will change people's mind.
First of all - I didn't say I had a happy marriage. I was simply saying that I'm not a gold digger and I didn't marry for shallow reasons.

And how about this - I'll stop saying that I have a happy marriage when men stop complaining about how there are no decent women and how marriage is a crock.

Geez - when will people realize that being bitter, whiney, and angry is simply not an attractive trait! A smile and a kind word will get you much farther than complaining!

Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,046 times
I agree. Besides, are the chicks at Abbey Winters considered European? You would not believe how difficult it is for some nice guys in the US to get chicks to tutor us in that fashion.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:01 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
Somebody get me a fillet knife.
Really? Just because you write words on a virtual page does not mean they comprise a rational argument. You would, to start, like to assign the actions of government bodies onto the behaviors and physiology of a gender. That's just crazy from where I sit. You would like to generalize the experiences of one person onto an entire gender...bigot anyone? You attempt to put forth a convoluted argument about buying tastes between the genders. As if an argument exists between purchasing a bra and an X-box. And you finally, as any clueless westerner would, compare reality to the boob tube. Bravo.

Here's the thing, captaincatfish apparently has ninny-radar and is focusing it where appropriate. It's entirely fine to cast a bit of light onto the shadows that hold aggravated and disappointed bigots. Not only is it entertaining, but the transparency is a good pop-psych 101 lesson for those interested.

I will disagree with him on one point- the whole you have a right to an opinion space. Um, no you don't and it's clearly rejected by many.*

*not that this has anything to do with European women. I love them euro gals.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Hi d-boy-80,

Sort of a pithy remark without an example of you own in a similar setting. I was looking for a realistic example which was not easy. There are certainly women in Russia who are no beauties. However few are ruined by fat or fashion.

What I find ridiculous is the attitude that people are the same everywhere as if Pashtun/Taliban is as good as Italy for an American blond. While there is more in common than appears on the surface, even our facial expressions differ. I could tell a group of Americans, Germans and Russian by that alone. Americans look sort of like clowns. Germans seem exceedingly serious. Russians look drugged at times. One thing I like was how easy it was to tell when a Russian liked you. Their smile seemed that much warmer after that contrast.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi d-boy-80,

Sort of a pithy remark without an example of you own in a similar setting. I was looking for a realistic example which was not easy. There are certainly women in Russia who are no beauties. However few are ruined by fat or fashion.

What I find ridiculous is the attitude that people are the same everywhere as if Pashtun/Taliban is as good as Italy for an American blond. While there is more in common than appears on the surface, even our facial expressions differ. I could tell a group of Americans, Germans and Russian by that alone. Americans look sort of like clowns. Germans seem exceedingly serious. Russians look drugged at times. One thing I like was how easy it was to tell when a Russian liked you. Their smile seemed that much warmer after that contrast.
One of my favorite colleagues (almost a friend) is a Russian scientist I had the joy to work and dine with. He really lived though it politically and his stories are fascinating. I'm not generalizing, of course, but give me an easy-going, street smart scientist any day and I'll probably be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships