Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:34 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,123,644 times

Advertisements

I'd be fine with it. I can respect a woman making the first move, major turn-on for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 06:41 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,919,224 times
I'd be pleased and turned on. However, I'd be sure to make the next move! This has only happened to me at a dance club one time.

To tell the truth, if it gets to the point where she kisses ME first on a date, I must have been delaying way too long.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:12 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Scenario: You're out on a date with a woman you've known for a while. After the date, you decide to take a walk through the park. She's kind of giving hints (brushing her hand on yours or touching your arm). Toward the end of the walk, you stop near the lake to talk. She moves in a bit closer and kisses you (on the mouth).

Would men find this too aggressive or a turn-off? Do men always want to make the first move (first kiss)?
I need some more information about this scenario. You're already out on a date. And you hint it's not a first date. So she finally got sick of you waiting to make a move at your tortoise pace, even though you admit she was sending up rescue flares, and now she's a brazen hussy for doing it? Did I miss anything?

Join the seminary!

Old 06-19-2011, 07:23 AM

869 posts, read 972,690 times
It depends on the woman who is attempting the kiss and in what manner it is attempted. There are things that a woman can do that are traditionally reserved for the man. However, if that line is crossed a woman will be judged by the manner in which she does them. If the woman mimicks masculine mannerisms in the process she will lose allure. If she does things in a feminine delicate manner which conveys femininity she will come accross as lovable-huggable, and cute. It all depends. A brazen unexpected wet kiss on the mouth is definitely not feminine. A quick shy peck on lips or the cheek is. The same applies to all other such gestures.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:31 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,188,037 times
Default Would men find this too aggressive...

Quote:
Scenario: You're out on a date with a woman you've known for a while. After the date, you decide to take a walk through the park. She's kind of giving hints (brushing her hand on yours or touching your arm). Toward the end of the walk, you stop near the lake to talk. She moves in a bit closer and kisses you (on the mouth).

Would men find this too aggressive or a turn-off? Do men always want to make the first move (first kiss)?
It all depends on what sort of relationship the woman (or man) wants. If she is fine with being a casual sexual fling or FWB, then making a first move like that is fine. However, if she is hoping to become his serious girlfriend with the potential for marriage, then I would think that move too aggressive. If sex is too much on her agenda, most guys would only consider a woman like that just a sexual partner, not a romantic one.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:30 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:

Well, considering the fact that I can't read "subtle" signals, I would actually find that just perfect.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:51 AM

83 posts, read 280,985 times
If he's attracted to her, she can do just about everything short of raping him. He won't be turned off.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:20 AM

330 posts, read 599,416 times
Some women know what they want. It would be a turn on for me. Men should make the first move, but women can do it too, if they want.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:42 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
See normally I'm in favor of men making the first move, yet with my SO it was me.

We had gotten along so well with our online correspondence, then are phone calls, and then our first date went on until we were kicked out, then we talked in the parking lot for an hour...... I was thinking "damn, what if all this is so great, and we wait for a kiss and it sucks??!!". And it was obvious he was nervous trying to decide... so I grabbed him by the lapels and gave him a whopper of a kiss.

He returned in kind, and later told me he was so nervous on deciding what to do and was so happy (ok, the terms he used were a little more explicit) that I did that. So far, so good.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:43 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
If he's attracted to her, she can do just about everything short of raping him. He won't be turned off.
That's kind of the bottom line, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships