Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 12:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

"I live alone in the woods..." I am getting such a "The Hills Have Eyes" vibe here. I mean what...you're stuck in there? "They" don't let you out occasionally?

ETA: Oh, sorry, I see now that the OP left his "cabin" to go get a drink...should have read the whole thread!

So okay, you crept out of your cabin on your weird moped and buzzed down to a pub, the only social outlet in miles, apparently...and you didn't immediately find a girl who wanted to have sex??? I don't believe it! (slapping own forehead) Yes, that was sarcasm.

Move out of the woods. Stop being such a weird mountain-man hermit. Choose to be near people. Women don't usually like a man who hides out and only comes creeping from his cabin if he's looking to "procure sex."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Okay, look...so why don't you move? If you live in such a literally and unrelentingly miserable place, why do you want to be there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
UPDATE:

I actually left my cabin tonight after this thread to stroll down by the local pub. Well, I managed to make it into the bar but before long the band of the night starting playing. I looked around the room and all I saw were old redneck folk, boozing and laughing it up. So, there I was, feeling totally out of place, but I decided anyway to persevere a bit longer to see if anything could make me feel further misplaced.

One of the rednecks (We'll call him Keith) offered to buy me a drink, as he saw me there looking indecisive about whether or not to drink anything. I told him I wasn't a big drinker and he looked upset, so I then told him "sure" and he got me a cup filled with what was on tap. I drink that and then tell him I need to step outside to make a phone call. Well, he follows me outside to where my moped was and hops on it! I asked him if he liked it, he says "yeah" and "smooth ride".

Soon enough I realize that he figured out my gesturing of how I needed to make a call was just a front to make an escape. Suddenly I begin to feel trapped and threatened. I tell him that I need to go but he wouldn't get off my moped. Then he starts taunting me "show me your penis" and other lewd remarks. I told him to "**** off" and he starts humping my moped. I say "gross". He sticks out his tongue at me and says "how is this, huh!?"

Finally he releases and walks back into the bar where I heard him proceed to say "this is how we keep riffraff out".

I want to cry now.

I don't even belong at the local pub, I am a pariah.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:13 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Two things:

1) Don't be ashamed of virginity. a) nobody knows whether you are or aren't b) it's nothing to be ashamed of anyways, virginity prior to marriage is a responsible decision

2) Don't just go to random bars, particularly if you aren't a drinker. I go to a bar for one reason, and one reason alone, to watch the St. Louis Rams, because I live in PA and don't have satellite TV. I don't drink, so other than watching a Rams game, there's no reason to go to a bar. Bars are notorioiusly bad places to meet people. That prevert probably noticed you because you were just sitting in that bar, staring at the wall, and not buying any drinks. That's odd behavior for a bar. Bars don't sound like they're the place for you.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:18 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay, look...so why don't you move? If you live in such a literally and unrelentingly miserable place, why do you want to be there?
Yeah. That too. Grin and bear it while you work long enough to put together some savings. Also, start assessing your ideas for a career change / job switch, start networking with old acquaintances, and start researching the job search. You can starting putting a ton of effort into that right now. It will keep you very busy during your off hours.

Based on this hard work, you can eventually get yourself into a position where you can get your butt out of this place that you hate.

You're only 24 years old. That's very young. Now is a good time to think about and start working on your future. I know you desperately want to have a girlfriend. I often feel the same way. But I'm 30, so I know you can survive the next 6 years without a girlfriend while you work to better your life and become happier.

Or, you can just take the leap, sell your posessions, get out, move to the big city, and look for work. You may become homeless, but hey, if you're that desperate and don't have the patience to do what I've outlined above, that's a risk you'd have to take.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:21 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,516 times
immediate sex?.....pine ave. in ocala

Old 07-02-2011, 10:01 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
This thread has grown pretty quickly in like an hour.

Where can you procure immediate sex?

Find a drill, and a tree. Drill a hole in the tree, go to town on the tree.

The best part of this is there's so many trees in the world, you'll never have to reuse one.
The Druids aren't gonna like this.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:07 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Go to the talk forums. and video chats there are many that are based for sex. Craigslist is easy for gay men but mostly spam for women. Other sites, X-tube, yuvutu.com are a couple I know of. jsut search you can find.

Or go to bars that has worked for centuries.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The Druids aren't gonna like this.
OMG!!!!!!!!! Can. Not. Stop. Laughing. +1

Old 07-03-2011, 03:57 AM

311 posts, read 694,184 times
Good luck finding immediate sex as a man without resorting to call girls.Let me know if you find it.It would be like finding a real unicorn.If you where a woman you would have no problem procuring immediate sex.Why do women feel men need to "invest" in them in order to have sex?With that attitude they are just stealth prostitutes.Why cant women be with a man because they enjoy each others company and enjoy sex?Women have all the power when it comes to dating and sex and it needs to be more even.Mabey if we had legal brothels in every good sized city and no stigma attached to it the need to pursue women would go down and then women would have to be a little more willing.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:01 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
Before anyone lashes out at me here, please hear me out. I am not a horndog one bit at all, but at 24 yo, living out in the sticks, without a chance to meet any nice girls for relationships, I think I might resort to quick one-night-stands to fill my intimacy void.

It might be easier for me to find sex than a girlfriend where I am, allowing me to least lose my virginity for once and have that aspect of a relationship off my mind. Any suggestions of places to go, methods to use - preferable as non sleazy as possible.
Craigslist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships