Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 01:54 PM

2,736 posts, read 2,798,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If anyone doubts the ability of a woman to do the sort of work that has traditionally been done by men it's worth considering the fact that the skill sets that a DIY woman has learned in projects around the house are also seen in the work force. I worked for the phone company for 30 years and during my career I saw a gradual change from jobs that were almost exclusively held by men in which women now make up a large percentage of the work force. A good example is a central office technician which requires a great deal of skill and training. These are blue collar, physically demanding jobs and there's no question based on my experience that the women I worked with were just as capable as the men. The days when a woman's career choices were limited to being a secretary, school teacher or a nurse are long gone and we're all better off because of it. So it's not surprising that women are capable of both DIY projects as well as demanding blue collar work.
That is all true except for this. Perhaps a burly lesbian would be capable. I don't know for sure. I've never even seen one of those try it. It's just too much. Their reply is usually..."oh God, I could never do that!" Honest? Maybe, but at least they actually saw what was involved before jumping to conclusions and making blind statements. It's a real mofo and anyone who thinks otherwise is uneducated on the subject.

Last edited by Midnight Rambler; 07-03-2011 at 02:12 PM..

Old 07-03-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
And we don't mean any harm either. Good thing you are manly. Men are supposed to be manly but that doesn't mean putting us down. If you are doing it for fun, be prepared to get all kinds of reactions.
It's for respect! I was put down first. Always remember that.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Darn, there I was trying to make some sort of social excuse for you and trying to teach you but now it becomes pretty clear that you're part of this ghastly new "entitled" generation. All becomes clear. Little insignificant man posing. Now it all makes sense. Thanks for the update. Nothing more to be offered from here!
Keep up the kind words lil' lady! Entitled my ass!!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:20 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Are the outlets n your rooms 3 prong grounded?

It's a good idea to use GFCI receptacles where applicable. How GFCI Receptacles Keep You Safe | Electrical | This Old House - 1
Most, not all IIRC. They're all over my basement as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Nobody is going to disagree with you here and nobody has told you these words about your occupation because nobody knows what you do. We are talking about changing a belt on a dryer for crying out loud.
Halleluiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
I don't live in the ghetto! In fact, I am a RURAL boy! That still doesn't change the fact you have to go into the city for work. What is so hard to understand about that?
Ok, so why is the ghetto in this conversation? Because you work in the city? Meh, I guess to a rural guy the city seems interesting and exciting. A lot of us grew up in the city and, for me at least, any kind of fascination was lost long ago. Frankly, I'll take rural any day over the city.
Quote:
Human Heart Location

In simplest terms, if you wish to know then it is located in the upper part of the body, on the left side of the chest. The exact location of human heart in chest is slight in left or middle of the chest, just behind the sternum and in front of the vertebral column.
What's the purpose of this? Any way, you should link when you copy/past.

Location of the Human Heart

Old 07-03-2011, 02:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
I don't mean any harm. I'm just too manly for ya girls! Know ya know!
Ok, you can have a gentle hand if needed. I don't want you to feel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
It depens on what planet ya come from.
You have two!

Quote:
No you were not. You said that you were insulted by female DIY'ers. That's you being insulted by you. hugs. There.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Most, not all IIRC. They're all over my basement as well.

Halleluiah

Ok, so why is the ghetto in this conversation? Because you work in the city? Meh, I guess to a rural guy the city seems interesting and exciting. A lot of us grew up in the city and, for me at least, any kind of fascination was lost long ago. Frankly, I'll take rural any day over the city.

What's the purpose of this? Any way, you should link when you copy/past.

Location of the Human Heart
Something civil Mr. Hawk and I were discussing. One hand is best when working on electricity. Right handed people are safer because it is a further path to ground away from your heart. Any electrician knows that. Why is the ghetto in this? Who do you think gets out of the truck when a hooker, drug dealer, gang bangers, muggers, gun shots and what have you is less than 100 feet away? Sometimes right on top of you. How about kicking the door in while you are in the basement. "Yo man, lemme get some money!" It's a little different than being locked up in your car all nice and safe at a stoplight waiting to hammer it if the situation would arise.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:29 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
A real gentleman (or hell, a real grown up) doesn't use this as an excuse for bad behavior.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Or we could talk about them watching/stalking you the whole time while you are working. Just waiting for you to leave to come back and rip you off. Who do you think circles back around the block? "Hey you...get the F outta here!!!!" They scatter like cockroaches. Could/can you do that? Something tells me many would not scare them. You'd get "jacked" fo sure!!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
A real gentleman (or hell, a real grown up) doesn't use this as an excuse for bad behavior.
Any MAN I know wouldn't put up with being neutered like that. You have a lot to learn about working men then. We don't hide under the bed!

Old 07-03-2011, 02:49 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,725,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If anyone doubts the ability of a woman to do the sort of work that has traditionally been done by men it's worth considering the fact that the skill sets that a DIY woman has learned in projects around the house are also seen in the work force. I worked for the phone company for 30 years and during my career I saw a gradual change from jobs that were almost exclusively held by men in which women now make up a large percentage of the work force. A good example is a central office technician which requires a great deal of skill and training. These are blue collar, physically demanding jobs and there's no question based on my experience that the women I worked with were just as capable as the men. The days when a woman's career choices were limited to being a secretary, school teacher or a nurse are long gone and we're all better off because of it. So it's not surprising that women are capable of both DIY projects as well as demanding blue collar work.

Hey, hey, HEY now!! I'm a NURSE too! LOL Incidentally, MR stated that people have commenting on his "job"...by saying, "I could NEVER do that." Well for goodness sake, I couldn't COUNT the times I've heard those words, concerning the nursing profession!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships