Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 09:41 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
He cleans fish and is always busy talking orders and looks very standoffish so how can I make conversation?
Ask him why he looks so serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 PM

406 posts, read 581,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
You'd be surprised. Game-playing is not particular to one gender. There's a reason there's a "pua" market. Both men and women play games.

PUA is for insecure little boys that got rejected a ton in the past, got bitter, and play games that only attract insecure women. You know deep down those guys are miserable. I saw that Dr. Phil episode with Paul Janka on it. That guy kept the same tone the entire episode and didn't so much as smile. Those guys are miserable.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:43 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,553,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Ask him why he looks so serious.

Or better yet, say it with a lisp like the joker in that movie "The Dark Knight".

If he doesn't respond at first, give it like 6 hours. It takes guys a long time to figure stuff out. It's because they are dumb. It takes 6 hours to a week to figure out a girl is flirting if the guy isn't a giggolo **** type.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:44 PM

406 posts, read 581,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
But on second thought, I may have to disagree with this stereotype, because there is one guy on this forum who's said he's gone on "practice dates" with women he wasn't interested in.

Now, I know that I wouldn't play games, and I personally don't know of any guys who play games, but I don't think it's right to say that all men don't play games. I'm sure some do.

Of course some do, but guys generally aren't insecure by nature(at least not outwardly), so there's no reason to do it. Women on the other hand, are grossly insecure for the most part.

And the guy that went on practice dates is a moron.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:47 PM

946 posts, read 2,919,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
PUA is for insecure little boys that got rejected a ton in the past, got bitter, and play games that only attract insecure women. You know deep down those guys are miserable. I saw that Dr. Phil episode with Paul Janka on it. That guy kept the same tone the entire episode and didn't so much as smile. Those guys are miserable.
Correct, but it's not only the ones who use pua techniques. There's all kinds of game playing, for example: I'm not going to call her right away, I'm not going to show too much interest, I'm not going to answer her text right now., etc. Anything that goes against your true feelings and intentions is game playing.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:49 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,959 times
He cleans fish all day? I'd look kind of stand offish too. Besides looks, why do you like this guy?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Guy's train of thought:

Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Woman walks up.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Woman asks, "Y so serious"?
Cleaning fish.
Woman walks away.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.

Later at night:
Thinking of women.
Thinking of women.
Hey that woman sounded like Heath Ledger form that movie I liked.
She's kinda hot.

Then the next day or a week later, do a Broke Back mountain impression.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Correct, but it's not only the ones who use pua techniques. There's all kinds of game playing, for example: I'm not going to call her right away, I'm not going to show too much interest, I'm not going to answer her text right now., etc. Anything that goes against your true feelings and intentions is game playing.

Sorry, but when those pick up artists got on Oprah, exposed themselves and women still swooned over them for having a girl for every day of the week it didn't help much.

Anytime a guy calls right away, shows genuine interest, or answers that text, he risks ending up single again.

Women make the relationship magazine articles, men just catch up on it a year later.

Just look at me and the person on facebook who told my friend I was stalking her.

Too much interest.

Yet, when I met her for sushi and told her I was just going to see her one time before going into the Military, she actually wanted to see me again.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Guy's train of thought:

Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Woman walks up.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Woman asks, "Y so serious"?
Cleaning fish.
Woman walks away.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.
Cleaning fish.

Later at night:
Thinking of women.
Thinking of women.
Hey that woman sounded like Heath Ledger form that movie I liked.
She's kinda hot.

Then the next day or a week later, do a Broke Back mountain impression.

Um ... if he thinks she's hot, I don't think it's going to take him that long to remember that. Guys notice attractive women right away. It doesn't take 6 hours and "Heath Ledger" for him to notice her. Maybe when she orders a fish, she could make some kind of inane comment like, "it must be tough to work so hard in this weather " and then when he looks up at her, give him her best smile. Guys like flirty comments. They like flirty compliments.

You make it sound like we guys are incapable of "multitasking" our brains. We aren't dumb cavemen, unless we're in Geico commercials.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:00 PM

946 posts, read 2,919,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Sorry, but when those pick up artists got on Oprah, exposed themselves and women still swooned over them for having a girl for every day of the week it didn't help much.

Anytime a guy calls right away, shows genuine interest, or answers that text, he risks ending up single again.

Women make the relationship magazine articles, men just catch up on it a year later.

Just look at me and the person on facebook who told my friend I was stalking her.

Too much interest.
If someone's going to be put off for you showing genuine interest or calling right away, she's not someone worth getting to know. There are girls out there who are mature enough not to fall for those "bad boy" games. Anyway, I'm not here to debate about that, I just want it to be acknowledged that both men AND women play games. You can't attribute it to just one sex when it's something that's common to both sexes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships