Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 06:45 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h886 View Post
Sorry this happened! (And I'm sorry for his GF too.) My guess is this is kind of his persona, maybe even one that he exaggerates a little in order to encourage women to take his class. If you feel creepy about it (I probably would), maybe see if there's another class so you don't have to run into him. That would kind of spoil it for me to have to stare at him and feel annoyed that his behavior had been kind of jerky.
Yeah, I feel bad for the girlfriend. If I was in her shoes, I'd feel horrible. Unless of course they have an understanding... I don't know.

His class is the only one in the evenings, so there's no other alternative for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Him flirting with you while he had a girlfriend wasn't a turn off? That would of killed any crush I had dead in its tracks. Man pigs are not hot. They are pathetic.
I just found out about the girlfriend yesterday and when I did, I experienced a multitude of emotions. Mortification, anger, disappointment and a mini-heart break lol. Like I was living an illusion all this while... which I was.

Anywhoo, lesson learned. Never take personal trainers seriously. Just focus on your work out.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post

I was very glad that I'm not the type to ask men out, I'd have been embarrassed.

Then I felt incredibly mortified. If I'd known dude was taken, I'd NEVER, EVER have smiled back at him
A lot of young women do this all the time. They do it for attention to feed their ego. They call it "flirting" and think there is nothing wrong with innocent flirting. Guys are supposed to "man up" and take the rejection and be embarrassed all the time.

I think it can be hurtful when you flirt and have no intentions of being with that person as you just experienced. It is wrong to play with people's feelings. You never know how a person feels inside or what kind of past they had. They can be vunerable and you are playing with their head.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Anyway, anyone ever been in a similar position. Ever had a crush on someone that was taken, knowingly or unknowingly. How did you fare?
Alternatively, what's the fastest way to get rid of a crush?
In this case I would think about being his girlfriend and him flirting with another patron this way. Instant null crush.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
A lot of young women do this all the time. They do it for attention to feed their ego. They call it "flirting" and think there is nothing wrong with innocent flirting. Guys are supposed to "man up" and take the rejection and be embarrassed all the time.

I think it can be hurtful when you flirt and have no intentions of being with that person as you just experienced. It is wrong to play with people's feelings. You never know how a person feels inside or what kind of past they had. They can be vunerable and you are playing with their head.
You are very correct. People should not be playing with other people's feelings. I thought he was available, not knowing he was very taken.
I think I need to remind myself that people don't always have the same moral/value code that I have. I wouldn't do that if I was taken, but he obviously does not share that value.

Anyway lesson learned. At least I still have my dignity. Didn't make a fool of myself.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In this case I would think about being his girlfriend and him flirting with another patron this way. Instant null crush.
Lol. I mean I felt really upset yesterday when I found out he had a girlfriend. I was livid and also embarrassed because I actually fancied dude. However, I am a person who can act a certain way, despite her feelings.

It's all professional from here on baby, despite how I feel about him. It's just painful because he was/is just so FINE.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Do guys flirt for the same reasons, then?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I dont know about everyone else, but honestly I sometimes will flirt and not even realize it. It doesn't feed my ego or anything, it's just how I speak to women at times.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:53 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know, I don't date men. What's been your experience?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
I don't know, I don't date men. What's been your experience?
I'm not a man...so I really don't know! My experience is that I've been flirted with about a bajillion times, sometimes as a leadup to asking for a date, sometimes not. (shrug) Not exactly revealing stuff, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships