Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times

Advertisements

A part of me thinks these questions on threads like this are created by someone with time to burn but I'll give you advise on a plan of action to get a guy and also keep yourself strong for yourself.

1~ build yourself up so you are financially independent so you don't need a guy. You, know, be able to afford your own place and bills and better to not have a kid because that will make it harder to do. That way if he turns into a jerk you don't need him.

2~ involve yourself in things you like to do and just go out and have fun that way life doesn't have to revolve around not having a guy and you won't sit around in depression if you don't have a boyfriend. You should develop a motto of life is awesome just because it is awesome and I want to live and experience it.

3~ refering back to #2 by going out and being active will lead to meeting people and maybe getting your boyfriend

4~ hopefully all that will develop your mindset into when you do get your boyfriend "life is great with you but life would be good without you if it happens" You don't tell him or her that but it means you like yourself, you then in turn show affection and respect to your special other and it will show through.

5~ Love doesn't always go as planned it will hurt if it doesn't but fall back on yourself and new doors will open up.

A chick that has got her stuff together like that will gain my long term interest besides the fact of her looks and sexual nature which is important also no doubt.

I don't know to many chicks who have got their stuff together like that unfortunately be they 20 or 45 years old.

Show affection to him, allow him to express it back. And see where it goes

Old 07-19-2011, 10:37 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
To answer the OPs question, I know there ARE GUYS out there, who actually like it when a girl plays hard to that. It depends mostly on their culture, upbringing and personality. African guys & Latino guys for the most part. Not playing hard to get and easily agreeing to their request to date will be a turn-off. They want a challenge and enjoy the thrill of the chase. There are also guys in the U.S. (not in this thread obviously ) who appreciate girls they had to "work for". A girl who is easy and agreeable, will be seen as a doormat. A prize easily obtained, is not typically treasured as something that you obtained through blood, sweat and tears.

But I also want to add that the OP's list of what she calls hard to get, is not really that, it's actually just plain rudeness. A girl who's really hard to get won't be rude, she'd just be hard to pin down, have a life and not seem desperately eager to have the guy in her life. I should know, I am one. But there is a balance. You do it too much and too long and even the most determined guy will leave
Wait. You criticize the OP and the guys on here who agree with you? How do you define playing hard to get?

Am I the only one confused by this post?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:00 AM

859 posts, read 2,829,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
22, huh? Aren't you a bit too grown to be playing that childish game?

Men aren't like those stupid teen dramas you've seen and read about. Grow up.
Nope... Most women play games well into their thirties. The whole notion that women mature faster then guys is a joke.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:15 AM

550 posts, read 604,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post
Nope... Most women play games well into their thirties. The whole notion that women mature faster then guys is a joke.
Such a true statement. Men embrace our youth. Women want to be involved in "grown-up" things before they are ready. It's ironic how girls want to grown up so fast but when they do they become sensitive about their age.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sKid View Post
Such a true statement. Men embrace our youth. Women want to be involved in "grown-up" things before they are ready. It's ironic how girls want to grown up so fast but when they do they become sensitive about their age.
That's because older men are treated with more respect than older women.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:37 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
Im not trying to be fake but just protecting my feelings what is so wrong about trying to see if a guy is worthy of your time?
There are many other ways to see if a guy is worth your time than making yourself look like a jerk. Protecting you feelings shouldn't go so far that you create a situation that makes a recipe to totally avoid them. If you are looking for a pain free life it just doesn't happen. Get knocked down, just get back up.

Try looking at:
-Pay attention to what he does.
-How he treats his friends.
-How long he has friends.
-How he treats his belongings.
-How he treats his family.
-How he treats his enemies.
-How he treats himself.
-How he acts when angry (at something else other than you).

Also looking at shared values on sex, money, religion and politics.

Guys can say a lot so really focus on his other actions. Words can be empty but even false ones give you a clue to who he is.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:47 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
Quote:
1. Avoiding eye contact- everytime he looks at me I look away
2.Whenever he calls or txt I ignore and take long to reply
3.Tell him I want to hang then cancel plans with them
4. Pretend that I am not interested in anything he says
5. Bring my friends whenever we meet up
6. Talk about other men when I'm around him
I bet if someone asked you what you would do if a guy you didnt like was trying to get with you, you would say:

4. Not Pretend that I am not interested in anything he says

see where i'm going with this?...whether you like a guy or not..you probably act the same way, so its no wonder you can't hold the interest of a guy you do like

Last edited by darrensmooth; 07-20-2011 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
4. Pretend that I am not interested in anything he says

Hi miamisweetheart,

Wow, this projection goes beyond the more typical page boy haircut. You'd think boy would be a hint but not in the George Jettson world of gender equal-ism that is a thin veneer over basic stupidity . This stuff looks like it was cut and pasted from a PUA site...for men.

All that stuff works for men only its known as aloofness. Its an abysmal failure when women do any of this. I'd explain why but...

Old 07-20-2011, 09:12 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi miamisweetheart,

Wow, this projection goes beyond the more typical page boy haircut. You'd think boy would be a hint but not in the George Jettson world of gender equal-ism that is a thin veneer over basic stupidity . This stuff looks like it was cut and pasted from a PUA site...for men.

All that stuff works for men only its known as aloofness. Its an abysmal failure when women do any of this. I'd explain why but...
It is far more cold and calculating than anything a "PUA" would do.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:12 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi miamisweetheart,

Huh, that's a great point. Spot on, gwyn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships