Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:24 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times

Advertisements

Texting is good to relax your voice and it requires the less amount of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
I don't text much anymore.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:40 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
So all my guy friends dont text. And I have one female friend. I usually talk to my female friend. But I get kind of sick of just talking to that one person. Should I just keep talking to that one friend?
I text my brother because talking on the phone will wake his kids. So it's a practical matter. Other than that, I don't text anyone else.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 AM

581 posts, read 1,244,347 times
Come to think of it, my best friend and I dont text each other. He might send me a short message because he wasnt sure if I could pick up the phone at that particular time. If I am free, i usually call back.

My other friend that I am cool with will text since we are co workers and we cant talk on phone at work.

In general however, I don't like texting men.

Girls on the other hand...I text them all. Just easier to make things up as girls are more emotional and like to ask too many questions.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
I text all the time. It's easier to plan stuff with people via texting. They can send you the name of a location to meet up, and in one tap, you can get the phone number/address if that place..... another tap you can map it so you know where it is. Another tap, you get the menu. Another tap, you can forward all that info to another friend. It's just easier.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:56 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Doesn't answer my question. The guy has friends. Even better, he has friends that actually like to TALK rather than text. He can't speak? Sounds like a pretty strange person if they prefer to text someone, rather than carry on a real conversation. Kind of a social dropout. That's not how you make friends.
The world has changed for the worse where communication is concerned. I consider myself very fortunate that MOST of my friends are talkers and not texters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Yeah my friends like to talk in person.
Weird, eh? I mean, seriously, talking instead of texting? I guess that's why monkeys evolved with opposable thumbs so that eventually the human race would be equipped with agile fingers designed for texting. Vocal cords - soon to be redundant, I suppose. No wonder all those aliens in futuristic sci-fi movies have electronic-speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
At work and bored? Ha..sorry, that simply doesn't happen in my world. And if it was, texting would be the last thing on my mind.
I had a bartender who started this texting BS on the job when he could have been wiping down some glassware or otherwise doing something constructive when he was on my dime. Seems he didn't really believe I was serious the first time I told him to stop. When I told him that if he didn't put the darned thing away I'd shove it up where the sun don't shine he got the (untexted) message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Texting is good to relax your voice and it requires the less amount of work.
I tell you, the voice is such a tiresome thing to use. The poor jaws start aching, the throat gets hoarse. Much better to eventually get carpal tunnel syndrome from over-texting.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:03 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
I text a lot. I'm not really a phone person; so text messaging is a great alternative for me to communicate with others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships