Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
no offense to anybody here but speaking as someone who never boarded the sex express, the love boat, or experienced anything related to love, sex and relationships for almost 25 years.. why do people who been there, done that etc get all moody and upset because they haven't had any in 3 days or they haven't been in a relationship or haven't found somebody for like a month? they act as if the world is ending or something. i mean... you don't masturbate or anything like that? is it really that serious? i mean.... being single and not having sex isn't as bad as people make it out to be but then again, i can only speak for myself. really though, there's more important things in life to worry about then that. i know that for a fact because i have a lot of things i need to get out the way before i worry about that. hell... by the time everything is said and done, i'm trying to chill somewhere in hawaii or the cayman islands or whatever. not really worried about getting laid.

i mean... if you're one of those people, try being a virgin for 25 years before you cry about not having any for a day or two. man up.
I can't speak for anyone except myself, but it isn't about the sex...it's so much more than that and if you haven't experienced it, it's hard to explain.

It really is more about the intimacy, the personal connection and sharing yourself with that other person. You know when they look into your eyes they can see inside your soul. When they touch you and hold you, you feel enveloped within them...I don't know...I guess you'd have to experience it for yourself before you dismiss it.

I'd shrivel up and die if I didn't have that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 06:31 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
yeah, i know but people act they're going to die if they don't get sex or get in a relationship. like seriously, that's what you live for? i mean.... as long as you have some money to your name, a roof over your head and you're in good health, you're good. sex is NOTHING. it's like everybody puts a huge importance towards sex and love and all that stuff when it's not even that serious.
Very interestin.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post

It really is more about the intimacy, .
Whats intimacy?

Old 08-09-2011, 09:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
I can't speak for anyone except myself, but it isn't about the sex...it's so much more than that and if you haven't experienced it, it's hard to explain.

It really is more about the intimacy, the personal connection and sharing yourself with that other person. You know when they look into your eyes they can see inside your soul. When they touch you and hold you, you feel enveloped within them...I don't know...I guess you'd have to experience it for yourself before you dismiss it.

this, pretty much

it's like a drug. once you experience it (not sex necessarily but love) it's hard to go for a very long period of time without it. just look at some of the posts on here, mine included, to see what that does to a person.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
it's like a drug. once you experience it (not sex necessarily but love) it's hard to go for a very long period of time without it. just look at some of the posts on here, mine included, to see what that does to a person.
On the other hand, even hard-core druggies can hit rock bottom and quit! Not that I recommend it to you... You have your dues to pay!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:28 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:

This mirrors my thoughts. Sex is great, but I can probably survive without it. Even if I hang out with my friends a lot, if I haven't had the closeness with someone special in a long time I can get lonely.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
It really is more about the intimacy, the personal connection and sharing yourself with that other person.
Well, that I agree with, but sex alone has never done it for me and never will.

As you can see, many of us have not shriveled and died, though!

Old 08-10-2011, 03:43 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
OP you really have no reason to comment on these subjects because you know nothing about them. Until you have expierenced one or the other or both, you have no clue. Not trying to a bytch. It's just the truth

Old 08-10-2011, 05:02 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
As long as YOU are happy with it, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it as far as I am concerned. The problem is society expecting us all to behave like one minded clones and pushing us to have the same personality, desires and requirements of life.

I personally am happier in a relationship and having sex but I realise we are all different and have different needs. I suspect I would be a lot happier to be single if I had not found my ideal life companion though. I have never understood this constant pressure to conform to a certain stereotype.

If someone is genuinely happy and fulfilled being single and chaste then what is the big deal ? If there is no urge there , then why should it be a problem.

Some of us pine for love and sex, others do not. Different strokes for different people. I often think the world might be a much better place if we stop trying to project our own ideas onto others. Live and let live.

If sex and being in a relationship is the only thing life as a human being is about then I think we have bigger problems to be honest. Both of those things are fantastic for some of us but not everyone, we are not all alike and there are many ways to lead fulfilling , useful and active lives without nookie or marriage. Hopefully we humans about about a little more than those things. Though seeing the way some people seem to base their entire lives around sex I am sadly not so sure...

Most human beings need to connect with others but what form it takes can be extremely varied, be it friendship, love, social activism and involvement etc....

I think far too many people get pressurised into relationships, marriage when they are not suited to it and also sex of course which is not for everyone.

Who are we to tell people how to lead their lives and how they should feel or interact with others ? As long as it does not harm why does it matter ?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
no offense to anybody here but speaking as someone who never boarded the sex express, the love boat, or experienced anything related to love, sex and relationships for almost 25 years.. why do people who been there, done that etc get all moody and upset because they haven't had any in 3 days or they haven't been in a relationship or haven't found somebody for like a month?
regular sex has an effect on body and brain chemistry, sort of like pharmaceuticals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships