Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:25 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Okay... So you don't like shy people... That's fine. But if it's her loss - why did you start a thread about it? Are you trying to warn people not to be shy? There is someone out there for everyone. It doesn't sound like you guys would have been a good match anyway - maybe nobody really lost out in this situation.

The topic isn't about shyness. It's about aloofness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 01:27 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
What a one sided story. Perhaps she thought that you were talking to everyone else and ignoring her? I don't understand why people never slip on someone else's shoes.

I have a friend who does this and it makes me crazy. She says "if he wants to talk to me, he will," and I have to remind her that he might be thinking the same thing. So stupid.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
What a one sided story. Perhaps she thought that you were talking to everyone else and ignoring her? I don't understand why people never slip on someone else's shoes.

I have a friend who does this and it makes me crazy. She says "if he wants to talk to me, he will," and I have to remind her that he might be thinking the same thing. So stupid.

I kept to myself for the most part. I didn't treat her any differently.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:37 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I kept to myself for the most part. I didn't treat her any differently.
Sounds like you were acting aloof.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Sounds like you were acting aloof.

I wasn't the one with the crush, though.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
You're the one still remembering it and posting a thread, though!

Old 08-21-2011, 01:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Yes...

(I kind of suspected the joke wouldn't go over very well. )

Old 08-21-2011, 01:41 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,677 times
Quote:
I'm not angry. It is her loss. Shyness isn't an excuse.
You're saying you're not angry, but you keep saying it's "her loss". Were you also crushing on her? Are you upset you missed out on a chance to date her because of her "aloofness"? If you were indifferent, you wouldn't care.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:42 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
You started it about aloofness and everyone here is trying to tell you that maybe she wasn't aloof at all, but shy. That would be my bet too--I have a quietly outgoing kind of personality but when I get a crush on a man, I clam up and can't even look him in the eye. It's completely involuntary. So why do you assume that she's shutting you out on purpose? If you liked her, you ought to be calling her right now but if you're that intolerant of people's personality traits then I agree with Dewdrop who said you guys would be a poor match.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I think my point and the point of spinx - is that you have no idea if she was shy, aloof, stuck up, etc. And just because you had no interest in her - it doesn't mean that someone else won't feel differently. You have interpreted her behavior as meaning that she was acting aloof - and that you wrote her off as being stuck up. That is your interpretation. To me - it seems like maybe she is just really shy. And once again - it sounds like the two of you would not have made a good match anyway - so maybe nobody lost out at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships