Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 04:34 PM

6 posts, read 21,246 times

Advertisements

Guys/Girls: I would like to ask your honest opinion...This guy I work with started a few months ago...I was always kind and friendly to him, never flirty...Now, since day 1, the guy sent me signals of interest, asking personal questions, wanting to know about my immediate family, winking, subtle touching ..(shoulder only of course), and always trying to suggest to go out with him. He asked me my e-mail, I gave it to him. He e-mailed me almost every day, with a friendly/flirty tone...I was kind of ignoring his suggestions, but then decided to give him a chance. I said yes to go out with him to have some coffee...Now, he said he had something to do the day that I suggested, so we rescheduled...he stood me up...texted me like nothing happened... what's up with him????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 04:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desgra28 View Post
Guys/Girls: I would like to ask your honest opinion...This guy I work with started a few months ago...I was always kind and friendly to him, never flirty...Now, since day 1, the guy sent me signals of interest, asking personal questions, wanting to know about my immediate family, winking, subtle touching ..(shoulder only of course), and always trying to suggest to go out with him. He asked me my e-mail, I gave it to him. He e-mailed me almost every day, with a friendly/flirty tone...I was kind of ignoring his suggestions, but then decided to give him a chance. I said yes to go out with him to have some coffee...Now, he said he had something to do the day that I suggested, so we rescheduled...he stood me up...texted me like nothing happened... what's up with him????
Sounds like he's playing you a bit.

I wouldn't bother anymore with that one.

Old 08-29-2011, 04:58 PM

46 posts, read 120,026 times
Maybe he wanted payback for you ignoring his suggestions.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 PM

6 posts, read 21,246 times
If he wanted payback it means he doesn't care about me ..I guess.. Men role is to try to court a girl, and if he is truly interested he should show it by being consistent... this guy is a bit older than me..may be he was playing...why???

Old 08-29-2011, 05:14 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeyourTime View Post
Maybe he wanted payback for you ignoring his suggestions.
That would make him a game player and a moron IMO.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:14 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Quote:
If he wanted payback it means he doesn't care about me ..I guess.. Men role is to try to court a girl, and if he is truly interested he should show it by being consistent... this guy is a bit older than me..may be he was playing...why???

I'm sorry honey, but you're about to get swarmed by many angry and bitter men on this forum.

I'm just warning you.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:16 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,972,617 times
Quote:
Men role is to try to court a girl
Is it now? Do you date often?

It certainly wasn't nice of him to stand you up. I'd at least see if he had a reason before pulling up the anchor. Maybe something legit came up. If he blows you off, he's not interested. There's really no need to know why since this was never really a relationship to begin with. Just be happy it wasn't five years into the relationship that he did this to you.

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
Why not ask him what happened with the coffee date?

46 posts, read 120,026 times
Quote:
Could be a million reasons.

He got sick
He just wanted to see if you would want him (ego boost)
Payback as I said before
Doesn't know how to court a lady
Immature
Changed his mind
Is a flaky person
Social awkward (he doesn't know what to do now that he has your attention)

Unless you ask him your not going to know honestly.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,389,656 times
I just find it interesting that a girl who was annoyed by a guy being persistent and going out of her way to say how she wasn't really interested but gave in just for the sake and set up a date is out of her mind thinking about the guy because the said guy supposedly stood her up.

So what if he had showed up on time with flowers and compliments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships