Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

I've never done drugs of any kind (except the prescription kind, and even those I don't like to take).

It has nothing to do with inaccesability or being all high and mighty, I just am a control freak. Not so much with other people, but I like to be in control of myself. I hate to get lost, don't like elevators, don't like it when someone tries to literally pick me up, won't fly (won't go on a train either), prefer to be the driver, hate to be knocked out for surgery....etc.

If I'm not in control of myself I get anxious.

I do like wine but I know my limits and in all my years only got ****-faced once, and that was very recently. Never again!

Old 10-10-2011, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Just a quick question for y'all before I start drinkin'.

Is it weird that I actually like watching romantic comedies at the movie theater by myself? I feel kinda lame about it but I have nothing better to do, and it's a pleasant (but temporary) escape from reality...
Nah, not weird...I like to escape reality too sometimes.

BTW...this looks good:

One for the Money (2012) Movie

I've read all the books and this movie has been in the works for a long time. The books have a bit of action, comedy and romance in them.

I plan to see this by myself when it comes out. Nobody else in my circle will appreciate it like I do.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:45 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Yeah, because we all know weed is pandemic in the ghetto, right? I mean, where else would you find habits like that?

You felt cheapened because you helped support that junkie's death wish?

People, people ... wake up, please ... you're being raked over the coals by your government, you're being outright lied to and hypnotized by the media, you're supporting the eventual depletion of natural resources by driving your shiny cars all over the country and heating your over-sized homes, you're working for people who don't give a rat's ass about you or your future, you're ingesting God-knows-what in your food that is being constantly price-hiked, you're being invaded by illegal aliens and being told it's OK ...

... and you're worried about POT?!?

You're talking every night here about drinking and stuffing your faces, and you're going to slam something that has been proven to have less deleterious effects than alcohol and certainly less calories than these dinners you're talking about?

Seriously
?!?
Love this post I've never smoked, but I'm fine w/ people that choose to. Seriously I hope the words of wisdom you put here do make people think

Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Nah, not weird...I like to escape reality too sometimes.

BTW...this looks good:

One for the Money (2012) Movie

I've read all the books and this movie has been in the works for a long time. The books have a bit of action, comedy and romance in them.

I plan to see this by myself when it comes out. Nobody else in my circle will appreciate it like I do.
Also in this movie, Sherri Shepherd, hosts 'The Newly Wed' game on GSN. . It's a pretty FUnny show.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:49 AM

When i lived in a city we used to go drinking pretty regular at a neighborhood bar, my friend owned. We had some good times. Many of us were like a big family. We had pool tourneys, shuffleboard, darts, horseshoes out back, BBQs. Watched all the Big Games, had football pool's. Rolled dice for beer's.
Some of the folks smoked weed, but we didn't.

Since we moved here over four lustrum ago, out in the boonies on the side of a beautiful, forested mountain, i don't drink much anymore. There is no stress here.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Thank you all! I am looking forward to the future and all it may hold.

When y'all get to Vegas, tell Landau Eugene Murphy, Hawk sent ya...

Old 10-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When y'all get to Vegas, tell Landau Eugene Murphy, Hawk sent ya...

He is such a good singer, love his style too! I'm so glad he won

Old 10-10-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
He is such a good singer, love his style too! I'm so glad he won
Yep, Landau impressed me much more then the two singers who won last two years.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:41 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I'm guilty of this: "from another thread"

In the middle of European winter, my hubby would bunch me up heavily until only slits for eyes showed, then take me for a barbecue picnic to some secluded frozen pond with a pocket flask of vodka and smoke for warmth and relaxation....
Lol. He sounds sweet.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Lol. He sounds sweet.

Sounds like a friendly Cossack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships