Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 04:18 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,524 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's me, but a lot of overweight women I've seen are into thin guys. I'm 6'2" 175-180. I mostly an ectomorph(long arms, legs, and neck), but also have a mesmorph trait(wide shoulders/slim waist). Almost every overweight woman I've seen is into thin guys(whether or not they get them is for another thread).

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same thing where they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 04:20 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Maybe it's me, but a lot of overweight women I've seen are into thin guys. I'm 6'2" 175-180. I mostly an ectomorph(long arms, legs, and neck), but also have a mesmorph trait(wide shoulders/slim waist). Almost every overweight woman I've seen is into thin guys(whether or not they get them is for another thread).

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same thing where they are.
And overweight men into thin women. In general thin IS considered more attractive, so I don't see the surprise.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And overweight men into thin women. In general thin IS considered more attractive, so I don't see the surprise.

I suppose, but I hear people putting down thin people all the time.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I suppose, but I hear people putting down thin people all the time.
For a guy, you are what I would consider skinny. And as muscle weighs more, I would guess not much muscle.

But if someone is considered good looking there is much more leeway, especially to the skinny side of the line. Especially if proportionate as you describe yourself.

I spent most of my life at the 100 lb mark, which made me border on almost boyish, and while I was considered skinny, as girl it didn't make much difference.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
For a guy, you are what I would consider skinny. And as muscle weighs more, I would guess not much muscle.

The only reason I weigh that much is because of lean muscle. I was a 6'1" 155 lb quarterback in high school. That was prior to weight lifting. If I didn't weight lift, I'd probably only be 160 today.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:51 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:
Interesting. My "ex-boyfriend" was 5'11 at 200 lbs. He didn't look overweight but he was. Now he's probably 185? My ex-boyfriend from freshmen year in high school was 5'11 but I'm unsure about his weight. He was a basketball player and a "model" (he told me that he worked as a model). I'm guessing 165?

Old 09-10-2011, 04:55 PM

530 posts, read 779,884 times
Ok maybe some overweight women are into thin guys, but generally society is telling skinny people that they should not like overweight women because it's unhealthy and not pretty.

However(there's always a however), many believe big girls are way more friendly and caring. And they also believe big girls are much sexier than a skinny woman because they think they are all that and that everyone should buy their way into their pants. Observations 101.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:59 PM

24 posts, read 120,336 times
Here's what I've learned:

Physical attractiveness matters, but it's not everything. Attitude matters the most.

People come in all shapes and sizes. And that's great, 'cause the world would be pretty boring if we all looked the same.

People like *all* sorts of things. You name it, there's somebody out there who likes it. What turns your crank may be a turn-off to the next guy (or gal). OTOH, what may be unattractive to you may be very attractive to someone else. Big girls with skinny guys? Sure! Big guys with skinny girls? Of course! Big girls with big guys? You betcha! Skinny guys with skinny girls? Yup! It all happens all the time, every day.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Interesting. My "ex-boyfriend" was 5'11 at 200 lbs. He didn't look overweight but he was. Now he's probably 185? My ex-boyfriend from freshmen year in high school was 5'11 but I'm unsure about his weight. He was a basketball player and a "model" (he told me that he worked as a model). I'm guessing 165?
Its weird. My SO is 5'8 and 180, which sounds like a porker, and that's not even close. He is in excellent physical condition without being insanely overdeveloped/no neck/can't put arms down.

He has to pass physical fitness test at both his jobs for strength and like a 13 min 3mile run. I think it really depends on the individual.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:03 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning Everyday View Post
Here's what I've learned:

Physical attractiveness matters, but it's not everything. Attitude matters the most.

People come in all shapes and sizes. And that's great, 'cause the world would be pretty boring if we all looked the same.

People like *all* sorts of things. You name it, there's somebody out there who likes it. What turns your crank may be a turn-off to the next guy (or gal). OTOH, what may be unattractive to you may be very attractive to someone else. Big girls with skinny guys? Sure! Big guys with skinny girls? Of course! Big girls with big guys? You betcha! Skinny guys with skinny girls? Yup! It all happens all the time, every day.
Why would that be? There are more interesting things in the world than people's looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships